Proposal: Seth Jones for M. Marner

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The GM in Columbus is not childish and blocks the number after a proposal he or she disagrees with immature behavior like blocking number only exists on the board. Kekäläinen may say no to the proposal, but he is a professional.
Dubas doesnt even make the call!!! No need to block.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
wow he scored him by 21 points in 1 more game when Werenski was only 20 and 21? How about we focus on the now as in this season. Nothing gets more overrated than certain defenseman who can play D but aren't that great on offense so people prep them up to be top 5 defender in the league in this thread which honestly has to be joke from my perspective.
Jones is better than Werenski in the here and now. And it's not even close.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
What does Marner do exactly to be worth 5.5 million more than Jones? You could have Jones and Rielly for Marner's sticker price

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
What does Marner do exactly to be worth 5.5 million more than Jones? You could have Jones and Rielly for Marner's sticker price
Well about 50 more points...... but in all seriousness jones will be getting a BIG raise and the gap be closer. Marner is not cheap but 94 points comes with a price tag especially when your 22.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Well about 50 more points...... but in all seriousness jones will be getting a BIG raise and the gap be closer. Marner is not cheap but 94 points comes with a price tag especially when your 22.

So you get to pay 5 million for the equivalent of a Kevin Labanc difference? Even less considering the year before Marner barely edged out Jones?

Why would Columbus care how many points Toronto squeezed out of Marner playing him with Tavares and on their PP unit?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Why would Columbus care how many points Toronto squeezed out of Marner playing him with Tavares and on their PP unit?
I'm wondering which is going to be why Marner gets the points he does. It's either that happened because he plays with Tavares all of last season and now it's because he plays with Matthews. However other people say Marner is the driver of those lines and why they are getting goals.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I'm wondering which is going to be why Marner gets the points he does. It's either that happened because he plays with Tavares all of last season and now it's because he plays with Matthews. However other people say Marner is the driver of those lines and why they are getting goals.

Yeah John Tavares and Auston Matthews were nothing until Mitch Marner came along

Either way good on them for milking much more money out of the leafs than any comparable players did with their teams

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Except Werenski isn't inept and is actually pretty good on D so your point makes no sense? I've watched the Jackets before I hardly notice much of a difference between either of the D-man that makes a clear gap between them.

Wait - you've watched them before and you hardly noticed a difference between them?

Well why didn't you say that in the first place! If I had known you've watched the Jackets before I never would have made that claim about Seth Jones.

Thanks for clearing all that up.

Reactions: Viqsi

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

So why did Matthews get goals last year when Marner wasn't playing with him? How does that work?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So why did Matthews get goals last year when Marner wasn't playing with him? How does that work?
My reply was more of how people think of Marner. Some say Tavares was the reason he got 94 points last season and others say it was Marner who made sure Tavares had 47 goals. Now that he's on a 5v5 line with Matthews some people say Marner is the reason why he's scoring at a higher rate than usual, where as others say Matthews would be doing that no matter who was on his line.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site

Mitch Marner is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Columbus might do this if TO included their next 2 firsts or 1 first and retained 25% on Marners contract. Otherwise I cant see how they would even consider it.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Columbus might do this if TO included their next 2 firsts or 1 first and retained 25% on Marners contract. Otherwise I cant see how they would even consider it.
Obviously they would do it for a massive over-payment as the Leafs would do it if Columbus included their next 2 firsts

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Obviously they would do it for a massive over-payment as the Leafs would do it if Columbus included their next 2 firsts

I dont see it as a massive overpayment. Jones is waaaay more valuable at this point than Marner. Marner is a really good player but a small playmaking winger is never going to come close to a guy like Jones. Unless the winger is a legit mega star. Which Marner is not.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I dont see it as a massive overpayment. Jones is waaaay more valuable at this point than Marner. Marner is a really good player but a small playmaking winger is never going to come close to a guy like Jones. Unless the winger is a legit mega star. Which Marner is not.
I see it as just that. Neither player is a legit mega star.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Just curious what does Marner need to do to be considered a mega star? Is getting 94 points not good enough? In the end he's still an elite winger or do you even question that?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Just curious what does Marner need to do to be considered a mega star? Is getting 94 points not good enough? In the end he's still an elite winger or do you even question that?
He is a star and an elite winger as Jones is a star and an elite defenceman, but to me, a mega star is McDavid, Crosby, Ovechkin.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
I feel like Jones value is in the ballpark of
(Not in any particular order but including contracts)
Draisaitl
Larkin
Pasternak
Mathews
scheifele
Petersson
Rantanen

Doesn't have the value of MacKinnon or Barkov because of contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00