Proposal: Seth Jones for M. Marner

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Remember guys just a proposal this would be good for both teams, jones for marner and maybe a 2nd or a prospect, I think this could benefit both teams gives Columbus offence and give leafs defence and maybe make the deal a little bigger so the money works for both teams, just an opinion guys I know a lot of you don't like this but some just might.....

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'm not adding to marner to get Jones. I'm a homer I guess but I'm not dealing marner for Jones 1v1 would want an add from CBJ side.

Cbj wont be doing Jones either. Hes their franchise guy no reason to move him

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
While trading Marner for Jones would really balance out the core of the Leafs roster, taking contracts into account, I see no reason why the Jackets would do this.

It is fun to think of a core of 2 franchise centers (Matthews, Tavares), a top line winger (Nylander) and 2 1D (Jones and Rielly) with all the depth the Leafs have behind them.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Not a chance. I don’t know why it took so many years, but Matthews is finally playing with Marner and looks far better. When you have a guy who’s a top offensive producer in the league, but then also helps another superstar maximize his abilities, you don’t give that up for anything, even a top-20 defenseman in the league.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Not a chance. I don’t know why it took so many years, but Matthews is finally playing with Marner and looks far better. When you have a guy who’s a top offensive producer in the league, but then also helps another superstar maximize his abilities, you don’t give that up for anything, even a top-20 defenseman in the league.
Top 20? He's top 5 for sure. Probably top 3.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
common now don't make him look like bobby orr, he is top ten for sure that is why I said the deal is close in value.
I can count on maybe three fingers defensemen in the league that are currently better than Seth Jones. Even then it's hard to say when you factor in contracts. I'm not a C-Bus fan, either.

Dubas would be run out of town if he had a chance to swap Marner for Jones and said no thanks.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I can count on maybe three fingers defensemen in the league that are currently better than Seth Jones. Even then it's hard to say when you factor in contracts. I'm not a C-Bus fan, either.
oh common there is ten d. on this league that are just as good think about it...you must be a jackets fan, but that's cool you should like your players more than others just as I do with the leafs…..

Reactions: JackFr

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
oh common there is ten d. on this league that are just as good think about it...you must be a jackets fan, but that's cool you should like your players more than others just as I do with the leafs…..
I'm not a Columbus fan I cheer for the Oilers. I'd trade everyone on the Oilers for Jones, barring McDavid.

I'd be interested to know which ten guys on the blue line are better than Jones. Keep in mind his caphit of 5.4 for two more seasons, still.

Reactions: hmc1987 and Viqsi

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Your GM would break his leg trying to get the paperwork done as fast as possible. #1 defenseman hold far more value than wingers all day long.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I'm not adding to marner to get Jones. I'm a homer I guess but I'm not dealing marner for Jones 1v1 would want an add from CBJ side.

Cbj wont be doing Jones either. Hes their franchise guy no reason to move him
The "add" from CBJ is that Jones makes way less money an Toronto needs that cap space just to keep players, let alone spend assets to acquire more. Think of it as Marner for Jones, Kapanen, and Johnsson, or Marner for Jones, Muzzin, and another D they can now afford to keep.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Your GM would break his leg trying to get the paperwork done as fast as possible. #1 defenseman hold far more value than wingers all day long.
A star winger can attract casual fans better than a #1D csn though and CBJ could probably use the ticket/jersey sales Marner would bring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad