Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What’s embarrassing are some of the comments...like this is violating someone’s safe space. The threads accurately labeled. If people don’t like it, they can simply stay away. But no. They want to come here and impose on the rest of us with their complaining.

I feel like the fact that the thread is accurately labeled means we should have a safe space from the complaining about this thread. It’s a bunch of hot nonsense.

Calling a trolling thread a "safe space" is the most delicious of ironies.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Looks like Dzingel may have been injured by Smith in practice and might be out for tonight’s game. He might be the most likely UFA to be moved out of the trio so it would be brutal if he’s out long term.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
People really need to grow up if they find this thread offensive/rude/in poor taste or whatever you want to call it.

It's a freaking hockey thread on a random hockey board on the internet.

Again, my irony meter is just about to burst, especially since the last thread was literally a pun riff off Kappo Kaako's name.

Look, I don't necessarily decry the existence of this thread. In fact, if we're gonna talk about the pick it probably should be rounded up into one easy-to-read format like this. I just think there's a line where it goes from trolling to outright smugness, which is simply not a good look for fans of the team that put up the suckiest record to ever suck in the NHL's modern era not even a full two years ago.

FTR I like the title of this edition of the thread, but I don't dig any sort of riffs that imply the Avs are gonna land Hughes, Kaako, or the like. And if people don't want to read me making comments like that, or poking fun at the many, many posts that read like "No, really! THIS time they're gonna start sucking for real! It's gonna happen!" then by all means, put me on ignore. It goes both ways.

Unless you already have, which would make this a moot point since you can't read this post anyway. :dunno: :teach2:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Again, my irony meter is just about to burst, especially since the last thread was literally a pun riff off Kappo Kaako's name.

Look, I don't necessarily decry the existence of this thread. In fact, if we're gonna talk about the pick it probably should be rounded up into one easy-to-read format like this. I just think there's a line where it goes from trolling to outright smugness, which is simply not a good look for fans of the team that put up the suckiest record to ever suck in the NHL's modern era not even a full two years ago.

FTR I like the title of this edition of the thread, but I don't dig any sort of riffs that imply the Avs are gonna land Hughes, Kaako, or the like. And if people don't want to read me making comments like that, or poking fun at the many, many posts that read like "No, really! THIS time they're gonna start sucking for real! It's gonna happen!" then by all means, put me on ignore. It goes both ways.

Unless you already have, which would make this a moot point since you can't read this post anyway. :dunno: :teach2:
I can make it worse.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Don't read it. Nobody cares about how you feel about a thread like this. We aren't be malicious.

We can't be smug about the Sens because we had a 48 point season? It's not a good look?

Nobody else has had to experience sucking on a level as high as we did 2 years ago. We can say whatever we want.

If you have such a problem with the thread, then don't come here and read it.

Also it's only going to get worse as we get close to game 82. It will then get even worse after the draft lottery, continuing to get worse until we hit peak pettiness on draft day. I guarantee it.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't read it. Nobody cares about how you feel about a thread like this. We aren't be malicious.

We can't be smug about the Sens because we had a 48 point season? It's not a good look?

Nobody else has had to experience sucking on a level as high as we did 2 years ago. We can say whatever we want.

If you have such a problem with the thread, then don't come here and read it.

Also it's only going to get worse as we get close to game 82. It will then get even worse after the draft lottery, continuing to get worse until we hit peak pettiness on draft day. I guarantee it.

Guess what? I'm not going away. Deal with it. You're entitled to your opinion and the expression thereof, and I'm entitled to the exact same. As I said before, it cuts both ways. Either put me on ignore or grin-n-bear it, or go tell a mod.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Guess what? I'm not going away. Deal with it. You're entitled to your opinion and the expression thereof, and I'm entitled to the exact same. As I said before, it cuts both ways. Either put me on ignore or grin-n-bear it, or go tell a mod.

I don't care if you stay, but complaining isn't going to accomplish anything.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Have you seen how bad things have gone in Ottawa? Wow.

Boucher says they're hopeful for Duchene on Friday but it looks like Dzingle is questionable tonight after getting hurt in pre-game skate. Borowiecki is back tonight, though that might be a good thing for us.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think this is why I finally said goodbye to fantasy hockey pools and will likely never try them again (even though it was the only form of fantasy sports in which I stood a chance). The disparity between what teams look like on paper vs. what actually takes place during the course of the season has really taken an absurd level the last two seasons, what with the Golden Knights powering all the way to the SCF their first season and teams like the Kings and Blues loading up on veteran talent only to faceplant once the actual games took place, not to mention the Sens continually finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot both on and off the ice and yet still somehow treading water in the standings.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I think this is why I finally said goodbye to fantasy hockey pools and will likely never try them again (even though it was the only form of fantasy sports in which I stood a chance). The disparity between what teams look like on paper vs. what actually takes place during the course of the season has really taken an absurd level the last two seasons, what with the Golden Knights powering all the way to the SCF their first season and teams like the Kings and Blues loading up on veteran talent only to faceplant once the actual games took place, not to mention the Sens continually finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot both on and off the ice and yet still somehow treading water in the standings.

Thanks for sharing

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Boucher says they're hopeful for Duchene on Friday but it looks like Dzingle is questionable tonight after getting hurt in pre-game skate. Borowiecki is back tonight, though that might be a good thing for us.

You'd have to assume Duchene won't rush coming back.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

I think that's what makes them fun. It doesn't really matter how well you think you drafted until the season starts. So much unpredictability from year to year, especially with goalies. I think where the true talent comes in, is being able to adapt and adjust throughout the season. I've always drafted well and then found sleepers or was able to find rookies that I knew would explode and it usually has paid off for me. Picked up Barzal last year in two leagues, picked up B. Tkachuk and Dahlin this year...and they've been great for me.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Thanks for sharing

giphy.gif

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think that's what makes them fun. It doesn't really matter how well you think you drafted until the season starts. So much unpredictability from year to year, especially with goalies. I think where the true talent comes in, is being able to adapt and adjust throughout the season. I've always drafted well and then found sleepers or was able to find rookies that I knew would explode and it usually has paid off for me. Picked up Barzal last year in two leagues, picked up B. Tkachuk and Dahlin this year...and they've been great for me.

I just felt more frustration than any sort of "fun" but now that I can just watch without any sort of stakes it makes the random happenstance that seemingly dictates my favorite sport much more enjoyable.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I just felt more frustration than any sort of "fun" but now that I can just watch without any sort of stakes it makes the random happenstance that seemingly dictates my favorite sport much more enjoyable.
This is why I don't gamble. I tried it a few years ago and it nearly ruined hockey for me. It definitely made it more exciting, but I turned into a basket case and I wasn't even putting more than $50 down in a night lol

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad