#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
There isn't a single stat that even remotely points towards them being able to finish better than the bottom of 10. After today they will have played 35 game, with most teams below them playing 31-32.

They probably won't suck enough for LA or Chicago to pass them, but I would not be surprised if that pick is top 5.

So they're like the 13/14 Avs?

Teams in all sports have defied odds and statistics every single year and cashing in a Sens free fall right now is just stupid, no matter how much we all want it.

Also; karma.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So they're like the 13/14 Avs?

Teams in all sports have defied odds and statistics every single year and cashing in a Sens free fall right now is just stupid, no matter how much we all want it.

Also; karma.
They 13/14 Avs looks like an all-star team compared to the Sens roster lol also karma isn't real. How long do you think Stone / Chabot / Boedker / Anderson can keep this team above water? My money is on not much longer.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Sens lost with a differential of -51 of shots directed against the net versus Montreal, which tied the second highest of any team this season (Arizona posted a -51 differential against Carolina). The Sens have recorded the highest differential as well (-58 against VGK earlier this season).

Last edited:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
They 13/14 Avs looks like an all-star team compared to the Sens roster lol also karma isn't real. How long do you think Stone / Chabot / Boedker / Anderson can keep this team above water? My money is on not much longer.

Compared to the roster? Sure, but on the ice? Hell, no. The Avs got just as outplayed that year as the Sens are this year.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Compared to the roster? Sure, but on the ice? Hell, no. The Avs got just as outplayed that year as the Sens are this year.
Yah we were outplayed and rode varly pretty hard, but we had 112 points and won the central. Also blew that playoff series after dominating Minnesota early.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
If karma happens it will be have us get a top 2 pick for the quitter. The first part of the karma started with the Sens collapse last year , making Duchene look like a full blown idiot

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Aren't ya'll known for all that? Anyway don't take it too seriously man, I will edit it out to make you feel better.
To be fair, America's pastime is baseball, and the stat lines are nuts. Much more in depth than hockey. Way more variables.

Still a very boring game.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
With Arizona and Carolina playing each other today the Sens are gauranteed to fall to 8th. If Arizona wins on OT they’ll fall to 7th and both teams still have two games in hand.

The Sens/Devils game this week is going to be big for us. Sens play at home against NSH and WSH. This could be a big week for us.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
I don't see the problem with the thread, it's the Avalanche's draft pick. The over reactions to Ottawa's wins and losses are a bit silly but the Ottawa pick is our best asset outside of Makar and potentially the key to the team's Cup aspirations. The Avalanche probably won't pick this high for a long time, and outside the lottery it's hard to get a #1C or #1D.

There are a lot of bad teams that are roughly equally bad. The Senators could finish anywhere between #29 and #20 and it wouldn't be surprising. I think the Senators are near the bottom of that nine team group but it's hardly guaranteed. Injuries, trades, and a hot or cold streak could change things drastically given how close those teams are. And then there's the lottery.

Cozens is realistic possibility in terms of need and fit. Big, fast, two-way center. The Avalanche could draft him as low as #6 if teams prefer the offensive upside of Podkolzin and Dach and a team thinks Byram can be a #1D. Hughes or Kakko would be nice but unlikely even if the Senators somehow fell below the Kings and Blackhawks.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
With Arizona and Carolina playing each other today the Sens are gauranteed to fall to 8th. If Arizona wins on OT they’ll fall to 7th and both teams still have two games in hand.

The Sens/Devils game this week is going to be big for us. Sens play at home against NSH and WSH. This could be a big week for us.

They'll have played 35 games after today, and have 6 teams below them within 1-4 points, and all 6 have 2-3 less games played.

I have a theory that the sooner they hit rock bottom, the sooner they lose all hope and tank even worse. Could be soon if things go well.

Today should be an auto-loss to the Preds, but Ottawa has surprised me a few times this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia