#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
In terms of points percentage they are 6th. That would pick the ceiling on the pick as #9, which would be a great return.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Today should be an auto-loss to the Preds, but Ottawa has surprised me a few times this year.

*Tomorrow

You can't count Ottawa out at home. I don't know if it's the last change or the young kids and the home crowd but they are night and day on the road and home.

Eventually the road games are going to catch up to them. And we'll see who the end up selling at the deadline:

I always assumed Duchene would stay but we're getting damn close to July and with Duchene's comments about 'finally having full control' and 'taking care of youself' I'm starting to wonder.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
*Tomorrow

You can't count Ottawa out at home. I don't know if it's the last change or the young kids and the home crowd but they are night and day on the road and home.

Eventually the road games are going to catch up to them. And we'll see who the end up selling at the deadline:

I always assumed Duchene would stay but we're getting damn close to July and with Duchene's comments about 'finally having full control' and 'taking care of youself' I'm starting to wonder.

Oh right, it's tmr. I don't think Ottawa has a shot in hell to sign either player by the deadline.

They are both about to sign the biggest contract of their careers, and they will want to test the market. It's nearly certain.

Getting paid more money than Melnyk will offer, to play on a better team (that's not constantly surrounded by scandals) is a no brainer.

I don't think being close to home is a big factor for Duchene. I think it's overhyped. His wife is from Colorado, and most of his adult life has been in Denver. He still owns a house there.

Also haliburton is still a 3-4 hour drive from Ottawa, and during the winter, who the hell wants to drive through snow to get there.

People also say he is close to home so he will have to travel less. He's a pro hockey player, all they do is play hockey and travel.

Anyways Ottawa will be forced to trade them if they don't sign. If they don't trade them, and they walk for nothing, Ottawa fans will probably lose their collective minds. It would be a disaster for Ottawa.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Senators are going to have to give up a lot in signing bonuses (especially during potential lockout years). That's going to be the main problem getting Duchene and Stone re-signed.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Avs need Sens to finish at the bottom and win the lottery. Make up for the Makar Mistake. Or will analysts call it the Makar Misstep ten years from now?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Tracking the pick is fine but have a thread devoted to essentially tracking the losses of another team just seems strange to me.

Also, coming in here and reading something along the lines of "Any day now the Sens are going to drop, just look at their GA etc. etc." every week is just cringey.

Reactions: cgf

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tracking the pick is fine but have a thread devoted to essentially tracking the losses of another team just seems strange to me.

Also, coming in here and reading something along the lines of "Any day now the Sens are going to drop, just look at their GA etc. etc." every week is just cringey.

Yeah, but I think what gets me is the posts that predict their fall as if it's a preordained fact combined with the thread. There is nothing in here that can't be in the around the league thread IMO. We already use that thread as a GDT of sorts for non Avs games, and it works well.

Trolling is technically against the rules still if I'm not mistaken, and this is one big troll stream as its own thread.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Why are you continually coming back to read something you don't like? There's a thread for it for a reason, so the discussion can be in one place and people like you don't have to read it.

Reactions: klozge and Avs71

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Why are you continually coming back to read something you don't like? There's a thread for it for a reason, so the discussion can be in one place and people like you don't have to read it.

Wow, excellent point. Never considered that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I love this argument lol. How about because there is sometimes actual relevant information in the thread because it's 50/50 as to what gets posted in here or the around the league thread.

Nice try

Reactions: Tralfamadore

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I love this argument lol. How about because there is sometimes actual relevant information in the thread because it's 50/50 as to what gets posted in here or the around the league thread.

Nice try
The fact is, that this thread exists so the around the league thread isn't flooded with our dumb shit every time the Sens play about every other day.

If you people (not at you directly, CA) can't chill out about there being a thread for tracking our pick, I'd ignore it. We're all just some guy who watches hockey. We could have a thread for tracking the Rangers' pick if we so pleased and it wouldn't matter at all in regards to anything.

Reactions: 5280 and S3rkie

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Nice try
If there is relevant information than what is the problem? We dont need to get rid of the thread because you dont like some posts. There is good reason to keep it all in one thread. And like you said some of the information in here is useful.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The fact is, that this thread exists so the around the league thread isn't flooded with our dumb **** every time the Sens play about every other day.

If you people (not at you directly, CA) can't chill out about there being a thread for tracking our pick, I'd ignore it. We're all just some guy who watches hockey. We could have a thread for tracking the Rangers' pick if we so pleased and it wouldn't matter at all in regards to anything.

If there is relevant information than what is the problem? We dont need to get rid of the thread because you dont like some posts. There is good reason to keep it all in one thread. And like you said some of the information in here is useful.

Fair points, but I don't think the other thread is so active that it would matter.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Nice try

Ok, well make sure to stay strong while you're going through this thread. Remember that the words can't hurt you, and some people are just mean!

Reactions: Tralfamadore

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Fair points, but I don't think the other thread is so active that it would matter.
Fair enough, but we have had more than 4000 posts about the topic and sometimes I wanna go into the league thread and not have it be about the Senators' advanced stats.

Now, of course if you've paid attention to my postings in these threads, I treat them as a giant troll job joke, and I would sometimes recommend it to others. You know, like we used to do in all the threads in the dark age... Ahh, the good old days.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
What’s embarrassing are some of the comments...like this is violating someone’s safe space. The threads accurately labeled. If people don’t like it, they can simply stay away. But no. They want to come here and impose on the rest of us with their complaining.

I feel like the fact that the thread is accurately labeled means we should have a safe space from the complaining about this thread. It’s a bunch of hot nonsense.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What’s embarrassing are some of the comments...like this is violating someone’s safe space. The threads accurately labeled. If people don’t like it, they can simply stay away. But no. They want to come here and impose on the rest of us with their complaining.

I feel like the fact that the thread is accurately labeled means we should have a safe space from the complaining about this thread. It’s a bunch of hot nonsense.

Safe space and HFboards do not belong in the same reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->