#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'll reiterate, I've rooted for my own team to lose for a better draft pick. Why should I have any compunction about rooting for someone else's team to lose? My only regret is we don't have the pick of someone like Vancouver, Philly or Brian Burke who I root against anyway.

I've also noticed Sens fans are okay with us taking shots at Melnyk and Dorion.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think we'd be insulting everyone's intelligence if we said we weren't hoping they lose every game. Anyone else would in our position if their team were poised to get a 1st overall pick without having to tank for it.

And this is still a true wonder of the World Wide Web:

Sens Pick Tracker - Tracking the draft odds for you!

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Hey that's fine, if you and others want to keep watching as London Bridge stays up, be my guest. I think it'll be a good pick regardless, but it just ain't going to be a top-five pick. I predicted it landing the Avs the 12th overall spot and I'm sticking to that.

MyNHLDraft.com right now has the Avs taking Lavoie and Knight with their two picks.

To be fair, you don't know that...just like nobody saw the Carolina Hurricanes go from #11 to #2 last year and the Flyers do practically the same the year prior to draft Nolan Patrick.

Last year, two teams escaped the fate of trading a lottery pick that ended up in the Top#3 - the Calgary Flames and the St-Louis Blues with their trades with the Islanders and Flyers respectively but I don't expect that trend to continue this year. In the end, I believe we are going to end up with pick #2. Whether that's with the best odds, second best odds or otherwise, that's what I believe will happen.

And yeah, karma might have something to do with it but there's nothing CHABO? or WHITE? or any of those superstas can do about it.

I don't believe Avs fans 'tracking' the pick makes any difference whatsoever. We did the same thing in 2011 when we traded for Varlamov and I'm pretty damn sure they had many threads about how we were going to end up giving them Yakupov. I never even once concerned myself with any of it. (We ended up giving them a much better player F.Forsberg who they ended up dumping for a pile of crap)

By the way, if the Avs did end up drafting both Lavoie AND Knight, I would frikkin' LOVE IT!

Senators are going to have to give up a lot in signing bonuses (especially during potential lockout years). That's going to be the main problem getting Duchene and Stone re-signed.

I believe the main problem will be to get either guy to sign the contract extension regardless of any $$$$. The $$$ will be the same or close to it wherever they end up. I think Duchene ends up in Nashville maybe even before the TDL. (they have a bunch of prospects they can give up and practically not feel it - Allard, Fabbro, Tolvanen)

Reactions: Sun God Nika

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Sens are just doing whatever they want against the Preds. It’s like watching men against boys.
Preds definitely weren't ready for tonight's game. It's like they expected to just roll over the Sens and didn't put any game plan together. A 3 goal lead hasn't been the safest thing this year, but the preds really do look bad. Is kinda weird. They're kinda apathetic, but also grumpy and kinda chipy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But..but on paper...
I haven’t seen the Sens dummy a team like they did with the Preds in the first period yet this year.

Yes stats can be misleading, but pretty much every game I’ve seen the Sens play so far they have looked terribad. They look great tonight though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I haven’t seen the Sens dummy a team like they did with the Preds in the first period yet this year.

Yes stats can be misleading, but pretty much every game I’ve seen the Sens play so far they have looked terribad. They look great tonight though.

I was looking at the game on the schedule and just immediately laughed. My first thought was that they'd crap the bed. Tampa did the same thing to an extent against the Jets.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
You actually waited and went back to quote me? I'm such an idiot for thinking Nashville would win against Ottawa. Gimmie a break

I didn't "wait". You made a post like 48 hours ago on a really short thread. I'm not trolling you -- just having a bit of fun with the general attitude from many (not you specifically) that the Sens would and will suck. And you flat out said they would lose, btw.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I didn't "wait". You made a post like 48 hours ago on a really short thread. I'm not trolling you -- just having a bit of fun with the general attitude from many (not you specifically) that the Sens would and will suck. And you flat out said they would lose, btw.
Yah I expected them to lose. They suck.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Duchene coming back, plyers playing for a spot/contract sens will stay .500 till trade deadline more likely than "plummeting" at least.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Calling a trolling thread a "safe space" is the most delicious of ironies.
Where is the troll thread? This is the daily-tracking the Sens thread where we celebrate a loss and cry with a win.

This isn't a, "should we justify this thread because random karma somewhere in the universe will come out and get us" thread. If they believe that, HFB introduced the "ignore thread" feature button again for all the people who believe in hocus pocus such as luck and jinxes.

I admit it sucks that it has to be the Sens, they have a fine fanbase for me and been through a lot of unfortunate circumstances with their owner being an ass. However, lets not play this shoe on the other foot game. 99.9% of you lot would be fine for these threads if it was either a "division rival", "Leafs", "Flyers", "Penguins", or "Red Wings".

Reactions: McMetal

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've already said my piece on the thread. Moving on...

Well if anything it's crystal f***ing clear that no matter what the resulting pick ends up being, we know what Colorado's most glaring weakness is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad