Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Minnesota, Tuesday 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Again, that's fine. It's even more effective when the Dman back takes neither the shot nor the pass away. It was horribly played by MDZ, why are you so adamantly deflecting away from his role?

Because the play never happens if Tim doesn't randomly stop flat footed at the opposing blueline when the Wild clearly have gained puck possession. It's a mickey mouse play man, and the way he gets out muscled and bascially gives up on the play afterward, story of his career so far. Again he'll get stronger, but it was gross. if you can't win any physical battles in the NHL, don't put yourself in a position where you need to battle.

Reactions: ToastrStutzle

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
some people tryin to say Brown had a decent game tho lol

It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

When Brown is on the ice the puck is never going towards the other team's net. Never. He just back pedals until the forwards get so close to our net that he can swat at them. It's brutal.

His game wasn't full of glaring errors tonight but there are very few scenarios where something good happens from a Josh Brown play. He's nothing in the offensive zone. He does nothing in the neutral zone. He just plays in his own end and often misses assignments there.

Other than using his reach and taking up space on the PK he does nothing well. And he isn't that good of a PKer.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Nobody gives it more than Tkachuk. I'd argue no senator has ever given it as much every shift.

He's not as talented as Batherson, but he's ridiculously effective in other ways.

Tell me you see that, otherwise I don't see the point in arguing over the list of what Tkachuk brings to the table out there and why suddenly Batherson and Norris are PPG players with Brady.

lol go watch batherson/norris goals again and see how much tkachuk contributes to them. there ppg because they are much more skilled than him. not because tkachuk is 'helping them'

Reactions: robsenz

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It’s not just the young forwards, Ennis and Tierney are the same and tonigh Brown and Paul were poor.
Sure but the point stands. Those guys are typically more reliable and the young guys will learn, but Zaitsev, MDZ, Brown and Mete, not much. They are what they are.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Zaitsev has been ghastly defensively every where he has played.

same with del zotto until last year.

have they always been a part of terrible 5 man units. I dono. You would need to play with Crosby or datsyuk to make them decent defensively
I’m not defending the D, I’m saying the forwards were terrible defensively the last few games.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yes, the 6 games he's played this season with no training camp is plenty enough to dismiss his potential as an 8M player.

Y'all losing it.
no no read again

he has never shown to be a 8 mill dollar player

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

When Brown is on the ice the puck is never going towards the other team's net. Never. He just back pedals until the forwards get so close to our net that he can swat at them. It's brutal.

His game wasn't full of glaring errors tonight but there are very few scenarios where something good happens from a Josh Brown play. He's nothing in the offensive zone. He does nothing in the neutral zone. He just plays in his own end and often misses assignments there.

Other than using his reach and taking up space on the PK he does nothing well. And he isn't that good of a PKer.
I am also dumbfounded by what people see in him. He doesn't provide much of anything. Below average defensively and brings a net negative offensively.

Reactions: Emrasie

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
lol go watch batherson/norris goals again and see how much tkachuk contributes to them. there ppg because they are much more skilled than him. not because tkachuk is 'helping them'
Do you realize how much attention Tkachuk gets from opposing teams?

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
What the f*** does this have to do with what we were talking about?

Your original post was: tkachuk should have been with Stutzle, not Paul and that Brady can take the faceoffs.

I said Stutzle was with Tkachuk.

You somehow turned this into anti-Brady?

headup

Apr 7, 2008
Can you stop? There is nothing similar about past mail it in teams to Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris, Pinto, Chabot, Zub. Nothing. These guys play hard. Can you wait until we add Sanderson and Pinto gets a few more reps before continuously harping on this rebuild? It's old already and we're not even 10 games into the season.

players mean nothing. It’s the culture. The Pesky Sens nonsense is not a good thing. Having a culture of excellence and professionalism is why certain teams no matter if they’re at the bottom one year will end up being a contender within a short time frame. We’re constantly treading water.

Reactions: Girutzlechuk

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Because the play never happens if Tim doesn't randomly stop flay footed at the opposing blueline when the Wild clearly have gained puck possession. It's a mickey mouse play man, and the way he gets out muscled and bascially gives up on the play afterward, story of his career so far. Again he'll get stronger, but it was gross. if you can't win any physical battles in the NHL, don't put yourself in a position where you need to battle.
I don't care if the play never happens if Stützle does something different, it did happen and MDZ laid a turd. I'm not absolving Stützle of a bad play just like I refuse to absolve MDZ. Both played it horribly.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
players mean nothing. It’s the culture. The Pesky Sens nonsense is not a good thing. Having a culture of excellence and professionalism is why certain teams no matter if they’re at the bottom one year will end up being a contender within a short time frame. We’re constantly treading water.
Culture starts from the top.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

No team permanently has that culture. Usually it’s built after a rebuild, which is exactly what we are trying to do here.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
They should have gotten a Dman with a boatload of experience this off season. I guess it's harder than it sounds, but we needed that so badly.

how much "experience" is a boatload?

it could be argued that both Holden and Del Zaster (btw that nickname wasn't invented by @Yak, ive seen it on reddit, and by Jonny Superbman on youtube years ago) have "boatloads" of NHL experience...

Holden - 500+ NHL Games
Del Zotto - 700+ NHL games

I think we just need competent defensemen outside of Chabot-Zub, regardless of experience.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I don't care if the play never happens if Stützle does something different, it did happen and MDZ laid a turd. I'm not absolving Stützle of a bad play just like I refuse to absolve MDZ. Both played it horribly.

Add Gus to that outcome too then? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad