Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Minnesota, Tuesday 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He said Aspirot is the most ready but I think he's out for up to 8 weeks.
They have 3 of their top 6 D out so maybe he isn't selling too hard.

I didnt hear this weeks interview im just remembering to last week. He didnt sound like he thought either guy was close. Kinda like if I had a gun to my head type situation

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I didnt hear this weeks interview im just remembering to last week. He didnt sound like he thought either guy was close. Kinda like if I had a gun to my head type situation
I think that's from today the Aspirot thing... not sure maybe I just dreamt it lol

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
He's young. He's also in a slump. He's been good. He made some solid defensive plays tonight. He had a few gaffs, but he has been one of the best players on the ice. I am not worried about Stützle. I'm concerned more about our D. I am also concerned that aside from Norris and Watson, we don't have any centers who can win important draws. We need Pinto back. We need to play better team defence. We need to not fall asleep at the beginning of games and let in three goals. We need better D.

I bet well over half the forwards in the league would beg for 5 points in 9 games while being considered in a slump...

I know we're all referring to goals here but I really don't see Stu as a goalscorer on this team, (not that he wont ever score) that is why I'd really like to see him play with Norris and/or Batherson who are both more shooters.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I bet well over half the forwards in the league would beg for 5 points in 9 games while being considered in a slump...

I know we're all referring to goals here but I really don't see Stu as a goalscorer on this team, (not that he wont ever score) that is why I'd really like to see him play with Norris and/or Batherson who are both more shooters.

Stu can do both. He has the shot and the slickness to score goals. This is literally a slump for him. He needs one breakout goal.

Reactions: bashbros32

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Stu can do both. He has the shot and the slickness to score goals. This is literally a slump for him. He needs one breakout goal.

fair enough, I'd still like to see him with more skilled teammates than Paul-Brown-Tierney-Ennis... the 4 he was paired with tonight...

Stu - Norris - Batherson
Tkachuk - Paul - Brown
Formenton - Tierney - Ennis
Sanford - Shaw/Gambrell - Watson

or

Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Stu - Paul - Batherson

bottom six can stay the same.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
fair enough, I'd still like to see him with more skilled teammates than Paul-Brown-Tierney-Ennis... the 4 he was paired with tonight...

Stu - Norris - Batherson
Tkachuk - Paul - Brown
Formenton - Tierney - Ennis
Sanford - Shaw/Gambrell - Watson

or

Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Stu - Paul - Batherson

bottom six can stay the same.

You're right about this. When Pinto returns, I'd like to see Stu lined with Pinto and maybe have Paul on the wing. Or maybe Tkatchuk, Pinto, Stu. We really need Pinto back to be honest. Now it seems like it would also be good to have White back.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He did say they're the closest to being ready tho, so that means no one in the AHL is ready basically lol.
He said aspirot had been their best d. And he likes lucchini up front.
So yeah…..there you go. Says it all.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Every game that goes by you see how big of a mistake it was to trade Mike Reilly.

Reactions: Tuna99

little BiG

Dec 6, 2018
Sokolov. Is. Not. Ready.

You may get a pants tent cuz hes a large man, but he isnt ready yet. You can say it over and over and over and over liek you do, but it doesnt make him ready faster.
Pants tent. LMAO, I'm taking that

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Oooof! Tough several pages to slog through, seems comparable to an open latrine. An ignored posted made it a bit mysterious too!

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this game, down early, down and out by the looks of it, battle back, take the lead, seesaw affair.

OT losses suck, but as Garcia mentioned, it’s always a turns over or a mistake of some kind.

MDZ had a good game, top line was good, Gus cleaned up for a stellar third, and Jimbo was buzzing. Chabot was good, Zub looks to be in a bit of a two game funk of sorts compared to earlier on. Watson and Sanford had good games as well.

Paul and Brown have up and down moments, something seems a bit off in their defensive games at times.

Time will smooth things out I bet. First road trip for half the team, ever, so it must have been some fun.

On we go to the next one!

Reactions: Jorge Garcia

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
It's time to release Luccccchini on these motherf***ers. Why is Dorion holding back. Maybe he's waiting for the playoffs.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
2 nhl caliber defenseman playing tonight, since inception the team has been virtually incapable of putting together a solid defense corp, outside of a few unicorn years...I hope dj and dorion are shown the door this off-season and that they take whatever pro scouts that are still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad