Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Minnesota, Tuesday 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
He's not floating.

Seriously, what's wrong with people on here?

Ready to lynch a 19 year old who generates a ton and ready to run our C out of town in his 5th game.

We can be better than this in Ottawa. Leave that shit to Toronto.

generates what? 200+ shots where like 85% are meh opportunities. like I'm not saying he's not good but he is seriosuly overrated.

batherson is out there flying on every shift. I want to see the same from tkachk especially if he thinks he's worth 65% more than batherson

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Stutzle fault that this happened.

Funny, don't recall seeing Mete and Brown on that last play? I don't get why its so sad to just admit Tim cost them that game. He'll get there, obviously isn't there yet, may never be defensively in his entire career.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Again, that's fine. It's even more effective when the Dman back takes neither the shot nor the pass away. It was horribly played by MDZ, why are you so adamantly deflecting away from his role?
i think he thought Stuztle had the passer once he get pushed off it was over

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Then why do we look so much better defensively when Chabot and zub are on the ice? Hockey is a d game but when you are ass defensively a massive reason will be because the defenders are shit
Because they don’t make the first turnover as much, it still happens with them sometimes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I said earlier it’s not in the D alone. When we get in those fire drill situations it’s also on our forwards. Our young guys are not quite there yet defensively and a couple of the vets like Ennis are terrible densively. It’s simple one turnover and we completely breakdown and either get lost, stop moving or over commit trying to cover for someone else. It’s a 5 man breakdown.
Its compounding. The D loses their man and the young forwards don't know how to adjust. Kids won't get experience overnight, we need to shelter them with half decent Dmen. Holden not being available hurts

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
3 on 3 is a whole different animal than 5 on 5 though. Mete’s wheels become more valuable in 3 on 3 and his size (or lack thereof) is mitigated.

I don’t disagree, but DJ is big on rewarding players when they’re having a good night and I can’t say I mind that approach. You win more than you lose doing that. Not that MDZ was amazing tonight or anything but he had a decent night for his standards. It didn’t work out but that’s life.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I meant in general. batherson is always flying. tkachuk needs to show why he's worth $8 mil. So far in 6 games he has 1 goal and hasn't looked anywhere close to 8 mil player
I see.. so your comment was that in general you want tkachuk out there with Stutzle? Both are Left wingers, but you want Brady to take draws? What the hell are you saying?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Because they don’t make the first turnover as much, it still happens with them sometimes.
Zaitsev has been ghastly defensively every where he has played.

same with del zotto until last year.

have they always been a part of terrible 5 man units. I dono. You would need to play with Crosby or datsyuk to make them decent defensively

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I see.. so your comment was that in general you want tkachuk out there with Stutzle? Both are Left wingers, but you want Brady to take draws? What the hell are you saying?

lol I'm not talking about ot in every post. I mean in general too. chabot/stutzle/norris/batherson have all been better than tkachuk.

If he thinks he's worth $8 mil he needs to show it. haven't seen that so far

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Its compounding. The D loses their man and the young forwards don't know how to adjust. Kids won't get experience overnight, we need to shelter them with half decent Dmen. Holden not being available hurts
It’s not just the young forwards, Ennis and Tierney are the same and tonigh Brown and Paul were poor.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
generates what? 200+ shots where like 85% are meh opportunities. like I'm not saying he's not good but he is seriosuly overrated.

batherson is out there flying on every shift. I want to see the same from tkachk especially if he thinks he's worth 65% more than batherson
Nobody gives it more than Tkachuk. I'd argue no senator has ever given it as much every shift.

He's not as talented as Batherson, but he's ridiculously effective in other ways.

Tell me you see that, otherwise I don't see the point in arguing over the list of what Tkachuk brings to the table out there and why suddenly Batherson and Norris are PPG players with Brady.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The great news from all this is that even with all the boat anchors on the team; our young guys along with some 'veterans' are pulling the load and getting results. We shouldn't have got a point from this game, but their efforts paid off.

Reactions: robsenz

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Same height, same position (Galchenyuk was moved to center at one point), and both were high draft picks. If this trajectory were to hold of course it's bad news for us, but it's safe to say that this represents the "floor" so to speak.
Try watching the games bud

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

He wants Brady to be a Batherson-type speedy player instead of exactly what he is: a power forward who goes to the net every chance he gets.

I honestly can't believe how many on here discredit everything Brady does while watching him do so much around the net.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Same height, same position (Galchenyuk was moved to center at one point), and both were high draft position. If this trajectory were to hold of course it's bad news for us, but it's safe to say that this represents the "floor" so to speak.
Lmao, keep going man! Why stop at Galchenyuk, I thought you would've went for Daigle or Yakupov.

Reactions: Jhero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad