Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Minnesota, Tuesday 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa got lucky the Minny coaches called a review and received the delay of game penalty to allow us to score 2 goals back to back.

every rebuild adds players. Chicago added Hossa. L.A. Added Richards and Carter. Tampa added Sergachev and McDonough.

Ottawa needs 2 x legit top 4 Dman. The rebuild is going nowhere if we are relying on rookie D like Thomson, JBD and Sanderson to save this team. By the time they are ready for playoff Cuo runs the team will be in Cap hell. He window is next year and the year after that. and he team needs to start building its identity now. Need to add D or this thing is going nowhere.

but the coach sticking to his guys in Zaitsev and J.Brown is a blind spot that needs to be fixed. Someone has to tell him how bad these guys are. He falls in love with these guys and can’t see the warts in their games. DJ needs to see the light

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
The bottom 4 defence on this team are not NHL level. It will be a very long season if this isn’t addressed.
The system DJ is employing where we give the opposition half the ice uncontested on most shifts also has to change.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
The game was tied 4 - 4 & the Sens had as many chances to win as the Wild, Stutzle made the mistake on that 4 on 4 in OV that cost them the game, period. It was no other player's fault, maybe this other guy could have done this or that doesn't matter without that error. Stutzle's biggest weakness seems to be hanging on to the puck too long & losing possession which he is still learning, he had a very good night other than that. Gustavsson had a good game after that 1st period & gave them a chance to win.

I think they should take Stutzle off the line with Paul & C. Brown, they don't seem to mesh well, I prefer Formenton with those two. I think they could create a decent 4th line too of Sanford - Tierny - Watson. Hopefully, Pinto comes back soon to play with Stutzle & they just need to find a good RW to play with them .... someone like ..... it's on the tip of my tongue ... a big guy ... Russian ... I think .... oh yea ... Sokolov .... yea that's it, .... that's the ticket. Out Ennis & Shaw, in Pinto & Sokolov, he would add another big shot on RW.
We is your solution to every problem with the lineup to pencil in a player who is two years away or some kid we might draft in 6 months or some kid we drafted 6 months ago? Why? It's an honest to god question.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Come on Dorion. Save us from this circular arguing about our bottom 4. We are spending day after day arguing about how to arrange the bottom 4 D on this team. The fact is there are zero options that work when we only have bottom pair capable players. We need 2 2nd pairing D stat.

Reactions: BatherSeason
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad