Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Minnesota, Tuesday 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Wow people really like scape goating eh ? Stutzle is wayyyy better defensively compared to last year, almost singlehandedly won us the game with 1 minute left yet people have the short sightedness to blame him lol very interesting
It's overtime. It always ends on a turnover or a missed chance, leading to an odd-man rush. Sometimes it goes your way. sometimes it doesn't.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
players mean nothing. It’s the culture. The Pesky Sens nonsense is not a good thing. Having a culture of excellence and professionalism is why certain teams no matter if they’re at the bottom one year will end up being a contender within a short time frame. We’re constantly treading water.
The culture of this team needed changing and it changed the moment we drafted Tkachuk, a guy who wants to win and will drag his team into battle every night.

That's your culture and that's the youth we have that follow him into battle and have begun to mature and blossom - and those are the guys that will lead us to the playoffs again.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sure but the point stands. Those guys are typically more reliable and the young guys will learn, but Zaitsev, MDZ, Brown and Mete, not much. They are what they are.
Well Zaitsev makes everyone worse this year and Josh Brown isn’t good enough to make up for how bad Mete played. Give me Mete/Brannstrom with Holden and Del Zotto with Brown.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I don't care if the play never happens if Stützle does something different, it did happen and MDZ laid a turd. I'm not absolving Stützle of a bad play just like I refuse to absolve MDZ. Both played it horribly.

Honestly last thing I want to do is defend MDZ, don't even want the guy on the team, but that puck is in the net regardless of what D we have out there.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
What the f*** does this have to do with what we were talking about?

Your original post was: tkachuk should have been with Stutzle, not Paul and that Brady can take the faceoffs.

I said Stutzle was with Tkachuk.

You somehow turned this into anti-Brady?

lol Go check the posts again. I made a separate post about tkachuk needing to be better. I didn't reply to your post with that comment about tkachuk not being good enough. You assumed yourself I meant in ot.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No team permanently has that culture. Usually it’s built after a rebuild, which is exactly what we are trying to do here.

That's great, and yes, the kids seem to all love being around each other. But if they keep getting the shit kicked out of them most nights because there's no depth and especially no defense, none of that matters.

Dorion forgot rebuilding includes surrounding that youth with adequate vets.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
how much "experience" is a boatload?

it could be argued that both Holden and Del Zaster (btw that nickname wasn't invented by @Yak, ive seen it on reddit, and by Jonny Superbman on youtube years ago) have "boatloads" of NHL experience...

Holden - 500+ NHL Games
Del Zotto - 700+ NHL games

I think we just need competent defensemen outside of Chabot-Zub, regardless of experience.
Holden is good, but be honest, when we signed Mdz did you say to yourself, that's the winner we need to calm the youth? Me neither.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
That's great, and yes, the kids seem to all love being around each other. But if they keep getting the shit kicked out of them most nights because there's no depth and especially no defense, none of that matters.

Dorion forgot rebuilding includes surrounding that youth with adequate vets.

I think next summer will define this rebuild, as long as our young guys keep improving this year and Dorion makes the necessary moves to get us to the playoffs next year, we will be fine. One more losing season after this and we’re in dangerous territory, I agree.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
"I think we just need competent defensemen outside of Chabot-Zub, regardless of experience."

did you read what I wrote?

Well, yeah. That's the problem. Dorion got Holden, but then thought Mdz would be fine as the other acquisition.

I'd settle for a competent 2nd pairing happily- and I'd like that 2nd pairing to have some Stanley Cup experience as well as not sucking.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The game was tied 4 - 4 & the Sens had as many chances to win as the Wild, Stutzle made the mistake on that 4 on 4 in OV that cost them the game, period. It was no other player's fault, maybe this other guy could have done this or that doesn't matter without that error. Stutzle's biggest weakness seems to be hanging on to the puck too long & losing possession which he is still learning, he had a very good night other than that. Gustavsson had a good game after that 1st period & gave them a chance to win.

I think they should take Stutzle off the line with Paul & C. Brown, they don't seem to mesh well, I prefer Formenton with those two. I think they could create a decent 4th line too of Sanford - Tierny - Watson. Hopefully, Pinto comes back soon to play with Stutzle & they just need to find a good RW to play with them .... someone like ..... it's on the tip of my tongue ... a big guy ... Russian ... I think .... oh yea ... Sokolov .... yea that's it, .... that's the ticket. Out Ennis & Shaw, in Pinto & Sokolov, he would add another big shot on RW.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The game was tied 4 - 4 & the Sens had as many chances to win as the Wild, Stutzle made the mistake on that 4 on 4 that cost them the game, period. It was no other player's fault, maybe this other guy could have done this or that doesn't matter without that error. Stutzle's biggest weakness seems to be hanging on to the puck too long & losing possession. Gustavsson had a good game after that 1st period & gave them a chance to win.

I think they should take Stutzle off the line with Paul & C. Brown, they don't seem to mesh well, I prefer Formenton with those two. I think they could create a decent 4th line too of Sanford - Tierny - Watson. Hopefully, Pinto comes back soon to play with Stutzle & they just need to find a good RW to play with them .... someone like ..... it's on the tip of my tongue ... a big guy ... Russian ... I think .... oh yea ... Sokolov .... yea that's it, .... that's the ticket. Out Ennis & Shaw, in Pinto & Sokolov, he would add another big shot on RW.
sokolov isn't ready

there is another russian on the rangers though that could help

Reactions: robsenz

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
The game was tied 4 - 4 & the Sens had as many chances to win as the Wild, Stutzle made the mistake on that 4 on 4 that cost them the game, period. It was no other player's fault, maybe this other guy could have done this or that doesn't matter without that error. Stutzle's biggest weakness seems to be hanging on to the puck too long & losing possession. Gustavsson had a good game after that 1st period & gave them a chance to win.

Sokolov. Is. Not. Ready.

You may get a pants tent cuz hes a large man, but he isnt ready yet. You can say it over and over and over and over liek you do, but it doesnt make him ready faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad