Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
so many beautiful plays

team much faster without MM and Greening:laugh:

I feel like that is probably one of the biggest factors in tonight's win. Especially without Michalek, who usually gets wayyy too much ice-time for what he brings. His absence allowed better players to play more and it showed, big time.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I really liked how EK responded when McLean called him out for his crap play in the first, and he was struggling in the first. He really settled down and then elevated his game to star level.

Great to see.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Although he had a poor start to the game with a crappy penalty, I thought Chiasson was looking a lot better, like the Chiasson in the early part of the season. He was very strong behind the net and on the boards tonight.

Gryba, Phillips and Neil (in the later part of the game) didn't have quite the best time tonight. And lol @ The Ghost

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Bobby Ryan in a 1 on 1 conversation with Gord Wilson after yesterday's 3-2 loss to the Pens where he almost tied the game with 90 seconds to go. Asked about whether or not he's disappointed about not playing with Kyle Turris and Clarke MacArthur.

Ryan: ''Oh I think our line is going to be the best line on this team. Hoffman, Zibanejad and myself... Watch us go.''

Wait, did he really say that or are you making it up?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Although he had a poor start to the game with a crappy penalty, I thought Chiasson was looking a lot better, like the Chiasson in the early part of the season. He was very strong behind the net and on the boards tonight.

Gryba, Phillips and Neil (in the latter part of the game) didn't have quite the best time tonight. And lol @ The Ghost

Best "cycler" on the team when he's on, bar none.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Good lord, 8 ****ing shots for the captain.

His statline doesn't show it, but Karlsson also had a monster game. What a superstar.

Except his statline DOES show it. He set NHL record in shot attempts in one game (since 2007 when they started to count them) with 23 ;)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Untitled.JPG

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Wait, did he really say that or are you making it up?

Gord Wilson said on the Bell all access postgame show that Bobby said that word for word at the end of their conversation before he went to catch the players bus while he himself went to catch the reporters bus.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Gord Wilson said on the Bell all access postgame show that Bobby said that word for word at the end of their conversation before he went to catch the players bus while he himself went to catch the reporters bus.

That's awesome. I'm glad Bobby is enjoying himself on that line. Sure showed tonight. I'll be extremely pissed if MacLean doesn't keep those three together on a consistent basis. They were flying out there, and obviously having fun.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
OK guys, I don't know how I do it but sens are 5-0 with me in attendance this season. Anyone got spare tickets for Thursday? :laugh:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah. I assumed I would be able to watch almost every game living in Birmingham, AL. Apparently not... :(

Use a VPN... Not sure why the game was blacked out for you... I place myself in England all season, which is nice, not having to be there in the winter I mean.

There are no blackouts at all

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
That's awesome. I'm glad Bobby is enjoying himself on that line. Sure showed tonight. I'll be extremely pissed if MacLean doesn't keep those three together on a consistent basis. They were flying out there, and obviously having fun.

You Know Maclean better, don't you? I can guarantee you one or more of the following will happen within the next 5 games:

- That line will be broken up.
- Zack Smith/Chris Neil/David Legwand will play more minutes in one of those games than Hoffman, Zibanejad and/or Ryan
- Hoffman or Zibby will be scratched again before the end of the year.
- David Legwand will Continue to get the most pp minutes or near it over any foward on our team.
- Chris Neil will be on the ice in the last minute of games in which we'll be trailing by a goal while one of Ryan/Hoff/Zibby will be on the bench because of that one time...

Cheers! :laugh:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

McLean has had Ryan with Zib all this time through the whining and complaining. You think that his experiment finally bearing fruit is what will convince him to juggle?

What you need to do is congratulate the man for creating a better scoring line in the face of all of the whining and complaining about breaking up the Turris line.

Be gracious and award credit where it is due ;)

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
And did anyone see Lazar's dad?

Guy was killing it on the big screen doing the air guitar. Crowd gave him quite a cheer.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
McLean has had Ryan with Zib all this time through the whining and complaining. You think that his experiment finally bearing fruit is what will convince him to juggle?

What you need to do is congratulate the man for creating a better scoring line in the face of all of the whining and complaining about breaking up the Turris line.

Hoffman was a catalyst added to that line, putting him there instead of 9MM was a fantastic move. All three of them with great chemistry.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Use a VPN... Not sure why the game was blacked out for you... I place myself in England all season, which is nice, not having to be there in the winter I mean.

There are no blackouts at all

You shouldn't have any blackouts in Victoria as all the games you will see are Rogers' broadcasts. Same thing for me in Alberta

As for Alabama I am not sure, but I would guess the game was on TV somewhere

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Best game I've seen Ottawa play in a looooong time. WHY CAN'T WE PLAY LIKE THAT ALWAYS?

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Except his statline DOES show it. He set NHL record in shot attempts in one game (since 2007 when they started to count them) with 23 ;)

I mean I think if I didn't watch the game, I would see 1g, -1 and think it was a pretty average to below average game for our captain, considering the circumstances being a "must win game" (albeit that term is overused).

Even when he plays just okay, he somehow finds his way to the scoresheet. But this game was a reminder to me that Karlsson entering his prime could be something great. I haven't seen a game quite like this since his pre-injury days, when he was doing stuff like this on a nightly basis:

He's just so exciting to watch.

/homerism

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Wasn't this line constructed due to the scratching of Michalek?

He tried several other combinations that did not work out despite this combination being the most offensively gifted

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You Know Maclean better, don't you? I can guarantee you one or more of the following will happen within the next 5 games:

- That line will be broken up.
- Zack Smith/Chris Neil/David Legwand will play more minutes in one of those games than Hoffman, Zibanejad and/or Ryan
- Hoffman or Zibby will be scratched again before the end of the year.
- David Legwand will Continue to get the most pp minutes or near it over any foward on our team.
- Chris Neil will be on the ice in the last minute of games in which we'll be trailing by a goal while one of Ryan/Hoff/Zibby will be on the bench because of that one time...

Cheers! :laugh:

Hockey is confusing for you isn't it.

Did it ever occur to you that the success that Hoffman and Zib are enjoying right now is BECAUSE hoffman was protected while he got used to the NHL game, and Zib was benched and educated for a few games? Do you really think that they are seeing success in spite of what is so clearly young player development?

Pretty sure Legwand scored on the PP again today, pretty sure our PP is doing pretty well this year

Pretty sure that Neil never plays more than Zib or Hoffman, pretty sure they're have slowly earned more ice time as well. Pretty sure Neil has been great this season, and a stand out in several games.

Pretty sure that every time McLean has broken up a line in favour for something else it has worked out. The kid line, was his first, and then when they gained confidence and started to perform well the Zib Ryan Hoff line. Pretty sure if he had listened to the whiners about the Turris line, we wouldn't be watching our best line evolve, a line that could help Turris get going as well.

What I hate is when the kids can't give credit where it's due. McLean put the Ryan line together, and added Hoff when he had earned it. Low and behold they're playing great, earned top minutes, and dominated the game.

So many snide comments by lame fans, even after a win.... Go figure

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You shouldn't have any blackouts in Victoria as all the games you will see are Rogers' broadcasts. Same thing for me in Alberta

As for Alabama I am not sure, but I would guess the game was on TV somewhere

This is true from what I here, the service is just always running for me. Rogers promises no blackouts I think.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
It's really quite astounding. I missed this entire game and just recently saw that not only did the snesators win 4-3, but that they also came back from down 3-0. Who was roasting Zibanejad over the fire to a fine crispy perfection before the game, because going off the highlights something had him fired up. The man was possessed out there. Good for him.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wasn't this line constructed due to the scratching of Michalek?

He tried several other combinations that did not work out despite this combination being the most offensively gifted

Ryan has always been the catalyst for a second line, Zib was benched to reboot, Hoff needed sheltered experience and confidence before being given 2nd line duties.

Nothing to do with Milan, he has played on every line on the team, likely in a move to try and get him going as well.

McLean allowed Ryan and Zib to grow chemistry, allowed Ryan and Hoff to grow chemistry.

Maybe it was all Cameron, who knows, but the coaching staff appears to have tried several combinations to get various players going, and have put together what looks to be an awesome line. Work is not done though since we need the Turris line going. To that end, expect other players to bounce around as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad