Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I had no idea who Mika Zibanejad was when your guys drafted him, but wow. Impressed the hell out of me tonight. The guy has x-factor. Simply amazing tonight...his ability to read a play is incredible. He reminded me stylistically like Bergeron. Guy's gonna be good.

Also really don't get why Karlsson gets so much crap for being bad defensively. I don't see it. He doesn't look like a shutdown guy at all, but he's not a liability by any means. Anyways, good game and good luck the rest of the way.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
That game was friggin amazing.

I felt that although we were down 3-0, we still play fairly good in the first part, just some bad mistakes at the wrong time that were capitalized.

The crowd was amazing after that 1st and 2nd goal. Amazing ending too. Screamed as hard as I could.

Hoff-Zib-Ryan and Karlsson stepping up. Legwand had a pretty decent game too.

Great game for my first Sens game! Maybe I'm the good luck charm this team needed?

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Mika is a beast. I was predicting that he was going to have a great season this year and breakout as a true top 6 offensive threat and although he has been having ups and downs, looks like being a healthy scratch has worked. He has been awesome as of late.

Also, shout out to an unsung hero from tonight: Chris Neil. Doing what he does best, ie, stirring things up and getting into a well timed fight to get some momentum going for his team. Although Vancouver scored not too long after, that scrap and the shenanigans got the Sens fired up and they mounted a full come back from a 3-0 deficit a few minutes after.

We scored like six minutes after he fought and there was a Vancouver goal between his fight and the goal.

The only good thing he did was get himself kicked out of the game for 15 minutes, his line was terrible today.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Honestly I'm not sure Zib has to become an 80 point player to be a top line center

He just needs to play big and drive the net, he needs to be our most scary centreman and that will open up things up for Turris

Can count the number of 80 point centers on one hand, with several fingers left over in any given season.

With his size and speed, and the way he can impact the game on both sides of the puck when he's moving his feet, using his reach and playing physical; if he's putting up 50-60 points a season, then he's a tremendous asset to the team. Wouldn't make him a #1 center in the Spezza mold, more like a Ryan Kesler-type.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I had no idea who Mika Zibanejad was when your guys drafted him, but wow. Impressed the hell out of me tonight. The guy has x-factor. Simply amazing tonight...his ability to read a play is incredible. He reminded me stylistically like Bergeron. Guy's gonna be good.

Also really don't get why Karlsson gets so much crap for being bad defensively. I don't see it. He doesn't look like a shutdown guy at all, but he's not a liability by any means. Anyways, good game and good luck the rest of the way.

When Sens fans choose a person to trash on, nothing can stop it from happening and it only gets worse. Fair or unfair trashing.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Guys Turris' got KO'd yesterday take it easy on the kid ffs. It was evident he was still feeling the effects, that play at the blueline on the powerplay was too bonehead for even him to pull off. When I saw it was #7 I was shocked. He'll turn it around. Probably dealing with linger symptoms from the lights getting knocked out.

if there was even the slightest chance that Turris had some lingering effects from that hit, he should not have dressed.

Can you imagine what could've happened to his career if he was hit in the head again today? Stupid, stupid risk.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We scored like six minutes after he fought and there was a Vancouver goal between his fight and the goal.

The only good thing he did was get himself kicked out of the game for 15 minutes, his line was terrible today.

should ALWAYS be like that

hes a great asset to this team when he's away from it ... like not even on the bench :naughty:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We out-shot them 45 to 33.

That's nuts given what we've come to expect.

We got a lot of help in the shot dept. from having two long 5 on 3s I think, but we really did pour on the offense tonight. I don't understand how they can't do this every game. I mean this was a back-to-back, there's no reason it can't be done more often.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
if there was even the slightest chance that Turris had some lingering effects from that hit, he should not have dressed.

Can you imagine what could've happened to his career if he was hit in the head again today? Stupid, stupid risk.

He didn't get hit in the head against Pittsburgh

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
guess what?

should ALWAYS be like that

now go tell maccluless

It was like that because they were playing great. If they continue to play, their ice time will reflect that.

Ryan's been getting the shaft for the better part of the year when he's not on the top line, and he hasn't been clicking with any other line. As such, his TOI went way down.

It might be unfair, but it's understandable. Either way, it's great to see him get over 20 minutes.

He's really developing into a great 2 way player. Screw the pundits.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sooooo, I put my money where my mouth is and dropped Turris from my fantasy squad for Zibanejad.

In hindsight that would have been hella helpful to have done it this morning.

I thought this would become our top, and it looks like they may be on their way.

Heck of a game, and the nest I've seen a line play together since, well, don't want to get too crazy...

Dominant presence on the ice Ryan is sooooo good. Mika is coming on strong, like it 'clicked', and Hoffman is fast with good hands, and a wicked shot...

Oh baby... Time for another scotch...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We got a lot of help in the shot dept. from having two long 5 on 3s I think, but we really did pour on the offense tonight. I don't understand how they can't do this every game. I mean this was a back-to-back, there's no reason it can't be done more often.

The team does need to build on this win. They cannot just go back to playing like crap the very next game.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK

See, thats why hes so good at what he does! He knows when we are losing and there is a good chance it is because his line is playing too much, so he fights in a fight to stop P-Mac from playing him. :sarcasm:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Could simply be paranoia, he really needs something to get going. Easiest thing would be an empty netter kind of like MacArthur from last season

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Bobby Ryan in a 1 on 1 conversation with Gord Wilson after yesterday's 3-2 loss to the Pens where he almost tied the game with 90 seconds to go. Asked about whether or not he's disappointed about not playing with Kyle Turris and Clarke MacArthur.

Ryan: ''Oh I think our line is going to be the best line on this team. Hoffman, Zibanejad and myself... Watch us go.''

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
OT
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank SportsNet for frequently playing their favorite sports show "Blackout in Effect". I'm sure many fans outside the Sens broadcast area get that show a lot. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad