Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I feel like Hoffman isn't getting the love he also deserved. He was just as good on that line with Z and Bobby, he just didn't get the points.

So what are we naming that trio?

Othello*

No tanking for us

fcePZU3.jpg

Looooool post of the year, tied with Benny's

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Good to see the Zibanejad line contributing, now if only the Turris line would kick it back into gear. Loved the output tonight, need to keep it up in subsequent games.

Really good night for Ryan specifically, I don't want fans to turn on him, so its awesome when he gets three points. While we could use some goals from him, his point totals have been relatively high. Hope he inches closer to the PPG total, and having 3 points really helps that cause out

Karlsson2Turris*

As great as Zibby, Ryan, and Hoff were, our real #1 line was nowhere to be found yet again. Probably Turris' worst game of the year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Some people may give some blame to Anderson on those goals, but i beg to differ. He is NOT to be blamed on any of those goals.

1st goal: Vrbata is a good player and he was pretty much given all the time in the world to do anything. He pulled off a nice move and Anderson just bought it. It is not his fault. Its phillips fault. Vrbata shoudn't have been given that much time to pull off a move like that.

2nd goal: Was screened by his own player.

3rd goal: Wouldn't have happened if Phillips did not make a god awful turnover. It was also a nice shot imo.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
- Very good positives from the Zibanejad line today.
- Chris Phillips needs to be a healthy scratch. Any other defensemen would be benched if committing the same errors.

I think we got a lot of lucky breaks from the refs today but I'll take the win anyway. Was Methot scratched as a precaution to ease him back in the lineup? Never heard about that.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Zibanejad led all forwards in TOI followed by Ryan

Ryan was impressive tonight. He is the catalyst who makes Ziban work. Also as a noted sniper and goal scorer he is one tough cookie in the body checking department, even with a broken finger.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
- Very good positives from the Zibanejad line today.
- Chris Phillips needs to be a healthy scratch. Any other defensemen would be benched if committing the same errors.

I think we got a lot of lucky breaks from the refs today but I'll take the win anyway. Was Methot scratched as a precaution to ease him back in the lineup? Never heard about that.

We did get the ref's favor for the first half of the game up to the 1st goal on the 5 on 3, but after that it was pure effort that got us the comeback and the win in OT.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The first time in a long time that a line showed some pizza line level of skill

Hoff-Zibby-Ryan was golden

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Scary for the first 50 seconds of overtime putting CHiasson and Lazar with Phillips- coverage was real bad, lots of pointing going on.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
We did get the ref's favor for the first half of the game up to the 1st goal on the 5 on 3, but after that it was pure effort that got us the comeback and the win in OT.

Agree, the only other thing I would mention was the Vrbata no goal late in the 3rd. We benefitted from an early whistle there.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Its pretty incredible how dangerous Hoffman is on the majority of his shifts regardless who he is playing with. The guy creates so much space for himself in addition to his sniper of a shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad