Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Dorsetts comments on Neil per twitter

"I've talked to many guys around the league and they say he's stupid and he just proves it tonight. Guy has been playing in the league over 10 years, has over 1000 PIMs, you think he'd have a bit of class. First period he asks me fight, I tell him no, I have a bad hand. He keeps coming after me and coming after me and finally I fight him. Pretty even fight and I fall down and he gets two punches in. The refs in there and it's just uncalled for. Then he gives it the junior move and starts waving on their fans, it's just Chris Neil in a nutshell."

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

"I've talked to many guys around the league and they say he's stupid and he just proves it tonight. Guy has been playing in the league over 10 years, has over 1000 PIMs, you think he'd have a bit of class. First period he asks me fight, I tell him no, I have a bad hand. He keeps coming after me and coming after me and finally I fight him. Pretty even fight and I fall down and he gets two punches in. The refs in there and it's just uncalled for. Then he gives it the junior move and starts waving on their fans, it's just Chris Neil in a nutshell."

Sounds like Dorsett is a *****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

If he had a bad hand, why did he go after Neil to try to fight again after the first fight was finished?

I call bs here.

The guy is a whiny ***** and everyone knows it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hockey is confusing for you isn't it.

Did it ever occur to you that the success that Hoffman and Zib are enjoying right now is BECAUSE hoffman was protected while he got used to the NHL game, and Zib was benched and educated for a few games? Do you really think that they are seeing success in spite of what is so clearly young player development?

Pretty sure Legwand scored on the PP again today, pretty sure our PP is doing pretty well this year

Pretty sure that Neil never plays more than Zib or Hoffman, pretty sure they're have slowly earned more ice time as well. Pretty sure Neil has been great this season, and a stand out in several games.

Pretty sure that every time McLean has broken up a line in favour for something else it has worked out. The kid line, was his first, and then when they gained confidence and started to perform well the Zib Ryan Hoff line. Pretty sure if he had listened to the whiners about the Turris line, we wouldn't be watching our best line evolve, a line that could help Turris get going as well.

What I hate is when the kids can't give credit where it's due. McLean put the Ryan line together, and added Hoff when he had earned it. Low and behold they're playing great, earned top minutes, and dominated the game.

So many snide comments by lame fans, even after a win.... Go figure

Jesus Christ are you ever the biggest MacLean apologist. Pretty easy to say all these things after a big win, while ignoring the previous 7-8 games where they looked awful outside of the St-Louis home game.

I'll give MacLean his due when the team manages to look good while playing a consistent system. Tonight worked out, but it doesn;t excuse all the weird decisions he's made all season long.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

Gee whiz, that's a shame.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
beyond ecstatic with the outcome of this game. making a come back against one of the better teams in the league, does it get any better? hopefully we keep rolling. So much potential with this squad and its future. lets gooo

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If he had a bad hand, why did he go after Neil to try to fight again after the first fight was finished?

I call bs here.

Well, to be fair he was going after Neil because of the sucker punches Neil gave him while he was down and held by the refs.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

Well, it worked lol. Got the crowd pumping.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well, to be fair he was going after Neil because of the sucker punches Neil gave him while he was down and held by the refs.

Still makes him look like like a crybaby for trying to push the refs over to go after Neil.

And Neil was just trying to put some energy into the crowd. I don't really see the problem with Neil waving to the fans.

Dorsett calling that a junior moves makes him more of a crybaby than before.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I just had a discussion re: Turris with a buddy of mine. He is just too darn slight to be a true #1. We should target an elite centre in the draft (ya, easier said than done I know) but it is crucial to the team's long term success going forward.

And if that means trading Turris, so be it. I'm not expecting Zib to explode like that every game but if he can get some consistency in the next few years he'll be a good #2 behind a stronger #1C.

thats what I've been saying for so long.. but it seems that everyone was ready to crown Turris a #1C just because he had 1 strong season. He's a great #2 guy though. He just doesn't have the physical ability to be a #1guy and I don't even know why we thought he would be. Everyone **** on Spezza last season but it was still Spezza a point per game guy who has been a #1C for literally his entire career. His name and presence alone was still getting other team's attention which is why Turris and co were able to thrive.However, I don't think trading Turris is an ideal thing to do even though he can get us a decent return.He's still a talented player, but not a #1 player, no

Either way, great game by Zibanejad Ryan Hoffman. The sky is the limit forZibanejad and Maclean would be a damn fool to break this line up at the moment.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I call bs here.

Yeah, doesn't sound right. Why is the no-talent plug playing with a bad hand?

He's just embarrassed he lost the fight to an old geezer.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Jesus Christ are you ever the biggest MacLean apologist. Pretty easy to say all these things after a big win, while ignoring the previous 7-8 games where they looked awful outside of the St-Louis home game.

I'll give MacLean his due when the team manages to look good while playing a consistent system. Tonight worked out, but it doesn;t excuse all the weird decisions he's made all season long.

Hahaha, no, you won't.

The fact that you can't see how many of those 'weird' decisions have led us to this moment with the beginnings of a great line emerging is why you'll always be a step behind scratching you head saying WTF?!?

Common sense ain't common.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
thats what I've been saying for so long.. but it seems that everyone was ready to crown Turris a #1C just because he had 1 strong season. He's a great #2 guy though. He just doesn't have the physical ability to be a #1guy and I don't even know why we thought he would be. Everyone **** on Spezza last season but it was still Spezza a point per game guy who has been a #1C for literally his entire career. His name and presence alone was still getting other team's attention which is why Turris and co were able to thrive.However, I don't think trading Turris is an ideal thing to do even though he can get us a decent return.He's still a talented player, but not a #1 player, no

Either way, great game by Zibanejad Ryan Hoffman. The sky is the limit forZibanejad and Maclean would be a damn fool to break this line up at the moment.

I don't know, I'm kind of torn on this.

Future wise, having a center core of Zibby, Turris and Lazar (in no particular order) is pretty darn good provided they are surrounded with good wingers (which we do have in Hoffman, Stone and Ryan, two of which are still developing too. And MacArthur as a decent top 6 TWF). I think we have all the right personal, it's just a matter of them developing as they get their first couple of NHL seasons under their belt

At least, that is my opinion.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I think many of us saw this coming, some not so much. I agree, we need to keep him as our #2, because he is very good in that role.

Mika has the frame and the aggressiveness to be the centre of our top line, and we have seen a snipet of what he's capable of. If he can be +/- that guy every night (production fluctuating of course) other teams will have to change their game plans to focus on that line first and foremost. This will lessen the pressure and skill level that Turris faces and he should be able to fire up as well. That's the hope anyways.

I think this has been the plan all along, as Murray and co. have mentioned before that they see Zib as a #1

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't know, I'm kind of torn on this.

Future wise, having a center core of Zibby, Turris and Lazar (in no particular order) is pretty darn good provided they are surrounded with good wingers (which we do have in Hoffman, Stone and Ryan, two of which are still developing too. And MacArthur as a decent top 6 TWF). I think we have all the right personal, it's just a matter of them developing as they get their first couple of NHL seasons under their belt

At least, that is my opinion.

Yep. All about patience.

But damn, is it ever hard to be patient and let them develop....especially after a night like tonight when you see a nice glimpse of what a couple of the kids are capable of.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Aside from the superstar line, Karlsson and Ceci pairing, how good was Lazar, Condra and Chiasson?

FINALLY it looked like we had a bottom 6 line that was firing support even after we had a top line that was already on a roll.

Can you imagine if we had Methot instead of Phillips with King K!??! CANT WAITT!!!

Loved Andy's game too.

Honestly, i don't think we were playing that bad despite the 3-0 and all the breakaways and stuff.

Phillips however was bad imo. He was direct cause of 2 goals. 1st one he made a stupid decision and the 2nd one he made a stupid turnover. Should not be on the 1st pairing at all. Phillips should go apologize to Anderson for screwing up his stats.

Yup, I thought this was Sens best game of the season. They were relentless even after they were down 3-0. Their first was not bad but next two were spectacular.

I give full credit to the lines:

Superstar line
Mac-Turris-Stone
Chiasson-Lazar-Condra

Just beautiful. DONT CHANGE EVER.

Ryan, Zbad and Karlsson were on a different level tonight. Like, if they can keep playing this, the cornerstone of a championship team-calibre.

They were unreal tonight. Unreal.

Exactly. Perfectly said. That line looks like a line that could lead this team deep into the playoffs if they continue to improve and click. It just looks like a top line when it's on and man is it LETHAL.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Aside from the superstar line, Karlsson and Ceci pairing, how good was Lazar, Condra and Chiasson?

FINALLY it looked like we had a bottom 6 line that was firing support even after we had a top line that was already on a roll.

Can you imagine if we had Methot instead of Phillips with King K!??! CANT WAITT!!!

Loved Andy's game too.

Yup, I thought this was Sens best game of the season. They were relentless even after they were down 3-0. Their first was not bad but next two were spectacular.

Superstar line
Mac-Turris-Stone
Chiasson-Lazar-Condra

Exactly. Perfectly said. That line looks like a line that could lead this team deep into the playoffs if they continue to improve and click. It just looks like a top line when it's on and man is it LETHAL.

The Lazar line didn't have the best start, but afterwards provided well needed depth and cycle pressure. Pretty good game from them.

And Smith-Condra on the PK is godly. Got the puck out all the time and even created multiple opportunities and cycle pressure

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yip, Condra and Smith were great on the PK. I'd play Condra over Michalek from now on. At least Condra contributes somewhere.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sens in the 1st period:
o0R44.gif

Coach during 1st period intermission:
tumblr_mxqce0aZzg1s850p5o1_500.gif

Sens in the 2nd period:
ndy4B19.gif

Zibanejad's effort level tonight:
atvMK.gif

Karlsson in OT:
UmM0Ers.gif

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Was at the game, and am now a happy owner of a Chris Neil bobblehead doll! :)

What a fun game! I was seated next to a Canucks fan, but we both managed to keep our composure. :D

I couldn't believe we made it all the way back to win it. What a game by Ziba and Ryan. The PP was frustrating at times but eventually paid off. It's too predictable. The only unpredictable moment was when Legwand finally decided to shoot instead of pass to Karlsson, and guess what? He scored.

IMO one key element to the win was our face-off success. Both Ziba and Legwand were great at it. I should check the numbers to confirm though...

Boro had quietly a nice and solid game. Also punished Dorset late in the game, that felt good.

Hairy moment in the third when attempts to get the puck out of our zone were thwarted because 4 times Neil couldn't take a pass cleanly.

See, thats why hes so good at what he does! He knows when we are losing and there is a good chance it is because his line is playing too much, so he fights in a fight to stop P-Mac from playing him. :sarcasm:
:laugh: Neil for coach!

And did anyone see Lazar's dad?

Guy was killing it on the big screen doing the air guitar. Crowd gave him quite a cheer.
Totally saw that! That was Lazar's dad? :amazed:

Superstar line
Mac-Turris-Stone
Chiasson-Lazar-Condra

Not gonna happen (coach will sit Condra instead of Neil when Michalek is back), but our 4th line could be decent with:

Smith/Greening - Legwand - Michalek <- the get-us-to-the-cap line!

(didn't Michalek prefer playing RW anyway?)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Got to give it to Maclean for sticking with zibby and Ryan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad