Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Just a comment on canucks fans... Was at the Heritage Classic and there tonight... Both similar..... Sens down... Come back win.

Both played out exactly the same. Every single canucks fan talking massive amounts of ****, hurling insults, talking loudly about how pathetic the Sens are compared to the mighty nucks.... Both ending with totally silent fans.

I've been to hundreds of games.... Nucks fans seriously are terrible. They rank right up there with the redneck-special leaf fans we get that come in from all over the valley.... Except they all seem to think they are extraordinarily intelligent and dignified while pulling their shirts off and squeezing their nipple in a drunken fit.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sens in the 1st period:
o0R44.gif

Coach during 1st period intermission:
tumblr_mxqce0aZzg1s850p5o1_500.gif

Sens in the 2nd period:
ndy4B19.gif

Zibanejad's effort level tonight:
atvMK.gif

Karlsson in OT:
UmM0Ers.gif

You win the internet tonight!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Just a comment on canucks fans... Was at the Heritage Classic and there tonight... Both similar..... Sens down... Come back win.

Both played out exactly the same. Every single canucks fan talking massive amounts of ****, hurling insults, talking loudly about how pathetic the Sens are compared to the mighty nucks.... Both ending with totally silent fans.

I've been to hundreds of games.... Nucks fans seriously are terrible. They rank right up there with the redneck-special leaf fans we get that come in from all over the valley.... Except they all seem to think they are extraordinarily intelligent and dignified while pulling their shirts off and squeezing their nipple in a drunken fit.

Well..... they did burn down their city because they lost a hockey game. :P I dont mind them tbh some good ones some bad ones. Lots of opposing fans crap on the sens

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Hahaha, no, you won't.

The fact that you can't see how many of those 'weird' decisions have led us to this moment with the beginnings of a great line emerging is why you'll always be a step behind scratching you head saying WTF?!?

Common sense ain't common.

Okay so Maclean is a genius, he had tonight planned all along. From last year's mediocrity to this year rince and repeat ******** defensive play/system (because, yes, despite the glorious 40 minutes we played tonight, we're still having a crappy season).

I'll give you that he's greatly improved from last season though. Remember when Grenning-Smith-Neil would play more ev strenght minutes than Mac-Turris-Ryan REGULARLY. Or Lehner being sat for several games after winning 3 games in a row for the first time of the season and being named the nhl's 1st star on a team starving for W's while Anderson was kept between the pipes despite playing like poop because he was: ''the #1 goalie''? Wiercioch confidence being destroyed a la Lehner for being scratched whenever he'd get into his groove in favor of Joe Corvo, Joe frigging Corvo, where is that guy now anyway?

Those abberations aren't happening this year, but Maclean still make some very weird coaching decisions.

Greening basically had to play himself out of the lineup to force him into play Hoffman. Just a few weeks ago, he was scratching the Hoff despite the fact that at the time he was already clearly better than half of our fowards.

Look no futher than his last shootout selection from a few weeks ago (yes I know Cameron has the call, but he's the head coach, isn't he? He must have a word on something or express what he doesn't agree with, no?)
Zibanejad-Karlsson-Turris-Michalek-Legwand-Greening
Ceci, Stone, Hoffman, MacArthur all dressed that night.

Or better yet his post game comments tonight:
"It was a big night obviously for Mika, Neiler and Anderson"...
... Huh?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Vancouver is legit my least favorite city in the country.

Vancouverites are... weird. None of my friends when I lived there were from Vancouver proper, they were all from other parts of the country who moved there for work. It's a beautiful city, but the people are very self-isolating & kind of standoff-ish.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
What's wrong with that quote? Sounds fine to me. All those guys had good games tonight.

Except Neil didn't play when it mattered, and thankfully so because that left ice time to you know? Guys that can contribute in another way than a hit or ''leadership''.

And Andy... well I guess it's just me finding it funny that out of all of the guys that played tonight, he's one of those he considers had a ''big night''.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
After 27 games

2013: 10-13-4 (78GF-87GA) 6th in Division, 6th in Wild Card
2014: 11-11-5 (70GF-74GA) 7th in Division, 4th in Wild Card

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Except Neil didn't play when it mattered, and thankfully so because that left ice time to you know? Guys that can contribute in another way than a hit or ''leadership''.

And Andy... well I guess it's just me finding it funny that out of all of the guys that played tonight, he's one of those he considers had a ''big night''.

Well Andy did shut the door after giving up 3 goals, which were not his fault by the way.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Nice comeback win for the Sens!! I know we had our own ***** handed to us a lot lately but this one showed some grit I tell ya. I was really impressed with our work ethic tonight and it showed. Anyone else think Ceci was one of the best players on the ice tonight??? Holy **** I mean the kid was everywhere!!... Any else think the Vancouver Canucks are hugely overrated?? I mean aside from Edmonton they are by far the weakest opponent we had to play against this year by far. The Sens a far cry from world beaters themselves but absolutely OWNED the Canucks tonight! **** Vancouver sucks ass! :laugh:

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Vancouver is legit my least favorite city in the country.

Vancouverites are... weird. None of my friends when I lived there were from Vancouver proper, they were all from other parts of the country who moved there for work. It's a beautiful city, but the people are very self-isolating & kind of standoff-ish.

That is why I currently reside in Victoria. =) ... I can golf all year round!.... It is too small a city to be anonymous. = and a as a result, it is a great place to sink roots in a community! =)

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Why. Why we dont see that effort in all games? Or at list any second game?
What a show. We dont have tallent in a lineup? Sens can play like globetrotters if they want to.
1. Neil, do it every game. Thats why you on this team. After game start, wash someones face, please.
2. Karlsson, dont listen all talk about poor defence etc. Just play like you did, and hockey world would be happy.
3. Ryan, finish you job. You pumped life in Zibby. Now we want you to create a monster out of him ;)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can someone tell me why Rihanna was wearing a Sens jersey. does anyone actually know? and don't say "Cuz Sens rule"

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
You win the internet tonight!
Seriously. That's Game. Set. Match.

Awesome.

As for the game - what a great win - and we do show some really positive signs as a team - a second line that looks like it could work. A deeper group of D and still solid goaltending. I think we're trending up even after a dreadful losing streak. Gotta get Turris rolling though.

Finally, I really hate to complain after wins - but can ANYONE explain what the hell Phillips was doing on the first goal? Get him the **** off the ice and in the press box (and that's not even counting the b/s turnover for the third goal).

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Okay so Maclean is a genius, he had tonight planned all along. From last year's mediocrity to this year rince and repeat ******** defensive play/system (because, yes, despite the glorious 40 minutes we played tonight, we're still having a crappy season).

I'll give you that he's greatly improved from last season though. Remember when Grenning-Smith-Neil would play more ev strenght minutes than Mac-Turris-Ryan REGULARLY. Or Lehner being sat for several games after winning 3 games in a row for the first time of the season and being named the nhl's 1st star on a team starving for W's while Anderson was kept between the pipes despite playing like poop because he was: ''the #1 goalie''? Wiercioch confidence being destroyed a la Lehner for being scratched whenever he'd get into his groove in favor of Joe Corvo, Joe frigging Corvo, where is that guy now anyway?

Those abberations aren't happening this year, but Maclean still make some very weird coaching decisions.

Greening basically had to play himself out of the lineup to force him into play Hoffman. Just a few weeks ago, he was scratching the Hoff despite the fact that at the time he was already clearly better than half of our fowards.

Look no futher than his last shootout selection from a few weeks ago (yes I know Cameron has the call, but he's the head coach, isn't he? He must have a word on something or express what he doesn't agree with, no?)
Zibanejad-Karlsson-Turris-Michalek-Legwand-Greening
Ceci, Stone, Hoffman, MacArthur all dressed that night.

Or better yet his post game comments tonight:
"It was a big night obviously for Mika, Neiler and Anderson"...
... Huh?
haha he sucked for a year and a half just to lead up to one win. What a payoff.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Lol at Legwand directing the powerplay like a true QB, literally pointing where guys should be/should pass, don't know whether to laugh or cry at that!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Can someone tell me why Rihanna was wearing a Sens jersey. does anyone actually know? and don't say "Cuz Sens rule"

A lot of people like the colour combo's and the general jersey design even outside hockey and sports, that would be my guess, probably got one when/if she performed in Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad