Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
As great as Zibby, Ryan, and Hoff were, our real #1 line was nowhere to be found yet again. Probably Turris' worst game of the year.

Turris is too small and skinny to be a #1 centre. He is trying his best to fill the role of #! centre but really doesn't have the tools to succeed. He is at best a #2 centre, but probably would be better as a #3 centre where he would probably excel.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The reason Mac-Turris is mia is because we don't have a true #1 center. Spezza line last season went against the hardest lines while the Turris line went against the weaker lines.

Now that Spezza is gone, Turris line is going against the hardest lines. This plus the pressure to play like a #1 is most likely causing him and Mac to be mia.

We really need the Zibby line to get going. If they do, then the Turris line will benefit imo.

BigBush*

Turris is too small and skinny to be a #1 centre. He is trying his best to fill the role of #! centre but really doesn't have the tools to succeed. He is at best a #2 centre, but probably would be better as a #3 centre where he would probably excel.

lol #3 center?

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Guys Turris' got KO'd yesterday take it easy on the kid ffs. It was evident he was still feeling the effects, that play at the blueline on the powerplay was too bonehead for even him to pull off. When I saw it was #7 I was shocked. He'll turn it around. Probably dealing with linger symptoms from the lights getting knocked out.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

I just had a discussion re: Turris with a buddy of mine. He is just too darn slight to be a true #1. We should target an elite centre in the draft (ya, easier said than done I know) but it is crucial to the team's long term success going forward.

And if that means trading Turris, so be it. I'm not expecting Zib to explode like that every game but if he can get some consistency in the next few years he'll be a good #2 behind a stronger #1C.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Guys Turris' got KO'd yesterday take it easy on the kid ffs. It was evident he was still feeling the effects, that play at the blueline on the powerplay was too bonehead for even him to pull off. When I saw it was #7 I was shocked. He'll turn it around. Probably dealing with linger symptoms from the lights getting knocked out.

Sure, free pass for tonight no problem, but it's not like he's been lighting it up as a #1 this year.

He's a great #2. He's not being put in a role to succeed IMO. We don't really have a true top line, that much is evident.

sensfan14

Oct 24, 2014
Fantastic comeback, Zibby was on fire. He has to always stay like this. Karlsson's skating - absolutely fantastic. Ryan was excellent too. That final goal - just what a play - what a play!

Next games will say a lot about us - this isn't the turning point of the season if we're crap like the Blues game hangover.

Bring on the Kings!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If Zib becomes the number 1 then all will be fine

Let's see how things play out

True enough. But I don't want to put that much pressure on him to succeed. But hey if that's how it pans out in a few years and he becomes an 80 point beast, fantastic.

That's what I expect from a true #1 centre not named Burgeron.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The Swedish connection was in top form today Zibby and EK were tremendous, maybe Alfie coming back has something to do with it, they seem re-energize I sure Alfie will have a positive influence on them both.

We might not have the biggest payroll but this team has heart they never quit, they compete against chicago, pittsburgh, st-louis and vancouver and they held their own!

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I read in the GDT, awful, useless, bad and I could go on and on about Karlsson. Uselss was the sickest one, I wonder how that poster felt when he gave us the win, did he cheer you think?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I read in the GDT, awful, useless, bad and I could go on and on about Karlsson. Uselss was the sickest one, I wonder how that poster felt when he gave us the win, did he cheer you think?

Why are people even blaming Karlsson?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Honestly I'm not sure Zib has to become an 80 point player to be a top line center

He just needs to play big and drive the net, he needs to be our most scary centreman and that will open up things up for Turris

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

I agree that hit might have something to do with his play today.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
I was listening to the game on the radio....and actually tuned out when they Sens were down 3-0. Radio was playing in the background when the Sens scored 3 to tie it up. I actually thought that they were 'replays', and didn't realize that they'd scored 3.

Got home in time to watch the last 12 minutes of the third period...which was awesome.

The OT winner was a thing of beauty.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Mika is a beast. I was predicting that he was going to have a great season this year and breakout as a true top 6 offensive threat and although he has been having ups and downs, looks like being a healthy scratch has worked. He has been awesome as of late.

Also, shout out to an unsung hero from tonight: Chris Neil. Doing what he does best, ie, stirring things up and getting into a well timed fight to get some momentum going for his team. Although Vancouver scored not too long after, that scrap and the shenanigans got the Sens fired up and they mounted a full come back from a 3-0 deficit a few minutes after.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Mika Zibanejad
G: 2 Shots: 5
A: 2 Hits: 0
PTS: 4 PIM: 0
+/-: 3 TOI: 21:14

Erik Karlsson
G: 1 Shots: 8
A: 0 Hits: 1
PTS: 1 PIM: 0
+/-: -1 TOI: 28:01

Bobby Ryan
G: 0 Shots: 5
A: 3 Hits: 3
PTS: 3 PIM: 0
+/-: 3 TOI: 20:51

Solid.

Poor EK with the -1. Phillips should take that -1 and tack it onto his own stat line.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Sports is entertainment that you invest a lot of emotions into. Sometime's it gets the better of you that can lead you to say things you don't really mean in the heat of the moment

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Mika is a beast. I was predicting that he was going to have a great season this year and breakout as a true top 6 offensive threat and although he has been having ups and downs, looks like being a healthy scratch has worked. He has been awesome as of late.

Also, shout out to an unsung hero from tonight: Chris Neil. Doing what he does best, ie, stirring things up and getting into a well timed fight to get some momentum going for his team. Although Vancouver scored not too long after, that scrap and the shenanigans got the Sens fired up and they mounted a full come back from a 3-0 deficit a few minutes after.

Is that you Aragon?

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
What a great 2nd and 3rd period. I can't remember seeing them play with so much piss and vinegar.

Right now Zibby looks to be the deciding factor on how well this team will do.
If he plays to his potential, we'll have 4 great lines.

If not, it forces Turris and Mac to be on the 1st line. They are hard working, and great two way players, but having them on the 2nd line, with a true 1st line, makes the team so hard to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad