Seattle Center Arena construction status

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
It's great seeing all these pieces coming together and the start of Seattle Kraken coming closer and closer.

It's also good to have NHL back in action meanwhile and fun to follow it, but it has a Kraken size hole missing from it for now.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I like the photo of the "topping out" beam above.
I was present for the top out ceremony for the LeBron James building at Nike HQ-- although substantial completion was still quite a ways off.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
My knees that suffered through some seats in the Key era vice the SCC era want to have a word with you.

Actually, that begs a question for the regulars. Will there be standing areas, hopefully with beer rails?

I kinda doubt it.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Actually, that begs a question for the regulars. Will there be standing areas, hopefully with beer rails?
SRO seats seem unlikely. Much of the bowls are open but the last row was sold as "bar seats", basically a shelf with a barstool that is your seat/space.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Can't wait to see the final product! Difficult picturing things now but I have the inkling it's going to be pretty sharp. Is that giant window at one end of the rink going to remain? I love the idea of a more open concept like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad