Seattle Center Arena construction status

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Any rumblings out there regarding possible work restrictions on arena construction as it relates to the current health crisis and how they might affect construction timelines?

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
New Arena at Seattle Center Construction Update - New Arena at Seattle Center

04/24/2020 weekly update

Removal of the Temporary Roof Support surrounding reconnected footings has started. Steel erection is projected to start at the beginning of May.

And the fun part of arena construction begins next month aka building it back up.!

Other news restrictions on private construction is being lifted as long as it can be done safely so the practice facility construction should get going again.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainyCityHockey

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I haven’t been paying attention, are they still on time or on schedule?

Yep, they are on schedule. They actually gained a month and the virus mess didn't slow things down. It should get build up quickly once they finish pouring the new roof columns.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
New Arena at Seattle Center Construction Update - New Arena at Seattle Center

Todays update on the arena work.

Only one new addition Construction work to finish reattaching the roof to its foundation footings will be done next month then its full building back up mode. Once that happens we'll see the arena with out the temporary support beams after the all the new concrete is cured enough.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I cannot wait to see the finished arena. Would have preferred it in Sodo; but beggars can’t be choosers.

I hope light rail of some sort can get us there from the north. I used to go to T-birds games at both the coliseum and mercer arena 30 years ago and parking was a PITA back then and it’s worse now.

Taken the sounder to Seahawks games and that’s the only way to go IMHO.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I cannot wait to see the finished arena. Would have preferred it in Sodo; but beggars can’t be choosers.

I hope light rail of some sort can get us there from the north. I used to go to T-birds games at both the coliseum and mercer arena 30 years ago and parking was a PITA back then and it’s worse now.

Taken the sounder to Seahawks games and that’s the only way to go IMHO.

Nothing we can do about that when the group only insist on wanting the league that isn't willing to move mountains to get us our NBA team back while intentionally ignoring the other league that would actually willing to move mountains to get us a team.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Yep. Told my youngest brother an my nephew who are HUGE Sonics fans, for over 5 years that we will get the NHL first, and then the NBA will come back once the arena is built and they see how successful NHL hockey will be here in Seattle.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Yep. Told my youngest brother an my nephew who are HUGE Sonics fans, for over 5 years that we will get the NHL first, and then the NBA will come back once the arena is built and they see how successful NHL hockey will be here in Seattle.
Yea, I think Pelicans will move to Seattle, eventually.

Also, any updates on the practice facility? I know they paused because of Covid-19 outbreak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->