Seattle Center Arena construction status

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Thank you! Definitely interested to know how the arena was progressing! I suppose with 2021 entry date there really is no need to rush.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I went ahead and got this thread sticky'd so it'll be more easy accessible. Let's try to keep this specifically about the status of the arena as construction goes on.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Pictures taken of the work at Key arena. They are still putting up noise barriers and the demoing won't begin until after the 99 work is done and tunnel is open due to too much traffic due to the highway 99 closure for the next 3 weeks.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Jan 25th update via sites status page

Work continues on getting the sound barriers up should be completed by the 15th of feburary and internal deconstruction continues as its being prepared for the heavy demoing.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Oak View takes the NHL Seattle blog (John Barr, I believe, correct Tommy?) on a tour of the interior demolition currently ongoing.

I think NHL Seattle blog is separate from NHL to Seattle. Btw that video wasn't originally working but i sent a quick facebook message to OVGSeattle and they got it fixed quickly.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm really interested to see what they do with the place. Lots of old stuff to work around and the configuration just seems weird when it comes to elevation over the ice.

I still hate the idea of not having a center hung scoreboard/jumbotron. I'm one of those idiots that always tries to find the people on the jumbotron and not seeing whole parts of the arena obscured by the closer scoreboard isn't optimal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad