Seattle Center Arena construction status

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yea, I think Pelicans will move to Seattle, eventually.

Also, any updates on the practice facility? I know they paused because of Covid-19 outbreak.

Construction should have resumed when private construction was allowed again. We are only going to have to wait until construction updates are provided.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
That would be the most likely decision, given that Montreal was supposed to host this years draft, but I'd still hope for a venue in Seattle to hold the expansion draft.

The issue is does the league want to hold the drafts at Seattle's convention center just to host it here and my answer is no.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The issue is does the league want to hold the drafts at Seattle's convention center just to host it here and my answer is no.

Why wouldn't they want that?
It's about creating as much excitement as possible and holding the expansion draft in the teams own city would help with that.

It's also just a draft which requires nothing but a building to sit in and host some fans, if that is possible by then.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Why wouldn't they want that?
It's about creating as much excitement as possible and holding the expansion draft in the teams own city would help with that.

It's also just a draft which requires nothing but a building to sit in and host some fans, if that is possible by then.

I was talking about the Entry level draft.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Just a FYI given i am not happy with the choice of name and logo. I'm taking some time off on providing updates on the arena construction status. If someone else wants to take over for a while and provide updates then by means go ahead.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
1596071087145-png.355205

Din Djarin

This Is The Way
Mar 3, 2020
Mandalore
I always been a sucker for new arenas. Beautiful to see the construction take place and the best part is when they are all done. The renovation from the old KeyArena to your future arena looks sick!

Reactions: StarterHart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad