Seattle Center Arena construction status

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I'm in the construction management business these days, so I enjoy these updates we've been getting. In fact the general contractor for my current project in PDX is also involved with the new arena.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I'm in the construction management business these days, so I enjoy these updates we've been getting. In fact the general contractor for my current project in PDX is also involved with the new arena.

Glad that people are enjoying these updates that the team provides. I post here every time the team gives an update so people can know what's getting on.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
9/6 upate

New Arena at Seattle Center Construction Update - New Arena at Seattle Center

Interior demoing is almost done. Roof footing demoing is underway.

Its gotten to the point where the night time work can start. Next week night time work can begin the week after night time hauling can begin.

Note
And the fun part soon we'll be able to see the roof being suspended in mid air. If there is a picture of that i'll post it.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
yea the digging part and getting the roof 100% supported and what not will take its time.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Hi, friendly Coyotes fan visiting.

Has the arena authority or the NHL Seattle team announced which bench will be the home bench?

I would have to do a little digging for previous design drawings to see where the home and away locker rooms are.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Milestone Day and Night

The roof is now 100% floating on support beams there is nothing anchoring it to the ground.
The digging for Seattle new arena will be finished next month with the new foundation starting around xmas with foundation being done in 6 monthish.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille