Seattle Center Arena construction status

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Is that in time for training camp?

Northgate is set to officially open in September which would be in time for training camp.

The only thing still in the air is pre-season given that Climate Pledge Arena won't be ready before October.
Though, we could play the home games(during pre-season) in smaller rinks in Seattle or maybe at Moda Center in Portland etc.

Reactions: andys

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Northgate is set to officially open in September which would be in time for training camp.

The only thing still in the air is pre-season given that Climate Pledge Arena won't be ready before October.
Though, we could play the home games(during pre-season) in smaller rinks in Seattle or maybe at Moda Center in Portland etc.
a preseason game at Moda would be amazing

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Sucks that the Arena won't likely be ready for the preseason or perhaps even the 1st month. Everett would have to be game #1 to keep it local but to expand the brand to Spokane & Portland, sure, makes sense. And then HOW would they handle tickets: to season ticket holders or to locals? There's already debates with Silvertips season ticket holders that they should get 1st crack at a preseason game in Everett over any Kraken season ticket holder.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Sucks that the Arena won't likely be ready for the preseason or perhaps even the 1st month. Everett would have to be game #1 to keep it local but to expand the brand to Spokane & Portland, sure, makes sense. And then HOW would they handle tickets: to season ticket holders or to locals? There's already debates with Silvertips season ticket holders that they should get 1st crack at a preseason game in Everett over any Kraken season ticket holder.

The arena is set to open in October and the NHL season will start in Ocotber.
So there shouldn't be a problem, even if the team has to start the first couple of games on the road like Vegas did.

Also, Geoff Baker wrote that team is looking to play preseason games in Everett and was at the Angel of the Winds Arena during one of the Seattle Storm's home games.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Just got this emailed from the team:

The journey to puck drop has been filled with milestone after milestone moment: hiring our inaugural GM Ron Francis, announcing our brand, signing our first player and most recently announcing our inaugural head coach, Dave Hakstol.
Climate Pledge Arena is on track to host our first regular season home game in mid-October, but we have made the decision to play our three inaugural preseason games at three outstanding local arenas in Everett, Kent and Spokane.

Our three preseason games will now be played at:
  • Sunday, September 26th Seattle Kraken vs. Vancouver Canucks @Spokane - 6:00PM
  • Friday, October 1st Seattle Kraken vs Edmonton Oilers @Everett - 7:00PM
  • Saturday, October 2nd Seattle Kraken vs Calgary Flames @Kent - 7:00PM
As a result of these games not being played at Climate Pledge Arena, we will provide you with an account credit, which you will see in your Seattle Kraken Account Manager by Monday, July 26th.
We understand that this is different than expected but we are excited to celebrate hockey across the Pacific Northwest and then celebrate our inaugural regular season games at Climate Pledge Arena with you.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Just got this emailed from the team:

The journey to puck drop has been filled with milestone after milestone moment: hiring our inaugural GM Ron Francis, announcing our brand, signing our first player and most recently announcing our inaugural head coach, Dave Hakstol.
Climate Pledge Arena is on track to host our first regular season home game in mid-October, but we have made the decision to play our three inaugural preseason games at three outstanding local arenas in Everett, Kent and Spokane.
Our three preseason games will now be played at:
  • Sunday, September 26th Seattle Kraken vs. Vancouver Canucks @Spokane - 6:00PM
  • Friday, October 1st Seattle Kraken vs Edmonton Oilers @Everett - 7:00PM
  • Saturday, October 2nd Seattle Kraken vs Calgary Flames @Kent - 7:00PM
As a result of these games not being played at Climate Pledge Arena, we will provide you with an account credit, which you will see in your Seattle Kraken Account Manager by Monday, July 26th.
We understand that this is different than expected but we are excited to celebrate hockey across the Pacific Northwest and then celebrate our inaugural regular season games at Climate Pledge Arena with you.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I am pretty sure I will fail at getting tickets but am very interested in going to the Everett one. Will try to check and see if I can get 2 for that game.

Reactions: tank44

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
You can say no all you want, but as soon as Kraken even suggested as a name people were saying the arena would be the Krak house and the fans would be Krak heads

Ehh, those names were inevitable but honestly I think they'll die out pretty quick everywhere except for online. You'll still have the occasional edge lord use these thinking they're witty, but I think those names will be relegated to use by salty fans of rivals. Kind of like Seachickens. Also, just because something gets said on here, even repeatedly, doesn't mean that it gains any traction in real life. I think a lot of us who spend time on forums like these fall into the trap of thinking that we are a significant portion and a good representation of the entire fanbase, when in reality we're a tiny minority. For example, I'd be willing to bet that if you approached the average hockey fan on the street and used the name Rain City Bitch Pigeons they would look at you like you had two heads.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hello ,, Hawks fan here (Obviously)

Is there something wrong that is holding up the completion/opening of stadium?

I thought last I saw it was going to be good to go in late September

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ehh, those names were inevitable but honestly I think they'll die out pretty quick everywhere except for online. You'll still have the occasional edge lord use these thinking they're witty, but I think those names will be relegated to use by salty fans of rivals. Kind of like Seachickens. Also, just because something gets said on here, even repeatedly, doesn't mean that it gains any traction in real life. I think a lot of us who spend time on forums like these fall into the trap of thinking that we are a significant portion and a good representation of the entire fanbase, when in reality we're a tiny minority. For example, I'd be willing to bet that if you approached the average hockey fan on the street and used the name Rain City Bitch Pigeons they would look at you like you had two heads.
Let's be honest, most people think they're witty when they aren't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad