Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper

Jun 2, 2019
okay but how should he show it if he’s on the bench!!! He’s a drafted player in the NHL player playing in his hometown and you don’t play him, he’s getting traded soon I’m thinking joe caroll for porco

It's not like the coach sat him on the bench first before giving him any opportunities. Porco has had plenty of time to show himself. Like the above poster said, you want more ice time you earn it.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I've always been of the belief you want ice time, earn it. Nothing in his game for the last couple of weeks shows he deserves to be out there late in a game. He rushes the puck through the neutral zone just fine, but once in his own end hes a puck possession black hole. That's on Nick, not on the coaching staff.
I've never been a fan of the kid. He's gotten plenty of icetime in the past and has been put in positions to succeed. I get the other side and it's hard to gain confidence, turn things around and prove yourself to coaches when being benched but when you work yourself DOWN to that spot, the leash is going to be short, it's on you.

Reactions: Finster8

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
okay but how should he show it if he’s on the bench!!! He’s a drafted player in the NHL player playing in his hometown and you don’t play him, he’s getting traded soon I’m thinking joe caroll for porco
I don't know, how about playing well in the first 2 periods. Just a thought!

Reactions: Skipper

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If we are in this year then no turning back. Porco, Punnett, Lemieux, Cardwell plus 5-2nds, 2-3rds, 4-4ths and 6-5ths. To get what we need won't be cheap. Porco + a 2nd+5th should get us a quality D? Cardwell 3-2nds,+2-4ths gets us Thomas or Dudas. Like Sopas game Katic and a 2nd?
Get most back by trading Perfetti prospect 3-2nds + 2 3ds and Lennox the same. When will we have this chance again. DD has to make some tough choices if he wants to be stronger and loads of options to make it happen.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I know bcspragu's analysis sounds simplistic and vague but I think it's spot on. As a Flint fan, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the puck on Porco's stick rushing up ice or in the offensive zone and thought "uh-oh" shortly followed by "whew". CJ Clarke was like that for us. Looks all the part of an OHL production machine, just never actually gets it done and two-three-four times a night you're left thinking "how did nothing come of that? They didn't even generate an offensive chance?" and the puck is heading up ice the other way, or covered by goalie who didn't actually make a save or something. If OHL GM's desire Porco half as much as posters on this board seem to, they'll still be able move him for more than fair value and get a solid return whether it be picks or players. It's still a bit too early to give up on him but a fresh start might be good.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Porco doesn’t want to be here. On the Left side, Bulovs and Bloom are begging for time. Bulovs is much grittier than Porco and Bloom is much more skilled. Trade Porco for a Centre and fill the left side in with one of those guys. They will make mistakes but the upside is much greater.

Reactions: bcspragu

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
Joe Carroll is a left-wing and we have a surplus of talented left-wingers. We could use a top-line centre or a top D. Porco needs a change of scenery to further his career. See post 241 as this is the same direction that we need to make happen for continued success in the future.
If Wilde comes back, we can get that top center without spending a bundle to get a top D. Regardless. both a F+D are needed.
Caroll plays C too

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Porco having a good night.
This was a great example of a organization that only cares about the needs to make them look good , playing perfetti almost every other shift against there worst players so he could get points and jump up the point list , bottom line this is why Saginaw will never be winners, London nights always plays there top and older players that put in the TIME NEEDED Over the years , Saginaw once again forgets who is the top players and for that ,they will never be great

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
This was a great example of a organization that only cares about the needs to make them look good , playing perfetti almost every other shift against there worst players so he could get points and jump up the point list , bottom line this is why Saginaw will never be winners, London nights always plays there top and older players that put in the TIME NEEDED Over the years , Saginaw once again forgets who is the top players and for that ,they will never be great

Perfetti is the most talented player on Saginaw. Full stop. Hell probably a top 5 to 10 talent in the league as a 17 year old. Why are you complaining? Who is your son that hes outplaying?

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
Who pissed in your cherrios? Its not always about your son!

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I didn’t read it that way at all, just a London fan that sees the writing on the wall that they can’t compete this year. Any Saginaw Dad would be thrilled to have Perfetti play with their kid. I think they have also probably seen enough games to know exactly why he is out there. The kid is awesome

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Oh how wrong you are Saggy. He is not a London fan, he's a fan of one player only. He hissed with the attention that Jenkins and Wilde got when they came on board, and with Jenkins doing team promo's. Torqued when said player never got a captains nod. Perfetti's rise in stature has him grumbling. Not happy with where said player fit in... The kid is a heck of a player, but he can't leave it at that... its all about that player and that player alone.

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
Oh how wrong you are Saggy. He is not a London fan, he's a fan of one player only. He hissed with the attention that Jenkins and Wilde got when they came on board, and with Jenkins doing team promo's. Torqued when said player never got a captains nod. Perfetti's rise in stature has him grumbling. Not happy with where said player fit in... The kid is a heck of a player, but he can't leave it at that... its all about that player and that player alone.
Hockey is a small world and word travels fast.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Cole Perfetti and Saginaw management are out to submarine the career of the other Cole... Only Hilary's latest rant can top that one! :help:

The last I checked, Cole Coskey (I assume that's the other Cole) is having a pretty start to the season with 9 goals and 8 assists for 17 points in 12 games. It seems he's doing just fine.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
The last I checked, Cole Coskey (I assume that's the other Cole) is having a pretty start to the season with 9 goals and 8 assists for 17 points in 12 games. It seems he's doing just fine.

Late to the fray here Rick. A certain member, feels that his favorite is being chewed and squashed by the franchise, who are favoring players other than his. Pay attention to what is being said in other posts.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Late to the fray here Rick. A certain member, feels that his favorite is being chewed and squashed by the franchise, who are favoring players other than his. Pay attention to what is being said in other posts.
I’ll tell you this from an insider not from a fan that watches from the bleachers you have no clue what goes on in the inside of an organization, and from a fan that maybe pays 1,000 a year for tickets , believe me that don’t need your money to succeed , Cole perfittie is a hell of a hockey player , but from years of past ohl teams and experiences what wins championships? Oh that’s right overages and 4th to 3rd year players, sometimes a jem comes along (perfittie) and really helps the teams , but always as a organization rid your older players and give them the respect they deserved , maybe that’s why Saginaw can’t win championships, because they are always trying to please the parents of the rookies or second year players , I guarantee this (London) has no issues with this kind of situation,

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
For Khrist sake Saginaw 19...let it go would you. You don't think I've been around this rodeo????. I know a lot of what goes on , and I won't mention a bit of it....Stop being so GD bitter.

The two Coles played wonderfully tonight...yes I was there. Coskey and Perfetti make a devistating PP tandem. Coskey on the off wing PP is down right evil. You are correct on many issues, such as not being a good 5 on 5 team at present, and could use a couple of players. Quit the conspiricy BS and enjoy the moment.

MitchBetts91

Jul 4, 2019
Well his name isn't Cole but I was pretty happy to see T- Bone scored his first goal, I've met him a couple of times and what a friendly out going nice kid. I know it wasn't tonight maybe I'm just late to the party.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looking over the Top 10 in the league in scoring and after 13 games
#3 Perfetti G-5 A-19 P-24
#5 Coskey G-10 A-11 P-21
#7 Giroux G-12 A-8 P-20
#10 Solovyov G-1 A-18 P-19
When have we ever had 4 players in the top 10. Only 13 games in but not bad for an over rated bunch that are consistently getting better. Solovyov has been outstanding moves the puck well , skates well for a big guy and lays a heavy check or two every game. Nice pick up by our GM.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I can't say enough good things about Solovyov. Making me forget about Wilde, and absolutely thrilled if he ever returns. Best power play design and implementation I have seen...deadly. Two snipers playing the off wing and banging them home with skill. Great to watch.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Ivan Prosvetov wins his first AHL game 4-2 over San Antonio stopping 31 of 33 shots. Best of luck on his season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad