Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Any updates of the Porco situation? Just talk or does he really want out?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Any updates of the Porco situation? Just talk or does he really want out?

He wants out. His camp is the one who leaked that info per Randy Russon of the Hockey North News. However, Saginaw is under no obligation to trade him especially if they don't feel that they are getting fair market value. He has a no trade clause so no idea how that's affecting matters. I think Saginaw would love to use him in a package for a big ticket player like a Hayton if he is returned.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
He wants out. His camp is the one who leaked that info per Randy Russon of the Hockey North News. However, Saginaw is under no obligation to trade him especially if they don't feel that they are getting fair market value. He has a no trade clause so no idea how that's affecting matters. I think Saginaw would love to use him in a package for a big ticket player like a Hayton if he is returned.
What do you think they would offer on-top of Porco for Hayton

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
What do you think they would offer on-top of Porco for Hayton

I dont know honestly. Ian Lemieux and picks would be my guess.

As to the guy who asked why Porco wants out. I dont know 100% but I think Perfetti coming in last year and immediately getting PP time over Nick (I think well deserved but just me) probably ticked him off. This year more of the same. Other guys are just outplaying him and he isnt getting the ice he feels he deserves

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I dont know honestly. Ian Lemieux and picks would be my guess.

As to the guy who asked why Porco wants out. I dont know 100% but I think Perfetti coming in last year and immediately getting PP time over Nick (I think well deserved but just me) probably ticked him off. This year more of the same. Other guys are just outplaying him and he isnt getting the ice he feels he deserves
I think your analysis of him is spot on and 3 2nd's and 3 3rd's is a pretty high level player asking price. Isn't Porco an 18yo who scored 20g and less than 40pts last year on a top flight team? I mean he'll improve and maybe he could find linemates that utilize his strengths better but I don't know about 3 and 3 on those picks. Feel safe Perfetti probably won't get moved then. What would Saginaw want for Perfetti then? 8 2nd's 4 3rd's and a 16yo 1st rounder? :laugh:

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I think your analysis of him is spot on and 3 2nd's and 3 3rd's is a pretty high level player asking price. Isn't Porco an 18yo who scored 20g and less than 40pts last year on a top flight team? I mean he'll improve and maybe he could find linemates that utilize his strengths better but I don't know about 3 and 3 on those picks. Feel safe Perfetti probably won't get moved then. What would Saginaw want for Perfetti then? 8 2nd's 4 3rd's and a 16yo 1st rounder? :laugh:

Yeah the reported asking price is way too high. I'm sure Saginaw is in no rush to move him and no real incentive too so no reason to come off the ridiculous number. Come deadline that price will be down to normal levels.

As for a hypothetical Perfetti deal, I joked with my girlfriend tonight, at current rates if we moved him this year starting price would he the entire North Bay Battalion franchise. Hahaha. Seriously though think Saginaw moves him next year at the deadline (because he'll be nhl 2021 season) for a kings ransom. Would kick a rebuild into high gear real quick.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Hopefully the Soo doesn’t want him even though he is a local kid to me McKay is a better player than him and we got him in the 5th round I believe
Would rather have Baber

Yeah I kind of threw Soo out out there as an random example considering Saginaw will likely shopping for a #1 Center for Perfetti and Coskey and with Proco being from there

However a poster on another Spirit board had heard of a deal taked about before the season of Porco, another above average Spirit body, and multiple picks to Soo for a single player to be completed after NHL camps. Hayton or O'Rourke are the only two on your team that would command that price tag and with no Hayton back yet stands all the pieces would fit.

Not that I am endorsing any of that as true, just what they had heard

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Yeah I kind of threw Soo out out there as an random example considering Saginaw will likely shopping for a #1 Center for Perfetti and Coskey and with Proco being from there

However a poster on another Spirit board had heard of a deal taked about before the season of Porco, another above average Spirit body, and multiple picks to Soo for a single player to be completed after NHL camps. Hayton or O'Rourke are the only two on your team that would command that price tag and with no Hayton back yet stands all the pieces would fit.

Not that I am endorsing any of that as true, just what they had heard

Trade valuations aside, I just can't see the Soo dealing a top flight player to a rival for the division crown. I think that Peterborough will be all over Hayton if and when the time comes.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If Porco plays like he can and the puck starts going in the net. His value will be with Saginaw putting up points and developing on schedule. Then no need to trade him if he keeps stepping up his game. If this is the scenario, DD won't make a deal unless it benefits the Spirit.
With Prosvetov doing well in Tuscon opens up an Import card. Jenik C, Pekar C and Hjorth RD any one fits our needs. Wilde??

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Why trade Punnett, a #1 pick. You don't see a future for him anchoring the D in a season or two?
If a guy like Hayton is available Perfetti-Hayton-Coskey would chew up the league. I don't think we need to go so high profile when their are so many good C out there. Thomas, Dudas would be a little less expensive. As I have said before Jenik and Pekar are quality imports and to consider their price tag wouldn't hurt.
As far as Punnett, you never like giving up a 1st rounder unless you have too. He does look like a major part of the future on D.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
If you are going to go for it you need to give up something. We have a bunch of D that are all very close. No real difference between Punnett, Lemieux, Smith and Mancini.

Punnett is highest profile due to draft spot but no real difference between the four.

Don’t get me wrong, I like him and see him as a solid player but we are going for it now and he has dressed in less than half the games.

Reactions: Finster8

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
IF Hayton gets returned, and IF the Soo trade him, I would be shocked and dismayed if the package did not include the 2019 first rounder. Regardless of where he would get traded, I think they stand firm on that.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Why are we wasting time talking about the improbable. For hockey's sake, speak in realities. Porco right now, at best, is a player for player swap. If no player involved, a 2nd or 3rd and 4th. He hasn't done a thing to garner the players talked about in trade.

His greatest value is to get his head straight and start playing hockey for the Spirit...if he wants to move up the order, prove it.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad