Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Hope it was Porco, Millman and Baber to Sudbury for Murray and Stratis and a pick. Saginaw could use another right shot on the backend and Sudbury needs a left shot. Would be a good deal for both teams.

WJ

Reactions: Duke of Wellington

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Leadership group , giroux /Jenkins /budsker
I guess if I’m looking at these 3 , what comes in mind , great kids , good people , young players able to talk too , give great directions

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Did the bus for tonights London game roll into the parking lot a half hour before opening faceoff...cause
Did the bus for tonights London game roll into the parking lot a half hour before opening faceoff...cause thats the way they played.
hey swoopster, it’s funny how you can call the team out when they loose , bottom line , 5 on 5
Watch it over and over again , it’s a joke
All you have to do is put a body on perfitie and he can’t create , I love the kid but lacks the speed , and without speed he will struggle against some of the best d in the league that are physical, giroux is not a center , creates nothing
Jenkins actually played really good tonight at center , but the only goal was a deflection from nowhere , we need a goalie and 2 centers if Saginaw wants to go for it

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Interesting how you always call out other players on the team from the goalies to the leadership group but never any criticism of 49. If 49 stopped turning the puck over 7+ times a game, particularly at the bluelines, and stopped trying to do everything by himself, maybe Giroux would be able to create something. If you are a centre that watches his RW continually turn pucks over and not move pucks to the middle, it would get frustrating I assume.

Last edited:

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Your correct on one thing #49 did turn puck over
This is also due to a coach that doesn’t believe in dumping the puck and having line mates win board battles , which we struggle on , so they run a system of trying to create plays which against top defense will not working , and it’s is another reason why we have struggled all year in a 5 on 5 game , #49 didn’t play well offensively for sure ,

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Totally agree with you on the problems that can occur with our "carry it in" offense. A good defense can hold the line, force offsides and occasionally intercept a rushed pass. Not that I want to see "dump and chase" but there are times its called for. It's effective at wearing down a good offensive D unit.

Secondly, London stayed out of the penalty box, our primary method of scoring.

Third , Lennox was giving up rebounds all night and we weren't getting to them.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It all comes down to the lack of power down the middle. Losing draws is one thing but a center needs speed and vision to create possibilities in the offensive zone. I hope DD can address that problem before the deadline.
As far as playing a couple of different systems in the offensive zone you should be able to by now. Katic and Goldowski have to use their strength and size. Others speed and vision.

Reactions: swoopster

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
It all comes down to the lack of power down the middle. Losing draws is one thing but a center needs speed and vision to create possibilities in the offensive zone. I hope DD can address that problem before the deadline.
As far as playing a couple of different systems in the offensive zone you should be able to by now. Katic and Goldowski have to use their strength and size. Others speed and vision.

Damm right Fin, we have some big guys who should be pounding the corners not finessing their way in. Hell, Porco has great speed, dump it in and let him chase it down.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Good kid but not going to miss him flying up the wing, circling the zone without passing the puck and then losing it to an odd man rush back the other way. Every time he touches the puck.
And to think he got drafted into the NHL doing that. Wow scouts really missed those games I guess. Nothing like throwing him under the bus on the way out!

WJ

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
And to think he got drafted into the NHL doing that. Wow scouts really missed those games I guess. Nothing like throwing him under the bus on the way out!

WJ
Well if you've seen him play you'd know that's a pretty accurate description of his game. It's Dallas scouting too. I've not exactly been impressed with many of their selections from the OHL lately.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

WJ

I've been critical of Nick's style of play for a while now. Nothing new with him moving on. Probably the best thing for him and Saginaw to part ways. He has been given every chance here and has been constantly outplayed

He has speed to burn. That's why he was drafted. The rest of his game needs figured out

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Well you did say rumor and then did man up 12 hours later and apologize for being a little quick so that's more responsible than many on here.

The deal I heard was fine grew once they added Lemieux so took an additional day to complete. Does anyone know anything about Duhart as it looks like LW and I thought they wanted a C ?

Reactions: Finster8

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The deal I heard was fine grew once they added Lemieux so took an additional day to complete. Does anyone know anything about Duhart as it looks like LW and I thought they wanted a C ?
Don't remember if I've seen him with Barrie. He was LW in London but I thought he was predominantly a C before that. Like a lot of people in Flint, I know people that know his family. It shouldn't be too hard to find out. I think he's got a bit more potential than his numbers show and I think Saginaw did well in the trade. Those picks can help find the C you need. It's not gonna leave a lot if they need to add a G and a D or two though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad