Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
You'd have to think Antropov is staying as an OA, no? Drinkoll knew the OA situation yet paid a 2nd+3rd for him, so that's gotta mean he planned on having him for 1.5 years, not half a season

I mean that really does depend. If they do decide to sell next season, Antropov is about the only one that would get anything in return (assuiming Jenkins isn't back, and even then Blade would be kept and we likely wouldn't hard sell).

Jenkins is back, we could go Antropov, Jenkins, King which would be an ok group. Don't know how much you'd get for Katic and Goldowski.

Or

Jenkins goes pro. Keep Katic, King and Goldowski. Flip Antropov for a pick or forward to fill his spot.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
So what are the odds that Jenkins signs? Also, I'm assuming that since Giroux signed today that he will be going to AHL ??

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
When you think of it Katic-Antropov-Goldowski made a very strong checking line this year. They could grind down other teams top line and when put against other third lines would usually come out on top. I like all 3 but is that how you want to spend OA picks? Cosky sure wasn't a third liner and neither was Busdecker this year. Maybe you trade for a different OA player? What about Frappier…...he has done a great job this year......but do we have the luxury of spending an OA spot on a goalie that may play only 20 to 25 games?

Drinkill and Prout will be earning their money this offseason....lots of hard decisions to make

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Jenkins would have to pull a real rabbit in the hat to stick with Bridgeport...I expect him back. Heck, even Coskey's chances at Bridgeport will be tough sledding... but he can put the puck in the net!

If Perfetti and Suzuki return and a few moves made, this team could have monster potential next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finster8

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Playoffs/memorial cup officially canceled. Necessary but still stinks to see Coskey, Webb, and Busdeker end their junior careers like this.

-It's never flashy but every team needs that stay at home defenseman. Reilly was steady as any. Thanks.

-DJ worked his butt off from day one and it's awesome to see where he's at now vs when he came in as a FA. I really hope someone gets him a pro contract. Deserves it.

-I've said it before, but Cole was that guy that started it all. He was that first high end college commit we got to sign with us. Perfetti, Wilde, Smith etc. Feels like yesterday we were watching him at rookie camp wow us.

Good luck to each of these guys going forward and when we put up another division title banner next season, I hope they're here to see it.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad