Saginaw Spirit 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
My bet is rookie forwards start getting more time and Bulovs finally dresses. These kids have done everything asked of them by Laz and after the Peterborough dump they laid he is going to shake things up. The lineup you suggested loses to London in the same fashion.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Its not subtle...its obvious. Perfetti and Jenkins are not true centers. Your left handed shots are Perfetti, Jenkins, Katic, Porco and Giroux.

Right handed are Coskey, Busdeker, Goldy and Codd. The only supposed true centers are Cardwell and Baber.

They have 1 right handed shot on D. That is a mistake.

You can swing kids around and try to make them comfortable in another position, but it's a process. As constituted at present, not the makings of a team capable of making any kind of run.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Its not subtle...its obvious. Perfetti and Jenkins are not true centers. Your left handed shots are Perfetti, Jenkins, Katic, Porco and Giroux.

Right handed are Coskey, Busdeker, Goldy and Codd. The only supposed true centers are Cardwell and Baber.

They have 1 right handed shot on D. That is a mistake.

You can swing kids around and try to make them comfortable in another position, but it's a process. As constituted at present, not the makings of a team capable of making any kind of run.

Porco will be moved for a body. Not sure who else from that draft year is in a similar situation but I could see Saginaw making a 1 for 1 deal on a similar player. RHD or Centre preferably.

What gets me with this Porco deal is the way its going down. Randy Russon, a sports guy from up in the Soo put out an article today saying Porco is the one asking for a trade. He put on Saginaw's fan facebook page this info came right from Porco. Seems like torpedoing Saginaw when they are finding a deal for you is just petty by leaking that you want out.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
My suggested line combos

Perfetti-Cardwell-Coskey Could switch centers depending on chemistry.
Jenkins-Babar-Giroux
Bloom-Busdeker-Goldowski
Katic-Bulovs-Codd This shows the need for a top C or/and RW. Porco does not want to play then a healthy scratch tonight IMO. Play the guys who want to be with the club.

Solovyov-Millman
King-Webb
Smith-Punnett/Lemieux Need some stability on D top 2 and some more experience. We made it by last year without Middleton, this year most likely Wilde is not coming, a bonus if he does.

Lennox-Frappier Prosvetov situation looks grim right now.

Reactions: Saggy

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Spirit beat London 6-3 on a solid game by Tristan Lennox stopping 38 of 41 shots. Coskey and Perfetti had a goal and 2 assists while Giroux added two goals of his own with 9 this year to lead the team. Goldowski and Jenkins had the other 2 goals.

Reactions: three dog night

Bag O Pucks

Sep 13, 2019
After seeing the “new and improved” Merkley last night I am thankful he didn’t come here. No matter if it was his NTC or we didn’t think we could turn him into a good fit for us. As London got further behind his true colors began to show through. Couldn’t think of a better team for him to end up with.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
After seeing the “new and improved” Merkley last night I am thankful he didn’t come here. No matter if it was his NTC or we didn’t think we could turn him into a good fit for us. As London got further behind his true colors began to show through. Couldn’t think of a better team for him to end up with.

Him letting King and Katic take him off with matching penalties late in the game down 2 when London needed him the most shows his true colors. Doesnt care about the team, only himself.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Porcos decision to play the trade the game leaves us behind the 8 ball. So trade him, send him home and wait, he has a NTC that he thinks can dictate where he goes. Let him sweat not like he is doing good things for the team right now.
Trade for Hjorth RD for Sarnia 6'3 193 lbs. 01 Import. I don't believe we see Ivan again. Frees up an Import card.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I kind of liked the lines verse London. Laz inserted something “new blood” at both F and D. They held their own and pushed some vets to step up.

I’d leave the lines be for a few weeks and see if they gel. I think the fact that Laz played all four lines verse London also helped as we had fresh legs in the third and took over the game.

Perfetti-Giroux-Cosky
Katic-Jenkins-Porco
Bloom-Baber-Goldowski
Bulovs-Caldwell-Codd

Solovyov - King
Millman - Webb
Busdecker - xxx

xxx could change from game to game depending who steps up between Lemieux, Smith, Punnett and Mancini

Unlike most other people I think we will see Wilde and Provs back by end of month. If that actually happens we can package Porco and one of the many D for a solid C and were off to the races.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well 4-3 win with Giroux scoring his 2nd in OT. Solovyov had 3 assists, Perfetti 2 assists, Coskey scores his 8th, Jenkins 2assists, and Goldowski with his 3rd. Lennox stopped 35 of 38 shots and was 1st star. Seems to be finding his game and that changes plenty.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Well 4-3 win with Giroux scoring his 2nd in OT. Solovyov had 3 assists, Perfetti 2 assists, Coskey scores his 8th, Jenkins 2assists, and Goldowski with his 3rd. Lennox stopped 35 of 38 shots and was 1st star. Seems to be finding his game and that changes plenty.

Lennox was incredible. That's the most grade A scoring chances the Greyhounds have had all season and he stood tall. Hard to believe he's so young.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
From my seat I felt the Hounds carried the bulk of the play in all 3 periods. Both goaltenders were great but Lennox was for sure my first star tonight.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
From my seat I felt the Hounds carried the bulk of the play in all 3 periods. Both goaltenders were great but Lennox was for sure my first star tonight.

I agree Saginaw 5 on 5 are not very good , 1 pp goal ,and 2 very week goals , I’ve never seen soo many rookies play for Saginaw , 11 forwards, rotating 3 centers who see Tons of ice , mixed lines , no consistency, Saginaw has given up at least 4 games when leading in the 3rd period , could explain a lot , Saginaw will need a stud center and a top dman to make a run

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I see why porco wants out he was on the bench the whole 3rd period

I've always been of the belief you want ice time, earn it. Nothing in his game for the last couple of weeks shows he deserves to be out there late in a game. He rushes the puck through the neutral zone just fine, but once in his own end hes a puck possession black hole. That's on Nick, not on the coaching staff.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
I've always been of the belief you want ice time, earn it. Nothing in his game for the last couple of weeks shows he deserves to be out there late in a game. He rushes the puck through the neutral zone just fine, but once in his own end hes a puck possession black hole. That's on Nick, not on the coaching staff.

okay but how should he show it if he’s on the bench!!! He’s a drafted player in the NHL player playing in his hometown and you don’t play him, he’s getting traded soon I’m thinking joe caroll for porco

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
okay but how should he show it if he’s on the bench!!! He’s a drafted player in the NHL player playing in his hometown and you don’t play him, he’s getting traded soon I’m thinking joe caroll for porco

Joe Carroll is a left-wing and we have a surplus of talented left-wingers. We could use a top-line centre or a top D. Porco needs a change of scenery to further his career. See post 241 as this is the same direction that we need to make happen for continued success in the future.
If Wilde comes back, we can get that top center without spending a bundle to get a top D. Regardless. both a F+D are needed.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I was actually thinking Porco could make sense for a team like Mississauga. I'm not sure Mississauga would do a Washkurak-Porco one-for-one deal considering I think they only make a Porco move if it was an additive move, not a side-ways or backwards move. Washkurak may be available at some point, but I am sure they want to see more out of Prueter first.

I do think they would offer the struggling Portokalis and a 2020 2nd + some conditionals for Porco right now though. It would help with their depth scoring and they can afford to move a guy like Portokalis if it means getting Porco. Portokalis could fill a lower line role in Saginaw and has a good amount of offensive upside. Plus he could be an option down the middle, even though I see him more as a LW long term. A high pick and a struggling young player with upside is about the best I can see a team offering for Porco right now unfortunately, especially after Constantinou only went for a 3rd and a couple of 4ths.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Not like he didn't play the rest of the time. He gets reps in practice and games just like everyone else and Im sure the coaches see whats going on better than most. At this point hes just getting out performed by at least 7-8 forwards. Of course his ice time is going to be limited. On top of that, add in the fact that per Randy Russon from Hockey News North, his camp was the one leaking the info that he wanted to be traded it would make sense that Saginaw isnt very impressed with him at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->