Sabres Trade Targets

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is he tho? Also do you really want to trouble Tage with playing ln his offside? I get what you're saying but I just dont see feasible options to trade from the forward corps and I value all our defensemen more than Pulju.

Conor Sheary Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

3g & 4pts in 13 gp.

CF% rel -4.7
FF% rel -9.8
PDO 106.0

Is that above replacement level?

And as far as what wing to play TnT on, flip Vesey then. It's not like he's going to get markedly worse...

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Is it really that difficult to pull the trigger on what will likely be a marginal acquisition? I'm getting bored over here.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is it really that difficult to pull the trigger on what will likely be a marginal acquisition? I'm getting bored over here.

While I agree -- I was going to make another Scott Wilson quip in fact -- it is probably more cap dependant than anything. Nobody has the cap space seemingly.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We need to find a way to get Cliff Pu back. It's evident from looking at his stats that he has Sabre blood coursing through his veins. He could seamlessly move into the bottom 6. The price is only going to go up when he starts filling the net for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
New targets: Foegele, Vatrano, Virtanen, Greenway, Dal Colle
Thoughts?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If there is no production, then almost any player could replace him and there wouldn't be a huge drop off, no?

Conor Sheary Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

3g & 4pts in 13 gp.

CF% rel -4.7
FF% rel -9.8
PDO 106.0

Is that above replacement level?

And as far as what wing to play TnT on, flip Vesey then. It's not like he's going to get markedly worse...
I'm sure you can find anyone to replace him, will they do better? Probably not unless you find someone who can drive that line themselves.

Also I'm not down for letting Tage struggle on his off side just for the sake of Sheary.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I'm hoping he's being patient and waiting for something substantial- I was impatient in the offseason and then he pulled Mojo on a good deal, hoping for the trade equivalent. Smaller moves could also be made, but if he's keeping his pieces hoping for somethin big within the week.. I'd be happy.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
New targets: Foegele, Vatrano, Virtanen, Greenway, Dal Colle
Thoughts?

Foegele would be awesome, but I can't see why Carolina a team looking for forwards would deal him.

Vatrano would be a reasonable target, does Florida need a #5 defender?

Virtanen would be tough, VAN has very little cap. I'm also not sure why they'd deal him when he's finally playing well?

Greenway I don't know much about, but why would Minnesota trade a 22 year old? He would seem to be in their plans for the future.

Dal Colle I'm not sure how much is there. He certainly doesn't look like he'd show up and suddenly be a difference maker, or even an improvement.

Great post though, high content, wish more people would take the time and actually produce discussion matter like you did.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Vatrano would be a reasonable target, does Florida need a #5 defender?
I really like Vatrano, he seems to be a pretty nimble player and has grit in him, if such a player were in our top 9 this would improve our team. Today I saw some comments from Florida fans that they seem to need a defender, probably LHD.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I really like Vatrano, he seems to be a pretty nimble player and has grit in him, if such a player were in our top 9 this would improve our team. Today I saw some comments from Florida fans that they seem to need a defender, probably LHD.

To make the cap work it would need to be McCabe.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Dal Colle I'm not sure how much is there. He certainly doesn't look like he'd show up and suddenly be a difference maker, or even an improvement.

Last season he became a solid checking line forward to secure himself a spot in an NHL lineup on a good team with a demanding coach. This season he was moved to a scoring line. He hasn't found his scoring touch yet but it wasn't until his fourth season he really produced in the AHL. He looks like a classic late bloomer. I'd be interested in acquiring him now because he'll come cheap. At the very least you're getting a good defensive forward and he could turn out to be a lot more.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Big fat NO for me on Toffoli. He's a bad skater and hasn't looked good in ages. More importantly, my sources tell me that he has attitude issues and is not a good team guy. I don't know the details, but I live in LA and know some people who know some people. Sounds like Blake is dying to dump TT. For whatever it's worth.

Also, I'd rather swing big for higher end talent. I'm willing to give up decent assets for a legit top-6 winger with 30-goal talent (I don't really count AA in this category even though he scored 30 last year). I still think Ehlers might be attainable for Risto ++.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I have caught quite a few LA games this year and Tofoli looks much improved over last year, which many were attributing to injuries that seemed to have healed. I see the issue as more Carter really dropping off and not carrying his weight on his line. I also agree that there will be much disappointment at any return for the assets available.

You must have caught different games than I've seen.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I also now not very high on Toffoli, but I don’t see Risto+ returning Ehlers, I think this train has left, Ehlers is now one of Winnipeg’s best players and they don’t trade him.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Of course, I understand that Botterill is unlikely to trade for goaltender, but I do not like Hutton's game at all, too many strange and garbage washers flies into our gates when he is starter. Maybe one of these guys will not be very expensive and could solve some of our problems with the goalie at least this season.

Markstrom
Raanta
Dubnyk
Georgiev

Reactions: TheCerebral1

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
No thanks. I'm not a fan of Bennett and Frolik is on his walk year. If this is the best we can get, I'll keep Ristolainen. To me, this is a piss poor return.
I will go a step further and say that return is worse then what ROR returned.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe Botterill does the unexpected and revamps center?

Ristolainen for Faksa
2020 2nd for Pageau

That’s be a huge boost to this team.
It seems to me that Faksa for Risto is not so attractive, if Faksa + is such a prospect as Robertson, then yes, plus we take a small dump to equalize the salary. For Pageau they will probably already ask for the first round, he is now simply on fire.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Of course, I understand that Botterill is unlikely to trade for goaltender, but I do not like Hutton's game at all, too many strange and garbage washers flies into our gates when he is starter. Maybe one of these guys will not be very expensive and could solve some of our problems with the goalie at least this season.

Markstrom
Raanta
Dubnyk
Georgiev

Of that list, Markstrom at the deadline if he can be procured. However, if Vancouver is in a playoff push, I highly doubt it. Raanta is an interesting one, as he is coming off an injury and has looked alright so far. He's a huge upgrade over Hutton. Georgiev, would be the wild card. I have no interest in Dubnyk.

For me:

Raanta, Markstrom, Georgiev in that order. God does this team new blood in net.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Of that list, Markstrom at the deadline if he can be procured. However, if Vancouver is in a playoff push, I highly doubt it. Raanta is an interesting one, as he is coming off an injury and has looked alright so far. He's a huge upgrade over Hutton. Georgiev, would be the wild card. I have no interest in Dubnyk.

For me:

Raanta, Markstrom, Georgiev in that order. God does this team new blood in net.
Yes, for me Dubnyk is in last place on this list. Georgiev is a promising option, but he does not yet have the experience of a starting goaltender, although they could have arranged a good competition with Ullmark for the role of a starting goalie, and his contract is only 790 thousand.

Markstrom and Raanta have experience goalie number one, but in Arizona, Kuemper plays pretty well, and in Vancouver Demko will also be ready to take on the role of starter soon. We could also use such guys as Kreider, Virtanen or Fischer in a deal with goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad