Sabres Trade Targets

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
HNIC mentioned Tyson Jost will probably be moved from Colorado. Interesting young centre who would be a great shutdown guy if his offence doesn’t develop. Leader type with great work ethic.

My dream deadline scenario would be Botts flipping Montour, Sheary + to Colorado for Jost and Newhook.

Not sure how that would lead you to get Newhook and Jost. However, sure. If they want to gamble on that, please. I would assume you'd be giving up at least one other high upside youth with Montour / Sheary.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Jonas is als0 part of the team next year who has to clear waivers.

If interested in Gorgeiv just OS at a 3rd comp and see what the Rangers do

Unless you are riding a couple of ELC centers that is too much on 3/4 centers.

If Larsson could actually produce more offense than what he has done I could see something around 3.5M per

given is lack of offesne and hes a 3/4 I cap those at $3M per

the max on Pageau id go is $5M and id want to lower the term to 4 yrs

I only see them signing 1 of them not both

My preference would be to get a 2C who is cost controlled terms left of about 2-3 full years on a contract who could bridge the younger players so there contract wnds qhwn the young kids are do for raises.

Sabres don't have a 3rd until the 2022 draft.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
McKenzie saying Pageau is likely on the move. If so, he's likely outside Buffalo's ability to rent, even with the intention to extend. Similarly, if he's going, I wonder if that changes the Sens view on Tierney who while not a metrics guy, is still a center who might be available and at least capable of playing the position instead of MJ.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Not sure how that would lead you to get Newhook and Jost. However, sure. If they want to gamble on that, please. I would assume you'd be giving up at least one other high upside youth with Montour / Sheary.

The + after Sheary would be for something else. I have no idea what Colorado is looking at but hey, it was a “dream scenario”

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
McKenzie saying Pageau is likely on the move. If so, he's likely outside Buffalo's ability to rent, even with the intention to extend. Similarly, if he's going, I wonder if that changes the Sens view on Tierney who while not a metrics guy, is still a center who might be available and at least capable of playing the position instead of MJ.

I hope they are looking in at Pageau. I don’t think Sens will get a 1st for him but I would see if someone like Johnson would peak their interest.

6 points back and the Leafs are a tire fire. I wold love to stick Pageau beside Skinner for a month and see what they could do. He is about the only guy out there that could plug-in as the 2 nd line centre they need for the rest if the season which means he will be in very high demand.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If we can't get a younger long term top 6 C I am hoping for Eric Staal or hell even Joe Thornton though doubtful Jumbo would want to come here. Staal would be an amazing add though.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Would you guys be interested in rikard rakell for your first plus a decent prospect?

back to back thirty goal seasons but play fell off once entire team bottomed out offensively. With prime getzlaf he put up thirty goals and 69 points. I could see him thriving with eichel.

I read somewhere you guys are more interested in offense than defensive help?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Would you guys be interested in rikard rakell for your first plus a decent prospect?

back to back thirty goal seasons but play fell off once entire team bottomed out offensively. With prime getzlaf he put up thirty goals and 69 points. I could see him thriving with eichel.

I read somewhere you guys are more interested in offense than defensive help?
I think If that pick gets moved it better yield a youngish top 6 center which Rakell is not.

Reactions: Dmang714

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Posted this in the roster thread the other day but it got lost among everything else in there.

What about Nolan Patrick as a potential target? Philly already has a lot of money tied up down the middle. Obvious connection with his dad playing on the Sabres for so long too.

Really hard to gauge his true value though...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if Botts could pry Danault out of Montreal?

He will be a UFA after next season and it would be a risk that they could get him extended. But, he would be a sneaky good way to address the 2C issue.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

He will be a UFA after next season and it would be a risk that they could get him extended. But, he would be a sneaky good way to address the 2C issue.
Maybe but he is having a great year for them.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

I've really wanted him for a few years now. I remember Montreal fans being disenchanted with him back then. I think that ship has sailed with the season he's having now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad