Sabres Trade Targets

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Does Sheary for Puljujarvi make sense for both teams? Sheary proved his ability to play with Crosby and could be a permanent fixture with McDavid and Draisaitl.
How would that trade even help us? We would be losing at least a somewhat credible player for another let's hope he can stick around and be useful. What has Puju proven that makes him have even more worth than Sobotka at this point?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Sheary, Sobotka, Vesey and ERod look like bad players, they do not produce anything and take their place in the roster, I am ready to trade them for anything. ERod for Clifford or Sheary for Frolik and the like.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
How would that trade even help us? We would be losing at least a somewhat credible player for another let's hope he can stick around and be useful. What has Puju proven that makes him have even more worth than Sobotka at this point?

Edmonton doesn't have enough cap space to absorb Sheary's contract. So, it can't be just Sheary for Pool Party right now.

And for the Sabres, this is a deal where they get something for a pending UFA that they likely let walk in the summer.

They could get a worse return for Sheary than a former top 5 draft pick who's development has been bungled.

Reactions: Mitts888

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Edmonton doesn't have enough cap space to absorb Sheary's contract. So, it can't be just Sheary for Pool Party right now.

And for the Sabres, this is a deal where they get something for a pending UFA that they likely let walk in the summer.

They could get a worse return for Sheary than a former top 5 draft pick who's development has been bungled.
The point of trading now is for help now, NHL ready players that can fill holes. Nothing suggests Pulju is NHL ready. I get why you would do it but right now we arent trying to take a somewhat useful warm body for a down on his luck lottery ticket.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The point of trading now is for help now, NHL ready players that can fill holes. Nothing suggests Pulju is NHL ready. I get why you would do it but right now we arent trying to take a somewhat useful warm body for a down on his luck lottery ticket.

If Edmonton had the cap space to do it, this is also a way to clear cap space for another trade.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If Edmonton had the cap space to do it, this is also a way to clear cap space for another trade.
Too many variables need to happen to make this even a remotely viable choice especially with a GM who sits on his hands. I don't expect trades to make room for other trades from this GM.

If he did something along these lines he would be adding another hole in Sheary's absence that other costs/players would have to be sacrificed for.

EDIT: Spelling auto correct error.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I thought ERod looked pretty good against TB. I think he's fine in your bottom 6 as a winger. I'd be looking to upgrade Sheary or Vesey. I think Girgensons needs a change of scenery.

Reactions: k8prisoner

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Too many variables need to happen to make this even a remotely viable choice especially with a GM who sits on his hands. I don't expect trades to make room for other trades from this GM.

If he did something along these lines he would be adding another hole in Sheary's absence that other costs/players would have to be sacrificed for.

EDIT: Spelling auto correct error.

Not if you believe that Sheary is playing at or below replacement level and the team would get similar play by merely calling up someone like TnT...

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not if you believe that Sheary is playing at or below replacement level and the team would get similar play by merely calling up someone like TnT...
Do you believe that? I look at Sheary and he's been flying out there, but absolutely no production.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sheary, Sobotka, Vesey and ERod look like bad players, they do not produce anything and take their place in the roster, I am ready to trade them for anything. ERod for Clifford or Sheary for Frolik and the like.
They're all capable NHL players. The problem is a lack of consistency. On any given night there's a handful of players making too many mistakes. It's comes down to coaching and leadership. That's the challenge for Krueger.

Reactions: Kevbeau

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Is he tho? Also do you really want to trouble Tage with playing ln his offside? I get what you're saying but I just dont see feasible options to trade from the forward corps and I value all our defensemen more than Pulju.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I’d like Athanasiou.

Just not sure what he would cost. He’s a decent player but I’m not sure how their management (or ours) feels about him.

Is he a reasonable swap for Ristolainen? Or would one side add?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I’d like Athanasiou.

Just not sure what he would cost. He’s a decent player but I’m not sure how their management (or ours) feels about him.

I'd want a substantial add personally.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I'd want a substantial add personally.

But with Ristolainen’s rep (which is a bit over stated I’ll admit) on these boards, I would see Detroit fans wanting more, which leads me to believe its close. And while he’s not best at center, he can play center.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would not have any problems with trade Risto for AA, although I'm not sure why Detroit needs it if they rebuild, maybe they would be looking for picks and prospects.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I’d like Athanasiou.

We only get to trade problem for problem..w nylander joki as a template.. He would fit nicely if we can also find thachuk type to pair w jack skinner.. If we three lines this team would challenge ...exactly why detroit may not hekp and thus western conf..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
This feels like talking about s snipe hunt or the best left hand monkey wrench..since the last year december ... Botts has a pair if he gets it done risking being lynched at his next luncheon ..by the team..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
And the frigid gm girls say.. She'll be coming round the mountain when she ..... She'll be coming round . everybody now. Its a sing along.. Who can say the same thing in a different way for two weeks without actual hockey and the real possibility the league has us figured again.

Im just diverting the pitchforks to me.. I know..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad