Sabres Trade Targets

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Do we want to list who we personally think would be a good fit or which player with some ties to the front office that they will wind up picking up on waivers or spinning in for a mid-round pick?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, we're not getting Ehlers or Vrana without parting with something substantial like Cozens or Mittelstadt+. Guys like Anthanasiou. Zucker and Toffoli are much more attainable for obvious reasons.

One can dream, although you're likely right- something like Riso+Mitts for Vrana might interest me, doubt Washington wants to part with him though. Great call on Anthanasiou, forgot about him. For top 6 I really like him, Zucker, and Toffoli- good players on bad teams might have artificially low value, Antha can friggin fly, would love to try him if the price is aight.

Flames need RD. Risto for Bennett, Frolik, +?

I think Flames overvalue Bennett- he works well there, they kinda need his grit, but he ain't great and takes stupid penalties. I wouldn't be angry over getting him, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's just Steve Ott. I don't want another Ott.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I don't think Toffoli will cost that much, when a player falls out of favor with their team it severely cuts their value.

Dreger spit-balling a 2nd or 3rd and a mid tier prospect sounds about right to me. Can you start at a 3rd and bump it to a 2nd with a cap dump? I wonder what a package with Pearson Clifford looks like:

Sabres
2nd
ERod
Samuelson
Scandella

Kings
Toffoli
Pearson
Clifford

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitts888

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think Toffoli will cost that much, when a player falls out of favor with their team it severely cuts their value.

Dreger spit-balling a 2nd or 3rd and a mid tier prospect sounds about right to me. Can you start at a 3rd and bump it to a 2nd with a cap dump? I wonder what a package with Pearson looks like:

Sabres
2nd
ERod
Samuelson
Scandella

Kings
Toffoli
Pearson

Pearson?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

Dreger spit-balling a 2nd or 3rd and a mid tier prospect sounds about right to me. Can you start at a 3rd and bump it to a 2nd with a cap dump? I wonder what a package with Pearson looks like:

Sabres
2nd
ERod
Samuelson
Scandella

Kings
Toffoli
Pearson
Uh...Pearson plays for Van City.

Reactions: Chainshot

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
realistic trade prospect ??

Some NHL journeyman bottom 9 player that I'm sure Botts feels he knows in his bones can be a top 6 forward, maybe two of them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Duhatschek Notebook: How NHL teams cope after losing a star...

It's going to be a challenge for Botts to find a deal that works both from a hockey and a cap perspective.

I know Toffoli is a name that gets thrown out there a lot, but what does the money look like going both ways on a deal that makes sense for the Sabres and the Kings?

Is it something like TT with $1.1M retained for Vlad+sweetener?

It could also mean buying cap space from the Sens for draft picks like the Nemestnikov deal.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Flames probably won't want to trade Monahan?
You just nailed the exact player that came to mind when people started talking about the next Lafontaine deal. Not that Monahan is Lafontaine, far from it and no one is, but as far as a 25-26yo center we could conceivably trade for and get 80-95 points out of, he’s at the top of the list. He is the list.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
You just nailed the exact player that came to mind when people started talking about the next Lafontaine deal. Not that Monahan is Lafontaine, far from it and no one is, but as far as a 25-26yo center we could conceivably trade for and get 80-95 points out of, he’s at the top of the list. He is the list.
What are you prepared to give up by chance?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
What are you prepared to give up by chance?
I don’t know...I’m fully aware it would be a whole lot. And that’s assuming Calgary is even looking to make a change. Probably would cost Ristolainen or Reinhart and our 2020 1st, at minimum. I’d do that obviously...but it’d cost quite a lot more.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I don’t know...I’m fully aware it would be a whole lot. And that’s assuming Calgary is even looking to make a change. Probably would cost Ristolainen or Reinhart and our 2020 1st, at minimum. I’d do that obviously...but it’d cost quite a lot more.
Maybe all three

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
As a starting point...
The problem is Calgary has no reason to trade him and while Risto addresses a near term need it is not enough of a need to create a huge hole. Sam may fill that hole but he doesn’t play the style they want to play. An add is needed. Don’t know if he is worth that price.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Does Sheary for Puljujarvi make sense for both teams? Sheary proved his ability to play with Crosby and could be a permanent fixture with McDavid and Draisaitl.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Does Sheary for Puljujarvi make sense for both teams? Sheary proved his ability to play with Crosby and could be a permanent fixture with McDavid and Draisaitl.
As I understand it, PoolParty said that this season he will definitely remain playing in Finland even if he is now traded.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad