Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Post Deadline, Trades For Next Season and Beyond If/When We are Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I would rather keep Sekera he is so good at moving the puck. Russell is the dman I would move in the off season and I would look at Benning also. I think Bear or Jones can replace him and do a better job and cheaper.

Thing is, Russell can play 2nd pairing RD in a pinch. Something Sekera, Jones and Bear can't do.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Neal Pionk, Frank Vatrano, Evan Rodrigues, Troy Stecher, Jordan Oesterle, Trevor van Riemsdyk, Phoenix Copley, Chad Ruhwedel, Nate Schmidt, Danny Dekeyser, Tim Schaller, Chris Tanev, etc.

There are tons of undrafted players that come out of the NCAA and end up NHL regulars. Obviously there isn’t a ton of top line talent, but it’s certainly not a waste of time. And guys like Tanev and Schmidt are like #3 dmen, so there are some pretty impactful players

Yeah, I was more talking top end talent. Definitely have a good chance of getting an NHLer, but the original post was asking who has had a major impact.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Duszak to Toronto, Veronneau to Ottawa, Teves to Vancouver and Kuffner to Detroit.

Hope we go all in on Sturm.
I hope they go hard after Sturm as well. Decent chance he'd wanna come here as well with German Gretzky in the fold.

Perfect defense first, big body, checking line 3c.

Reactions: belair

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Damn Detroit signed a couple top college FA's. Crossing fingers for Philp and/or Sturm if he's looking to go pro.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah, I was more talking top end talent. Definitely have a good chance of getting an NHLer, but the original post was asking who has had a major impact.

Vatrano is on pace for 25 goals this year. How much more of an impact are you looking for? Everyone knows you’re not finding McDavid with an undrafted 20 something year old player.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Vatrano is on pace for 25 goals this year. How much more of an impact are you looking for? Everyone knows you’re not finding McDavid with an undrafted 20 something year old player.

Alright, so two. Apologies.

The original post was asking if there was any college players in the last while that have had a consequential impact. Krug, and now that you've brought to light Vatrano are about it.

More than likely, you're ending up with a mediocre NHL regular.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Alright, so two. Apologies.

The original post was asking if there was any college players in the last while that have had a consequential impact. Krug, and now that you've brought to light Vatrano are about it.

More than likely, you're ending up with a mediocre NHL regular.

Did you even read my list? Schmidt and Tanev for example play top pairing. That’s not even a complete list. That’s just quickly throwing some names together

Reactions: Aerrol

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Did you even read my list? Schmidt and Tanev for example play top pairing. That’s not even a complete list. That’s just quickly throwing some names together

Schmidt I could go with. Tanev? He logs 2nd pairing minutes for the Canucks and is essentially ineffective offensively. You're missing the main context of the original post. Consequential isn't some 20-25 point forward like Van Riemsdyk or Pionk, or a defenseman logging 2nd pairing minutes with no offensive ability like Tanev.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Schmidt I could go with. Tanev? He logs 2nd pairing minutes for the Canucks and is essentially ineffective offensively. You're missing the main context of the original post. Consequential isn't some 20-25 point forward like Van Riemsdyk or Pionk, or a defenseman logging 2nd pairing minutes with no offensive ability like Tanev.
Those two are both defensemen.........

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

You’re joking right? TVR and Pionk aren’t even forwards. They’re dmen. Pionk looks like he’ll be a 30 point 2nd pairing dman at worst.

Tanev is one of the better shutdown dmen out there, and plays huge minutes short handed. He’s an impact player.

I’m not missing the context of your post just because you were too lazy to actually look at who is out there for undrafted NCAA players.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any chatter on Nico Sturm going pro and oilers?
No chatter on him one way or another. His team is still kicking. One insider said Vancouver didn't sign Veronneau because they wouldn't have enough contract slots this year to sign Sturm also, but that sounds kind of made up.

Odds are that this kid is fully invested in what's happening with Clarkson since he wears the C.

We'd be pretty stupid to not do the full court press to sign him though. The scouting report on him is pretty spot on what we're looking for in a third line center.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I got to give @belair props for his scouting reports. He and others are a pleasure to read about the up and comers and prospects in hockey esp as how it relates to the Oil.

Reactions: Aerrol

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What if the story on this guy? Great numbers for a defenseman in the Finnish league and he’s only 22. Any links to the Oilers?
I've only done some readings on him. Maybe someone else can help you with this?

Grigorenko is a PPG in the KHL. Would be a good signing for the #3C

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
People are going crazy for UFA college free agents.. none of them have turned into anything great impact wise (Schultz and Wheeler were draft picks)

Reactions: CycloneSweep

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Would anyone consider moving sekera and a pick (2nd maybe) For Hamilton?

Carolina has history with sekera, and a few young guys that may benefit from sekeras mentoring and experience, and he's also a better stabilizing force on the back end imo, while still being not totally inept offensively.

We give up the better all around dman, for a younger dman who can score from the back, and will likely still be a solid top 4 dman after his contract is up, and Carolina gets rid of Hamilton which they're rumored to want to do, without crippling the back end, save a bit of cap hit, and are only on the hook for the same term as Hamilton.

I may be way out to lunch here, but it's just an idea that popped into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad