Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Post Deadline, Trades For Next Season and Beyond If/When We are Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Why do we keep holding onto RNH like he's untouchable? He's going to demand a raise in a year. We are looking at paying him at least 7M+. That's double the cost of Rakell

58 in 70 games? Wasn't half of those points playing on McDavid's wings and a bit more playing on the PP with McDavid and Drai?

I actually think Rakell gets more points playing with McDavid and it also creates another threat with Drai on the 2nd line while freeing up 2.2M for another 3 years.
You do realize that RNH is signed for another 2 years beyond this year right?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You do realize that RNH is signed for another 2 years beyond this year right?
I would still do that trade even if RNH is signed for another 2 years.
Trade Pulju for Toffoli.

x-McDavid-Toffoli
x-Drai-Rakell

Sell high, buy low

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Typical grass is greener on the other side of the fence syndrome going on here. Nurse has more points, plus/minus is about the same, and he has significantly more shots on net than Lindholm having not played PP for most of the first half of the season. Corsi is about the same. Over twice as many hits as Lindholm. Just Lindholm at $6.75M? Really? Next year at the same age Lindholm is now I except Nurse to take an even bigger step.
I'm not particularly prone to a grass is greener bias and I believe my posting history bares that out, my bias is towards superior hockey players and H. Lindholm is certainly that, I've seen him shutdown many top stars effortlessly and quite routinely and the puck almost always seems to be going the other direction shortly afterwards, Hampus Lindholm to put it bluntly tilts the ice, where as Nurse will often be facing 2nd tier opposition and I'm at times left wondering if he even knows the basic precepts of playing defense with the decisions and reads he makes. Nurse has a ton of work just to get to Klefbom's level and Lindholm lies somewhere beyond that. If you want to debate who's better take your case to the main board in the poll section and I'm sure someone would be glad to argue with you on the subject.

Reactions: 780il

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I would still do that trade even if RNH is signed for another 2 years.
Trade Pulju for Toffoli.

x-McDavid-Toffoli
x-Drai-Rakell

Sell high, buy low
ANd hope it pans out. Sounds like Strome for Spooner and Hall for Larsson.......hmmm.........not sure how that has panned out.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
ANd hope it pans out. Sounds like Strome for Spooner and Hall for Larsson.......hmmm.........not sure how that has panned out.
Spooner for Gagner and Hall is injured. Bringing up a guy who's only played 33 games this year is going to help the Oilers?

Center depth is important. I agree. But do we really expect that if one of McDavid or Drai goes down, RNH is going to up his game? He's the last guy on the Oilers I expect to take over if McDavid or Drai gets injured.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not particularly prone to a grass is greener bias and I believe my posting history bares that out, my bias is towards superior hockey players and H. Lindholm is certainly that, I've seen him shutdown many top stars effortlessly and quite routinely and the puck almost always seems to be going the other direction shortly afterwards, Hampus Lindholm to put it bluntly tilts the ice, where as Nurse will often be facing 2nd tier opposition and I'm at times left wondering if he even knows the basic precepts of playing defense with the decisions and reads he makes. Nurse has a ton of work just to get to Klefbom's level and Lindholm lies somewhere beyond that. If you want to debate who's better take your case to the main board in the poll section and I'm sure someone would be glad to argue with you on the subject.
Yes because consensus is truth. In Lindholm we get someone who is significantly less physical, takes significantly less shots on net, is significantly overpaid because by your eye he is better in the neutral zone even though the Corsi for both disagrees with your eye? In my opinion they are pretty even right now but I expect Nurse to take another big step forward next year when he will be the same age as Lindholm is now. Nurse's progression after being drafted has gone slower as he has taken a while to grow into and develop into his body but he is a defenceman that is as strong as any defenceman in the NHL who can also skate as well as any defencemen in the NHL and is 24 years old.

Keep in mind that there were a number of people on this same board that were calling for Nurse + significant pieces to be traded for Justin Faulk. How many would say that now?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Puljujarvi + Lucic + Bear + EDM 2nd 2020
for
Toffoli + Phaneuf

Nurse
for
Nylander

Sign UFA Patrick Maroon

Matt Benning for 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Maroon McDavid Toffoli
Nylander Draisaitl Kassian
Benson RNH Gagner
Khaira Brodziak Chiasson
Yamamoto

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Phaneuf
Jones Russell
Bouchard

Suddenly forward depth starts to look ... OK.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Puljujarvi + Lucic + Bear + EDM 2nd 2020
for
Toffoli + Phaneuf

Nurse
for
Nylander

Sign UFA Patrick Maroon

Matt Benning for 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Maroon McDavid Toffoli
Nylander Draisaitl Kassian
Benson RNH Gagner
Khaira Brodziak Chiasson
Yamamoto

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Phaneuf
Jones Russell
Bouchard

Suddenly forward depth starts to look ... OK.

This board has gone mad. Nylander is so overpaid for so many years. He has always been one dimensional but streaky one dimensional is even worse. Toronto would laugh so hard to get rid of that contract and get Nurse for it when they are in such need of defencemen. They would laugh almost as much as Chicago when they dumped Manning on us. Maroon's time in the sun has come and gone. At 31 next year his best days are definetly not in front of him. He is not getting faster which is something he never had to begin with. In regards to the Toffoli trade........too much given up. Sorry.......I know most willk not agree with me because I have more optimism for Pool Party than most and at least Lucic can play in the top 9 forwards but Phaneuf cannot play defence anymore so we are going to have him join Manning in Bakersfield next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad