Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Post Deadline, Trades For Next Season and Beyond If/When We are Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IIRC trades can still be made but the players would be ineligible for the playoffs. Could we still see some moves from the Oilers trading with other non playoff teams if/when management writes the season off?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
IIRC trades can still be made but the players would be ineligible for the playoffs. Could we still see some moves from the Oilers trading with other non playoff teams if/when management writes the season off?

Lucic + Russell for Phaneuf + Martinez

Trade Nurse in the off-season for a top line forward.

Trade Pulju for a second line forward.

Gagner - McDavid - x
RNH - Drai - y
Benson - Cave - Kassian
Khaira - Brodziak - Marody

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Martinez
Phaneuf - Jones

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This guy is not an insider, but the trade wouldnt surprise me

Eberle for nothing
Hall for Connor friggin Brown

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What are the rules in regards to the AHL playoffs. If we acquire someone after the trade deadline, are they eligible to play?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What are the rules in regards to the AHL playoffs. If we acquire someone after the trade deadline, are they eligible to play?
I believe they have to be on the AHL roster at the time of the trade deadline aswell, so I don’t think they’d be eligible

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe if one of those "other pieces" was a signed Jake Gardiner.
I'd be fine with Kadri. Not sure he can play wing, but RNH and LD can so I think that would be a pretty decent 4 guys in our top 6.

Replacing Larsson however is another story.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'd be fine with Kadri. Not sure he can play wing, but RNH and LD can so I think that would be a pretty decent 4 guys in our top 6.

Replacing Larsson however is another story.

Yeah but why would the Leafs trade him? He's on a great deal and he's a pretty important player for them. I'd say his value is a lot higher than Larsson's.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
Rishaug said he thought Benning was probably the player being offered, which makes a lot more sense than Larsson.

As reported by NHLbyMatty sounds like Oilers took a run at getting Connor Brown from Leafs but couldn’t make a deal work. My guess, Benning would have been the player they were pitching in return.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Larsson was involved, more would've been coming back than Brown. K. Gretzky's whole motto has been not giving up the future and not losing deals. Larsson for Brown would've been a big time loss. Who do we pair with Klefbom with Lars gone?

Reactions: A91

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Rishaug said he thought Benning was probably the player being offered, which makes a lot more sense than Larsson.

As reported by NHLbyMatty sounds like Oilers took a run at getting Connor Brown from Leafs but couldn’t make a deal work. My guess, Benning would have been the player they were pitching in return.

Oilers: "We are interested in Connor Brown."

Leafs: "We like Larsson."

Oilers: "We'll give you Benning."

Leafs: "Make it Benning and Kassian."

Oilers: "Nah.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I think most GMs would take a 50 point C who is a two way beast over a one-dimensional second pairing D.
Got to pay value to get value. A player like Larsson isn’t sexy but players like him also don’t just fall out of trees. If Toronto wants to improve thier D it will cost more than Brown.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Got to pay value to get value. A player like Larsson isn’t sexy but players like him also don’t just fall out of trees. If Toronto wants to improve thier D it will cost more than Brown.

Connor Brown plus add-ons is closer to fair value for Larsson than Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad