Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Post Deadline, Trades For Next Season and Beyond If/When We are Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Nurse is a player I think we might need to sell high on and upgrade into a better dman. He's pretty bad in his own zone and puts up points on the pp with Connor/Leon. Sell high for once!
At the draft:

Nurse + our 1st + Pulju + 2020 2nd + Manning
For
Lindholm + Rakell

Build around:
X - Mcdavid - Rakell
Nuge - Drai - X

Lindholm - Larsson
Klefbom - X

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Nurse is a player I think we might need to sell high on and upgrade into a better dman. He's pretty bad in his own zone and puts up points on the pp with Connor/Leon. Sell high for once!
At the draft:

For
Lindholm + Rakell

Build around:
X - Mcdavid - Rakell
Nuge - Drai - X

Lindholm - Larsson
Klefbom - X
We could then ship off Russel and Brodziak to the highest bidder
Try and get rid of Gagner
Trade a 2nd + Bear for Johnsson (signed 6-7 years x 4.25m)
Sign Chiasson 2 years x 1.5m
Sign Tanev 3 years x 2.5m
Sign Brassard 2 years x 2.25m
Sign Dowd 2 years x 1.25m

Johnsson - Mcdavid - Rakell
Nuge - Drai - Chiasson
Tanev - Brassard - Marody
Khaira - Dowd - Kassian

Lindholm - Larsson
Klefbom - Jones
Sekera - Benning

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
The Manning trade along with the Koski contract was pure sabotage by PC as he went out the door and I won’t accept any other reason.

Nobody, not even Chiarelli, is that stupid.

Easily the worst season I have experienced as an Oiler fan. Especially with the Leafs and Flames doing so well.

Golf season cannot start soon enough.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
That seems like a no brainer to just keep him in the AHL. You save like $150k in one year's worth of savings to be penalized $660k the next year. Doesn't make sense.

But wouldn't you feel bad about keeping him in the minors? Think of his feelings. We should buy him out like Gryba so we don't feel bad. Then some other team can sign him for league minimum and then drop him into the AHL anyways.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That seems like a no brainer to just keep him in the AHL. You save like $150k in one year's worth of savings to be penalized $660k the next year. Doesn't make sense.
Thank god Chiarelli is gone.

This would be another Gryba situation.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
At the draft:

For
Lindholm + Rakell

Build around:
X - Mcdavid - Rakell
Nuge - Drai - X

Lindholm - Larsson
Klefbom - X
That trade seems too sweet for it to ever happen, big trades like that don't happen too often in-division. Nurse shows flashes that I at times waver in the thought of trading him, but I usually circle back to it being correct to try and trade high on him, when I'm certain on what he'll become, I'm guessing other GM's will be as well.

Not too many people were fans of trading Pulju when I advocated to do so, I know one of the trades I wanted was Pulju for Elias Lindholm about a year and a half ago well prior to him busting out, can't recall many people agreeing with me that it would of been a good idea at the time, but in hindsight it would of been amazing for us.

Reactions: 780il

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

More like 259K but you point in right on . Not worth an extra year for 250K

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
We could then ship off Russel and Brodziak to the highest bidder
Try and get rid of Gagner
Trade a 2nd + Bear for Johnsson (signed 6-7 years x 4.25m)
Sign Chiasson 2 years x 1.5m
Sign Tanev 3 years x 2.5m
Sign Brassard 2 years x 2.25m
Sign Dowd 2 years x 1.25m

Johnsson - Mcdavid - Rakell
Nuge - Drai - Chiasson
Tanev - Brassard - Marody
Khaira - Dowd - Kassian

Lindholm - Larsson
Klefbom - Jones
Sekera - Benning
Russell and particularly Gagner seem like locker room glue guys, not saying we couldn't benefit from moving them, but Hendricks even though he wasn't particularly good anymore did have a positive effect on our lockerroom culture, shouldn't totally discount the impact of subtracting character from the locker room.

I don't have the viewings on Johnsson to say whether or not he is deserving of that deal, seems like it has the potential to be great for us, but Toronto is a high scoring team in general, so I'm a bit timid about jumping headlong into that sort of deal for one of their relatively unproven guys.

I'd try to get B. Tanev for slightly cheaper, but that doesn't seem unreasonable for what the UFA market might dictate.

Brassard looked like a shadow of the player he used to be, a bounce back is possible, but I'd hold firm on a 1 year deal he needs to prove he's still got it. I'd hope we do our homework before taking on Brassard.

N. Dowd is probably an improvement on either of Brodziak or Cave, but I'm starting to see enough out of Cave that I kind of want to ride it out with him, he's also signed for dirt cheap so it's a bit of cap-savings just sticking with him. If Cave drops the ball we have a few options for 4th line C, I prefer Khaira on the wing, but he's an option, Currie, Marody, and McLeod (if he has another good camp) are also potential options.

Reactions: Homesick and 780il

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
RNH+ for Rakell

Change of scenery for both players. We finally get a right handed #2C

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
RNH+ for Rakell

Id trade our 1st for Rakell (an unknown) before I trade Nuge for him (better and established asset). Especially since we are probably out of Turcotte/Byram/Hughes/Kakko range with the 1st.

Also, Rakell is a winger. He's a finisher that can play both wings.

Reactions: Little Fury

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Oilers

Lucic (after bonus paid) + Pulj

for

Sens

Bobby Ryan

*** Ryan, although can be injury prone and his cap hit is larger then Lucic could slot into the top six and produce at a 60 point clip.

I honestly think we would have to sweeten the pot a little more and I doubt Lucic agrees to go to Ottawa lol.. but I think Ottawa may be interested in the fact they save real $$$.. and I think Ryan would excel playing in our top six with McDavid or draisaitl. Ryan also has one less year then Lucic.

I don't think Pulj would be enough.. but at least that money would be back in the top six and producing like it was intended to do when Lucic was signed.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Manning trade along with the Koski contract was pure sabotage by PC as he went out the door and I won’t accept any other reason.

Nobody, not even Chiarelli, is that stupid.

Easily the worst season I have experienced as an Oiler fan. Especially with the Leafs and Flames doing so well.

Golf season cannot start soon enough.
The fact that PC wasn't alone on Koskinen is scary.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The fact that PC wasn't alone on Koskinen is scary.
For those that think that PC went rogue and signed MK...

Have you ever sat in a boardroom in a multi million dollar business? I have. Try to tell me you are in an organization where a single gentleman (Who is not the owner) will decide to make a one time spend of $13.5 Million without having a discussion with the inner circle about it. If falls between "So you say there's a chance?" and "A snowball's chance in hell.".

Bob, PC, KG, Lowe, MacT, Green, Sutter & others possibly even Katz all would have sat there at the end and say..."Ok let's do it. Meeting ajourned." There is no other possible way it could have gone in my opinion.

Reactions: belair

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Been saying this for a while. You can’t buy out Manning. You demote him

RNH+ for Rakell

That’s horrible. Nuge has 58 points in 70 games while being our best defensive forward, but let’s ADD to him to get a winger with 31 points in the hopes that he can rebound, and play a position that he hasn’t been playing. That might be literally the worst idea I’ve ever heard on here.

If your trade depends on yet to be determined future moves to be a win, it's not a good trade.

Ya it’s the Eberle trade again. Let’s downgrade for capspace. That’ll fix the offense.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Russell and particularly Gagner seem like locker room glue guys, not saying we couldn't benefit from moving them, but Hendricks even though he wasn't particularly good anymore did have a positive effect on our lockerroom culture, shouldn't totally discount the impact of subtracting character from the locker room.

I don't have the viewings on Johnsson to say whether or not he is deserving of that deal, seems like it has the potential to be great for us, but Toronto is a high scoring team in general, so I'm a bit timid about jumping headlong into that sort of deal for one of their relatively unproven guys.

I'd try to get B. Tanev for slightly cheaper, but that doesn't seem unreasonable for what the UFA market might dictate.

Brassard looked like a shadow of the player he used to be, a bounce back is possible, but I'd hold firm on a 1 year deal he needs to prove he's still got it. I'd hope we do our homework before taking on Brassard.

N. Dowd is probably an improvement on either of Brodziak or Cave, but I'm starting to see enough out of Cave that I kind of want to ride it out with him, he's also signed for dirt cheap so it's a bit of cap-savings just sticking with him. If Cave drops the ball we have a few options for 4th line C, I prefer Khaira on the wing, but he's an option, Currie, Marody, and McLeod (if he has another good camp) are also potential options.

I liked the way Gagner has played . He seems to hit a lot more then I remember . He show more heart then most on this team and that in itself has value .

Reactions: North and Homesick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->