Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I completely believe that the first, Puljujarvi, a goaltender and more should be on the table for an upgrade to our forward situation. It just gives me pause WHO is making that trade.

We'll give up a lot for Schenn and then Tarasenko will be traded a week later for less.

Something like this is what I fear.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
St. Louis has a bunch of forwards I'd like on this roster, but I fully expect to hate the price we end up paying. And not one of them would I move the first for without some type of protection (top 10 most likely)

Pathetic that Nicholson told Chia that he is safe as long as playoffs come. Basically telling him to gut our future for a player that will either be gone, or severely declining in a couple years.

I want Maroon as a throw in if St. Louis is who we're talking with.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Talbot, Puljujarvi and the 1st for Jaden Schwartz.

If it's St. Louis, then it's probably either Schenn or Schwartz, in a deal just like this. But then, who do the Oilers have as a backup? Things could get seriously dicey in goal this off-season.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
This is the same “what have you done for me lately” rhetoric that got Hall and Eberle out of town for pennies.
I agree with trading Pulju for the right return, but not by this rhetoric
Hall led the team by a wide margin before he was traded away. You must mean Yakupov, Schultz, Dubnyk or Paajarvi who were dealt by this rhetoric for pennies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Great, now Nielson is in on this. He's the most reliable of the bunch.
I think he's just relaying information as he was at the draft I believe.

I mean sure they liked him at the draft, but do they still? Maybe enough to acquire him, but not enough to make us trade him

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
St. Louis has a bunch of forwards I'd like on this roster, but I fully expect to hate the price we end up paying. And not one of them would I move the first for without some type of protection (top 10 most likely)

Pathetic that Nicholson told Chia that he is safe as long as playoffs come. Basically telling him to gut our future for a player that will either be gone, or severely declining in a couple years.

I want Maroon as a throw in if St. Louis is who we're talking with.

Reider for Maroon as part of a larger deal makes a lot of sense IMO.

Reactions: Jarvi

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
This is the same “what have you done for me lately” rhetoric that got Hall and Eberle out of town for pennies.
I agree with trading Pulju for the right return, but not by this rhetoric

What have you done lately? Try what have you ever done. He has 35 points in 127 career games. That’s a freaking 23 point pace.

You want to throw a first rounder and another asset in on top of that?

For the right player, absolutely

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Any trade for a forward should have next year in mind rather than this one.

We have a talent gap and it can't be fixed, unless we find a taker for Looch + an asset and some salary eaten.

Also Sekera's and Russell's NMCs don't expire until July 1st, so those trades would have to be done after FAs sign, which puts us in a hole since they're competing with the UFA D and other teams won't want to take on cap in trades to cut into what they have to spend on targets.

I'm fine with a deal for a forward now if they have quality and we move assets we'd move anyway like Talbot. Trading Jesse would suck, since there's a player there that we've stunted by our crappy player development staff run by the OBC.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Ugh, where does it say we are giving that all up? That is what we have for trade pieces, not all three of those are going in a deal.

Jesse is an "and" asset.

Acquiring a meaningful forward would cost you much more than him, as teams by this point know he's a project with VERY high bust potential.

Reactions: 780il

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The problem with Puljarvi is the same thing we saw with MPS, Yak and even this year with Strome.

Keep hearing he's getting better, but never actually see any results. If you can turn him into a legit top 6 player with some term you do really have no choice but to do it.

On a side note, how long did Hitch say it would take him to have JP rounded out? Wasn't it a month or something?

Reactions: The Nuge

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
The problem with Puljarvi is the same thing we saw with MPS, Yak and even this year with Strome.

Keep hearing he's getting better, but never actually see any results. If you can turn him into a legit top 6 player with some term you do really have no choice but to do it.

On a side note, how long did Hitch say it would take him to have JP rounded out? Wasn't it a month or something?

Also Jesse is an RFA this summer, which certainly plays into it.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If it's St. Louis, then it's probably either Schenn or Schwartz, in a deal just like this. But then, who do the Oilers have as a backup? Things could get seriously dicey in goal this off-season.
The only forward I want from STL is ROR. He would instantly make us a contender. Improved faceoffs, PK, PP and leadership instantly. Doubt STL entertain trading him.

Schwartz has 3 goals this year. Pulju + 1st + Talbot when we are only 6pts up on LA (last in west) ..

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We aren't any good at drafting anyway. Bouchard, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi all looking to be horrible busts.

Trade the first rounder, Puljujarvi, and whatever else to get a high tier winger like Tarasenko. Hell, trade our 1st next year as well for two of them. We need at least 3 more wingers to have a chance at competing in this league.

Reactions: McLarsonator

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

I think the Oilers are moving Pulju as soon as Hitch tells them that he cant be fixed.
Hoping Hitch gets him going but i am not holding my breath here.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I still don't know why STL would blow everything up. Yes guys like Maroon, Boumweester, Gunarsson and maybe some other RFA's that have panned out should be dealt.

What tweaks have they made that all of a sudden they are in scorched earth mode?

Reactions: belair

Distinct

Mar 7, 2013
The only forward I want from STL is ROR. He would instantly make us a contender. Improved faceoffs, PK, PP and leadership instantly. Doubt STL entertain trading him.

Schwartz has 3 goals this year. Pulju + 1st + Talbot when we are only 6pts up on LA (last in west) ..

Hard pass on ROR. It seems wherever he plays the team is bad, or heads in that direction. See Colorado - improve once he is traded, then Buffalo - they improve once he is traded, and now St. Louis isn't living up to expectations with his addition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille