Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
After some thought. This feels exactly like the Strome/Spooner trade. Murray is obviously trying to shake up a team in a tailspin. Logically, the next step is the coach gets axed. Hopefully Eakins gets promoted.

I'm all for this but let's have them lose another, say, 10 games before getting the wonder coach!

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Chiarelli is an unmitigated disaster. The trades this year are just an exclamation point on why this man should not be put in charge of even a peewee roster. Talk of dealing our first shows how out of touch he is. Even making the playoffs gets you a first round sweep against SJ or Calgary. Actually start building a team.

I have no faith that anything will substantively change with Katz as the team's owner.

Chiarelli is viewed as a sucker now.
Oilers need to hire a new GM or get screwed on every trade. Other GMs just smell desperation now

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I think Edmonton needs to follow Calgary's strategy over the last couple years.
Edmonton is dangerously in the "outside of top ten pick, missed the playoffs" situation.

Why not trade the next couple of 1sts for legit defence man?
Examples of this:

Dougie Hamilton was acquired for a 1st (15th OV) and two 2nds.

Travis Hamonic was acquired for a 1st round pick (12th OV) and two 2nds.

Middle round 1st round picks are not going to help Edmonton now and with McDavid in his prime they need help immediately.

Trade Sekera to a basement team that needs cap. ( I think he still has some value if he comes back this year)
Ideally trade Lucic for peanuts but that is probably not going to happen, so trade Russel to a team that needs a defensive D.

Klefbom-Larson
new guy - new guy
Nurse - Benning/Jones
Petrovic (Send Manning to the moon)

Reactions: CycloneSweep

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
but the Oilers will be a regular playoff contender when its farm system starts churning out regular depth.

LOL
When will that be?
It's been 30 years and I'm still waiting for that to happen again

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
For all you armchair GMs, come sign up to an HFBoards GM Game!

It will last about two weeks. You choose a team and can make trades with other managers, and can sign RFAs and UFAs. It all takes place on HFBoards and is very well run.

You can be very active or not active at all. Come sign up here: GM Game 4 by SJS, PG, and JW Signups!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can't wait.

Trading the first rounder will be the trade that gets things to rock bottom. After that there's no more chips to spend.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

Oh man...

Lol they're giving chia another last chance after Manning has spent more time in the pressbox than on the ice?

What could possibly go wrong!

"Dont worry fans, chia may have traded out 2019/2020/2021 first rounders as well as JP and Bouchard, but he's gone now, that was the last straw, try not to hate the new gm who has nothing to work with and nothing to look forward to!"

- Nicholson at year end.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
tenor.gif

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Better not trade the first rounder.

Should trade Lucic (2-3 million retained) for whatever. This should be first thing done.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pulju and 1st for Erikson Ek. We can finally get the guy we wanted back with the Barzal pick in 2015! :)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lol they're giving chia another last chance after Manning has spent more time in the pressbox than on the ice?

What could possibly go wrong!

"Dont worry fans, chia may have traded out 2019/2020/2021 first rounders as well as JP and Bouchard, but he's gone now, that was the last straw, try not to hate the new gm who has nothing to work with and nothing to look forward to!"

- Nicholson at year end.
It's not just Chia anymore. All those morons are involved in this. Sutter, MacTavish, Howson, Scott and Green are all there "helping" PC.

Same as the brain trust the one year Tambo acquired Smithson. The whole room was excited outside of Stu who was losing a pick. Then as soon as they realize it was a bad move everyone blamed Tambo.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
So 1st round pick, Talbot, and Puljujarvi.

and or yamamoto. though they'd have to rid a contract like looch. i'm not quite sure they'll get that "dream fwd" back. the fwd will have some issues whether it'd be attitude, injury issues etc.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
At this point I'm actually curious to see what more damage Chia can do. It'll be tough, but I believe he has what it takes to set this team back another 2-3 years on top of the 2-3 years he already has.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Brace yourselves, we're about to get CHIA'd one last time (hopefully)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Oh man...

Kind of excited to upgrade up front, but also scared to death at what Chia’s going to do. I expect a slight upgrade in the short run, but a huge loss long term. Something like 1st + Puljujarvi + Spooner for David Perron.

Still pretty excited though. We may just get our 1st top 6 winger since we traded Eberle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA