Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I would not move Caleb Jones. He shows promise

Yes, which is why he has value and may be a necessary to complete a trade like that.

Outside of the four-to-six important full time NHLers, there is only one Oilers asset I would be hesitant to move for a clear upgrade: Evan Bouchard.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would not move Caleb Jones. He shows promise
He also has value. And he plays a role that isn't a significant need long term--LD. I'm not saying we should necessarily move him, but I wouldn't take him off the table in the right deal.

Distinct

Mar 7, 2013
Tarasenko would be the dream scenario for a buy low candidate if you can find a way to fit him under the cap. Can't see Chia getting it done though.

space321

May 11, 2011
I think the Oilers are moving Pulju as soon as Hitch tells them that he cant be fixed.
Hoping Hitch gets him going but i am not holding my breath here.

They could've just let him play in the AHL, but no, Hitchcock had to come in with his massive ego and his "i can fix everything" bullshit.

the mcdavid era

Jul 10, 2017
He also has value. And he plays a role that isn't a significant need long term--LD. I'm not saying we should necessarily move him, but I wouldn't take him off the table in the right deal.

Sure that's true. I guess it depends on who we trade for. If it's a legit top 6 winger like Stone, you absolutely move Caleb Jones if you have to

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They could've just let him play in the AHL, but no, Hitchcock had to come in with his massive ego and his "i can fix everything" bull****.

Pulju has massive issues that are simply due to lack of skill. He isn’t a great stick handler and he has terrible puck control. This isn’t Blake Wheeler learning how to use his frame or Jokinen learning how to use his speed. Pulju is closer to Steve Kelly than any of those players.

Reactions: frag2

oilcountry17

Aug 27, 2007
edmonton
Would St.louis do
Edmundson Tarasenko Binnington = 11.15 mil back
for Spooner Nurse Talbot Yamamoto 1st (top 3 protected becomes unprotected 1st 2020 ) & cond 2nd in 2020 if we make out of first round= 11.35 out

Drai McD Rattie
Tank Nuge Chia
Reider Khaira Pulj
Lucic Brodz Kassian
Gamb

Klef (when healthy) Lars
Edmundson Russel
Gravel Petro
Manning Benning

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Friedman said it's a buyer's market on Oilers Now on Friday.

Who the hell is holding Chia's beer? Give it back to him!

It's always a buyer's market, because the Oilers are always sellers.

The one year we were buyers, instead of trying to improve the team for a deep playoff run, chia needed more time to "evaluate" the roster.

I remember being so adamant about not taking for granted being in a playoff spot, only for the org to do exactly that, and we haven't sniffed the post season since.

Reactions: Cloned

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

The only way I move Jones right now is if someone takes Lucic's contract. Doubt anyone has the cap space or wants to do that, though.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
So Oilers brass are gonna let Chiarelli make another big move ... it’s just insane ... everyone knows this will result in an organizational downgrade in talent yet they are gonna let him try to fix his multiple mistakes ... wow

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Stone? Duchene? Tarasenko? LOL. put down the pipe, guys.

Unless Lucic is part of the deal, we're not seeing any of these names in Edmonton.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
The only way this is good is that we'll get a forward that we need for next year at deadline prices, and everyone will see how deep the rot goes in our organization.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sure that's true. I guess it depends on who we trade for. If it's a legit top 6 winger like Stone, you absolutely move Caleb Jones if you have to
I don't trade for Stone. He's too expensive, a UFA and he's in a position where part of his next deal is probably going to be a write off.

I think the Oilers are looking for a forward who can produce in the top six without McDavid, has term left on their deal and is still in their mid-20s. St Louis has made sense all year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us come together on a deal. Maroon will be in it if it does.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Stone? Duchene? Tarasenko? LOL. put down the pipe, guys.

Unless Lucic is part of the deal, we're not seeing any of these names in Edmonton.

Chia makes deals regardless of future cap implications. We saw that in Boston too.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Pulju has massive issues that are simply due to lack of skill. He isn’t a great stick handler and he has terrible puck control. This isn’t Blake Wheeler learning how to use his frame or Jokinen learning how to use his speed. Pulju is closer to Steve Kelly than any of those players.

I'm sure people watching them at the same age said the same thing.

I refuse to believe this kid was skilled enough to be a lock for a top 5 pick, but suddenly isn't skilled enough to turn into anything at 20.

You don't have a pre draft career like JP without skill.

Whether or not he turns into anything is yet to be seen, but to me it looks like his biggest issues are confidence and coordination. Two things that can be fixed with proper attention.

All that said, if he can return us a good top 6 forward, I have no issues moving him, I just don't agree with the notion that he's a bust, or isn't skilled.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Tbh I'd be happy with Talbot + Puljujarvi + 1st for Schwartz

(IF THE FIRST WAS TOP 10 PROTECTED)

Chia can do a lot worse than Schwartz with that package.

The key is to protect the first regardless

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Really hope we can squeak some value out of Pulju before everyone else realizes he's a bust.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Ideally I think we need a top 6 RW with some size/grit/scoring and a LW with some skill. If we are moving the 1st you'd think Ottawa would really want it with them not having one. We would need Stone to be extended and for the Sens to take back two of Benning/Spooner/Manning for it to work. Jaden Schwartz does make some sense too.

Benning, Spooner, Bear, 1st, conditional 2020 2nd for Stone (hopefully get Ottawa to retain a million or two.) .

Puljujarvi, Talbot, 2nd, for Schwartz

RNH McDavid Stone
Schwartz Drai Chiasson
Lucic Khaira Yamamoto
Rieder Brodziak Kassian

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm sure people watching them at the same age said the same thing.

I refuse to believe this kid was skilled enough to be a lock for a top 5 pick, but suddenly isn't skilled enough to turn into anything at 20.

You don't have a pre draft career like JP without skill.

Whether or not he turns into anything is yet to be seen, but to me it looks like his biggest issues are confidence and coordination. Two things that can be fixed with proper attention.

All that said, if he can return us a good top 6 forward, I have no issues moving him, I just don't agree with the notion that he's a bust, or isn't skilled.

Jarmo saw it from the beginning.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Bro this kid is 20 years old...

You know a guy like Olli Jokinen was on a 20 point pace for his first 4 seasons right?

Yeah, but the way the Oilers have screwed him up since day one makes me believe it may be better for us to use him as an asset if he won't get the development time he needs and end up a flawed player with a unreasonable cap hit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->