Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
They could've just let him play in the AHL, but no, Hitchcock had to come in with his massive ego and his "i can fix everything" bull****.
Isnt Jesse putting up something like 1.40 points/60 since Hitch brought him up? That is 2nd line production, folks. He will be good production at a reasonable cap hit if Chia can keep from flushing him for pennies.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

Oh man...

latest

Reactions: EternalFrost

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Can we please take the keys away from Chiarelli. The guy and his pro scouting staff havent made a good trade in awhile. Just going to continue to cripple this team.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Isnt Jesse putting up something like 1.40 points/60 since Hitch brought him up? That is 2nd line production, folks. He will be good production at a reasonable cap hit if Chia can keep from flushing him for pennies.

Well put. Need to keep him for the "depth" everyone talks about

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
That Rishaug tweet is absolutely terrifying with Chia at the helm.

There is absolutely no chance in hell I am dealing our first rounder this year, or any sort of high potential forward.

I don't even think acquiring a guy who can score 40 is going to push this team into the playoffs this year. The depth is still way too poor.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Puljujarvi,picks ,Talbot/Sekera , Manning to Carolina for Ferland and Hamilton , picks depend on if oilers make playoffs .. make it this he .. 2019 1st and 2020 2nd, miss playoffs become 2020 1st and 2019 2nd

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ok, here's my prediction:

Talbot + Puljujarvi + top5 protected 1st + 2020 2nd
For
Zibanejad

Rangers sell high on Zibby who has been great for them. They get a good prospect, a 1st, and could nab a 2nd for Talbs at the deadline, along with the other 2nd we give them.

Oilers get their gritty goal scoring right shot forward. Zibby plays a big heavy game but can pass and score. On pace for 67 points and plays all 3 forward positions. On a steal of a contract as well, 5.35 million for 3 years after this one and he's only 25 rn. Also, he plays the Ovi spot on the pp and has a great one timer, something we could really use. The Rangers move on at the deadline because Zibby has a full NMC starting this summer.

What do you think? Zibby is the perfect fit for us and I've been advocating trading for him for a while.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Jarmo saw it from the beginning.

Saw what from the beginning?

A lack of skill?

He may seem like a genius now for that move, but there were still 27 other gms who were ready to pick jp third overall.

One head scout having a feeling doesn't convince me the kid has no skill.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Bro this kid is 20 years old...

You know a guy like Olli Jokinen was on a 20 point pace for his first 4 seasons right?
I know eh
He won't command a true top 6 winger, his trade value is too low. So selling him for a little bit of nothing makes zero sense. Let the kid develop, he's slowly gaining traction under a coach that believes in him. His 200 foot game is really trending up. He could be something special with hard work, experience and confidence

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Saw what from the beginning?

A lack of skill?

He may seem like a genius now for that move, but there were still 27 other gms who were ready to pick jp third overall.

One head scout having a feeling doesn't convince me the kid has no skill.

In hindsight it should have been a red flag that a well respected Finnish GM with loads of scouting experience decided not to pick the “obvious” Finnish forward.

Reactions: McDreamy

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think if you add a first line forward and a second line forward to this team (like a legitimate 60+ and 40+ point player), they do make the playoffs, and depending on the calibre I think they at least have the potential to make some noise. You just can't win in this league when you have two guys who score nearly all of your goals. Add two top six forwards and the team's production probably goes up a full goal per game, if I had to guess. Then you just pray that Klefbom can come back in good shape.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Like I mentioned last week, I think that it's inevitable Puljujarvi will be moved for a more currently productive asset. Just looking at our depth chart there are two RW slots available in our top six. Assuming Draisaitl is going to be one of them long-term, that leaves only one spot for Puljujarvi moving forward. Chiasson has come in and is currently eating JP's lunch. Considering JP's waiver eligibility kicks in next season, it's time to start wondering where he fits on this roster.

There may still be a player there, but it's a risk to keep trying to pull it out of him. If somebody is willing to give us something of value for him today, you move him. Otherwise, I think it's probably a good idea to send him home next season.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Chia traded away Strome, Caggiula, a 3rd and a 6th. That package is close enough to return us Dzingel.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A smart GM could probably make it work. Our GM is not smart.

Those are simple moves that even could make. It would leave a big hole in our prospect pool and the picks might end up being lottery picks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad