Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
At least Niku has played a lot on his off-side.

Makes a best case scenario something like:

Morrissey-Niku
Samberg-Byfuglien
Stanley-Poolman
Green/Nogier

Definitely not as pretty as best case scenario with Trouba in that equation, but could still work...
I like the idea of Samberg with Byfuglien. He's a mobile D that is good in his own zone and very smart with the puck. He makes great passes, both short and long, from what I've seen.

Trouba in the mix definitely makes the Jets' D situation much sexier, though...

Morrissey-Trouba
Samberg-Buff
Niku-Poolman

Niku moves up to 2nd pair with Samberg if / when Buff moves on...

Morrissey-Trouba
Samberg-Niku
Stanley-Poolman

Samberg and Niku sure have improved the look of the Jets' D pipeline over the past couple of seasons.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Rangers fan stopping by. What sort of pieces are you guys looking to add for a playoff run this year, anything of interest from the Rangers? I see that Roslovic is stuck behind your top 9 with hardly any ice time, was wondering if he could be had

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Rangers fan stopping by. What sort of pieces are you guys looking to add for a playoff run this year, anything of interest from the Rangers? I see that Roslovic is stuck behind your top 9 with hardly any ice time, was wondering if he could be had
Skjei would be of interest. Maybe Pionk, but I'm not high on him.

Not much else of interest, to be honest.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Agreed, but guessing his answer is that Skjei is likely not available. Lol.

Anyone is available for the right price, but considering the circumstances of our rebuild (and defensive core) moving Skjei does much more harm than good for us. Not to mention he just signed a long term contract, so that would reflect very poorly on our management when we are looking to add some UFAs down the road

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Anyone is available for the right price, but considering the circumstances of our rebuild (and defensive core) moving Skjei does much more harm than good for us. Not to mention he just signed a long term contract, so that would reflect very poorly on our management when we are looking to add some UFAs down the road

For sure totally understood. Those were reasons why I was thinking he's not a guy that the Rangers are looking to move.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

Curious to get some feedback on Zibinejad.....is he playing well....can he set guys up?

Reactions: DRW204

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He has looked great, trigger man on the PP and has driven our offense thus far. I peg him as a 30/30 guy, hes got a shoot first attitude but very good vision.

Can’t see Roslovic being available barring a great young D coming back.....Jack is too good

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Sabres fan here wondering if Trouba could be had for something that doesn’t include Ristolainen.

I’d assume you guys would want more of a 1-1 deal, but lately when guys are traded before getting big contracts, it’s usually for pieces.

I was thinking something around...

Brendan Guhle OR Will Borgen
+
2019 1st Round Pick (Via San Jose)
+
Marcus Davidsson or CJ Smith

If you’d prefer a roster player, Jake McCabe could possibly be had instead of one of the prospect defensemen. He’s played well this year, is a LHD but has a lot of experience on the right side.

Thanks.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Chiarot plays so well in front of the net, how come opponents get so many shots in front of the Jets net, especially on the left side, with Chiarot on the ice?

He gives up possession quite a bit from turning over the puck in the neutral zone. Which I think leads to scrambled defense. But Jerabek I found as a player to be particulaly soft in boxing out, and a goalie's worst nightmare is 2nd chances. That's just my opinion.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sabres fan here wondering if Trouba could be had for something that doesn’t include Ristolainen.

I’d assume you guys would want more of a 1-1 deal, but lately when guys are traded before getting big contracts, it’s usually for pieces.

+
+

If you’d prefer a roster player, Jake McCabe could possibly be had instead of one of the prospect defensemen. He’s played well this year, is a LHD but has a lot of experience on the right side.

Thanks.
You're nice and polite about it, but the prevailing thought is the Jets will hold onto Trouba for a playoff run, make one last attempt to sign him and then deal him in the entry draft - free agency window for the best offer. And I'm hoping it is for more then what you have suggested.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

+
+

Thanks.
I think it would be different if you threw in your 1st pick not the one from San Jose which is looking like a top 4 team.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What about a 2020 1st? Or is that too far off?

What makes you think you want Trouba? I haven't seen his list of preferred places to sign but I be very surprised if Buffalo is on it. Buffalo is not his childhood home, is not a major market, it is not close to his girl friend and it is not a contender.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
What makes you think you want Trouba? I haven't seen his list of preferred places to sign but I be very surprised if Buffalo is on it. Buffalo is not his childhood home, is not a major market, it is not close to his girl friend and it is not a contender.
That would be for them to figure out. If they want him and are willing to pay a king's ransom for 1 year let them.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Something of interest..... So.. Chevy met with Overcharge on Wednesday back in Winnipeg, followed by a meeting with Myer's agent on Saturday in Toronto. Timing is interesting.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That would be for them to figure out. If they want him and are willing to pay a king's ransom for 1 year let them.

Of course. I wouldn't turn down a good deal. My question was what makes that Buffalo fan think he wants Trouba, given that Trouba is unlikely to sign there.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Something of interest..... So.. Chevy met with Overcharge on Wednesday back in Winnipeg, followed by a meeting with Myer's agent on Saturday in Toronto. Timing is interesting.
If Myers gets an extension, it means that Trouba is gone after this season.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Timing is scary if you ask me. Overhardt says no on Wednesday. Chevy is thinking yes on Saturday. That's a double whammy.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
If Myers gets an extension, it means that Trouba is gone after this season.

Not necessarily. It completely depends on what Myers signs for. If he gets a raise, or even matches his current average, then yeah, you're probably right. However, if he signs somewhere near $3-$3.5, I don't think that pushes Trouba out the door.

The problem is with Schmidt resigning in Vegas and Ellis in Nashville, the number of quality D available is dwindling which raises the stock in Myers. The debate about Myers being a quality D notwithstanding, he stands to earn a good contract this summer if he hits the market based on reputation alone. I believe that the Jets could sign him cheaply, but they'd be the only team that could. If he hits the market, teams will bid against each other. He still holds value in the league, but I think he and the Jets understand the landscape in Winnipeg would require him to sign a smaller contract, and if he wants to stay, he'll do so.

Should they resign Myers? Completely different question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad