Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
For D men? Or has the idea they are different been debunked?

That may be when improvement levels off but then there is a plateau period, not an immediate decline.

Also, the avg numbers include all those players who just weren't all that good to begin with. I think the numbers are different for better players, no?

The peak for forwards, defenders, and goalies are at the same point. It's a false idea that has been perpetuated as common knowledge that defenders take longer to develop.

The only thing different with defenders is that they tend to enter the NHL later and there is no evidence supporting coaches/GMs in that decision. It's likely just because if a dman makes a mistake you notice the negative outcomes more, so decision makers are more averse to risk to a fault and tend to go with the devil they know vs the one they don't. (See Niku)

As to plateauing, anyone can and cannot plateau. The curve for the average of the population however does not really plateau. That said, coaches being slow in trusting/reacting to youth performance causes ice time to counter act that slow down that happens after the peak. For example: P/60 peaks around 24-25 but ppg used to peak at around 28-29. You would see a similar gap in WAR/60 vs WAR, or CD/60 vs CD or CF%.

Note: Analytics, the speed of the modern game, and whatnot has started to shift the league slightly towards being a more efficient league... so the P/60 vs PPG peak gaps is likely not as what it once was.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Get Brossoit on a role and then trade him for a LHD. (To Philly for Proverov. Throw in Myers to seal the deal.)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I got a LHD we can target... ;)
Dqidl-xWoAEGajw.jpg

Reactions: ps241 and Whileee

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ppl wanted to buy VESA out if KHL doesn't work and we need Enstrom more than Vesa this season. He's still better than Morro or Chariot.
He went home to finish out his career, the ship has sailed. He wasn't staying in the NHL unless someone threw him a pile of money which wasn't happening at this point in his career.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
What about Muzzin?

Contract fits our window. Find a way to dump Kulikov or Myers and fits even better. If LA rebuilds they'll be looking for young assets.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Muzzin would be great. He would bring some stability to our 2nd pairing and give one of Chiapet or Morrow easier matchups with Myers.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Jets need to go all in on Jake Gardiner next summer in free agency as a Trouba replacement. We simply cannot go on ice next season with just Buff and Morrissey as the two established d-men and a bunch of question marks.

Trouba for Sanheim plus 1st or Konecny

Don't think Flyers make that trade unless they get desperate. Hextall has Chevy like patience in his philosophy of "draft and develop".

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If you want Provorov from Philly, Myers and Brossoit ain't gonna cut it unless you are adding Roslo and a 1st. The 1st for sure.

Chabot and a re-signed Stone for Myers, Lemieux and Wheeler.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
Would you trade for Kevin Hayes from the Rangers? Nick Kypreos reports he is an available left shot center that the Jets are missing.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
What the team is missing is the expected level of play from some of our star players.

It's nice to know there are some fans like you that don't want to trade 2-3 players everytime we have a little 2 game losing slump. I mean Tampa just lost 7-1 tonight against the Coyotes. Could you imagine these boards if that was the Jet's who got blown out 7-1 by the Coyotes --the posters here would put the team up for sale, or definitely trade a good half of the team.

We're going to lose games, have slumps, etc. All we need to do right now, is get our other lines scoring --like the 2nd and 3rd line, and we'll be right up there.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am not innocent in calling for changes when the team is sucking but try and be reasonable. With Laine, for example, even though I am not a huge fan of his style of play I know there is almost zero chance he gets traded in spite of his lackluster play.

As for Tampa Bay, they lost 7 - 1 to the Coyotes.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Would you trade for Kevin Hayes from the Rangers? Nick Kypreos reports he is an available left shot center that the Jets are missing.

He would cost 1st + + as a rental. At least 1 of the pluses would be significant. Unlike last year, Little is playing well. We don't have the same need for a C that we had last year. No (within reason) way we would be able to afford to keep Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->