Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think anyone we (HF posters) are willing to move will fetch a 1st round pick 2 days before the draft. It would take a bigger move with a significant piece in play IMO.
So what is a Perreault worth?
I just see what a guy like Hartman fetches at deadline (i know those sell higher) and I think two years of Perreault is appealing to teams.
Just look at what Tatar fetched for crying out loud. I know it's not the deadline but wouldn't people take that return for Perreault?

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think anyone we (HF posters) are willing to move will fetch a 1st round pick 2 days before the draft. It would take a bigger move with a significant piece in play IMO.

Or a dumb GM like Charilie to get desperate. He traded a mid first round pick for Griffen Rheinhardt for crying out loud. Trading one for Myers isn't stretch imo.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Or a dumb GM like Charilie to get desperate. He traded a mid first round pick for Griffen Rheinhardt for crying out loud. Trading one for Myers isn't stretch imo.
Agreed. There is always the hope of a dumb ass move by another GM, but it is hard to hang your hat on.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I would think any team dealing for him would try to get a handshake on a contract agreement that they could finalize July 1st before trading for him.
That I agree with. But then his value goes way up. There would be two very different offers tabled in the two different scenarios.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, I have no idea what goes on in Oiler land but to me it almost looks like Chareli is waiting for players on the roster that predated his arrival to have sub par years so that he has an excuse to trade them.

Sold low on Hall
Sold Eberle for 50 cents on the dollar
Hopkins was on the market until he had a good year
Now Klef is on the market due to a mediocre season..

Just some real dumb asset management going on over in E town.

Yea it would not be odd for Chia to shoot his foot off again.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
They might if you add a Petan or Dano or Copp
I can see Myers, petan and a 4th rnder for the Oilers' pick.
but i can also see Edmonton wanting to dump a contract our way if they're taking Myers, which obvs won't help us.

that said...are there many value prospects in this year's draft?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I can see Myers, petan and a 4th rnder for the Oilers' pick.
but i can also see Edmonton wanting to dump a contract our way if they're taking Myers, which obvs won't help us.

that said...are there many value prospects in this year's draft?
That won't get you the #10 OA pick.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Don't see the Jets doing anything to get a 1st round pick. Not that they don't want to, but the asking price will be too high IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: rehf

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I could see Myers plus for Klef and 10. I believe people are under rating myers and over rating klef a bit here . IMO, Oilers need a right-hand pp qb.. Myers could be that guy... I think there's a fit there and i think Chia easily moves 10 also.. Oilers want and need to win now.. His ass is likely on the line.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
What would MP fetch? Myers is a stretch to get a first without and add cause his contract ends soon.

Honestly I think and I could be wrong, but the best the Jets can get for Perreault is a pair of 2nd round picks. I’d even take Montreal’s own 2018 pick and their 2019 2nd. Doesn’t have to be two in 2018.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

there ya go.
and a guy like Chiarelli can likely be fooled.
probably looking for a guy better than Myers and probably looking to shift some salary back to the Jets

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Myers + Petan + a conditional pick (condition is either if Myers re-signs OR games played by Petan)

Can't see Chia passing that up

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

there ya go.
and a guy like Chiarelli can likely be fooled.
probably looking for a guy better than Myers and probably looking to shift some salary back to the Jets

I'm just shocked..... JK

Knew Charelie would be actively shopping said pick for a dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad