Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yes, the NMC was retroactive to cover the last year of his current deal (2017-18). So it's not an option. And I doubt he'd waive.

Yea that settles it then. There is no way Little is going to waive his NMC (and rightfully so) as soon his team starts winning after spending his entire career on a losing team.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd be in on Tavares if we think Niku can step into the top 4 and we can trade Myers+Perreault

Imagine
Connor - Tavares - Laine
Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler

as the top 6.

Assuming 6mil for all of Connor, Helle, Trouba, Jomo, and 8mil for Laine and Wheeler I'm pretty sure we can squeeze it.

Lots of ELCs in the bottom 6 though for that to work

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I could see Edmonton being in on Myers but they would need an extension agreed to before the trade. He is not the PP QB they are looking for but he would help in that regard.

I doubt they trade Klefbom but who knows with Chia he is unpredictable.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd be in on Tavares if we think Niku can step into the top 4 and we can trade Myers+Perreault

Imagine
Connor - Tavares - Laine
Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler

as the top 6.

Assuming 6mil for all of Connor, Helle, Trouba, Jomo, and 8mil for Laine and Wheeler I'm pretty sure we can squeeze it.

Lots of ELCs in the bottom 6 though for that to work
Pretty sure you'd need to free up a lot more room than just MP and Myers. Taking a quick look at the numbers you'd have over $70 M tied up in 10 players. You'd need 13 ELC contracts (or close to NHL minimum) with no performance bonuses and you'd still be over the cap. And gone would also be the likes of Lowry, Copp, Armia etc.

Not saying the Jets couldn't sign Tavares and make it work, but Chevy would need to really carve out space.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I could see Edmonton being in on Myers but they would need an extension agreed to before the trade. He is not the PP QB they are looking for but he would help in that regard.

I doubt they trade Klefbom but who knows with Chia he is unpredictable.

He has been rumored to be avaiable for a while now but who really knows. I could see us doing a package around Myers for him. I don't see it happening with Trouba. If he isn't willing to sign with is why would he for Edmonton.

Reactions: ps241

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I just don't see why Stastny would want to go to Colorado after being in Winnipeg and seeing how close we are. Obviously money is an issue but you'd have to think Winnipeg would be one of the best places to close out your career if you're looking to win the cup in the next few years.
$$$$...the best offer WPG can muster up can likely be doubled by COL. then add the family ties and young up and coming PO team.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If we are possibly trading Myers, would Toronto for their 1st and a B level prospect be fair?
that would be fair value imo, not sure who you exactly consider B level (Rasanen?). But I think they need more of a defensive d-man rather than an offensive catalyst. I like his fit in EDM but I don't see Myers worth the 10th . If WSH loses Carlson, maybe Myers as a replacement? FLA was another team that I thought could use him but talking to fans they want RD who is a little more defensive oriented with already having offensive catalysts.

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
that would be fair value imo, not sure who you exactly consider B level (Rasanen?). But I think they need more of a defensive d-man rather than an offensive catalyst. I like his fit in EDM but I don't see Myers worth the 10th . If WSH loses Carlson, maybe Myers as a replacement? FLA was another team that I thought could use him but talking to fans they want RD who is a little more defensive oriented with already having offensive catalysts.

Flyers are looking for a veteran right shot dman.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Flyers are looking for a RHD and also looking to move Simmonds.
Something around Myers + Perrault for Simmonds + D prospect (Hagg/Myers?). Other assets could be used to balance out on either side. We get an upgrade on wing and cap space. Simmonds deal expires at the end of this year which gives us more flexability moving forward.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Something around Myers + Perrault for Simmonds + D prospect (Hagg/Myers?). Other assets could be used to balance out on either side. We get an upgrade on wing and cap space. Simmonds deal expires at the end of this year which gives us more flexability moving forward.
The last thing the Jets need is another winger, especially on the R side. They already have Wheeler, Laine, Roslovic and Armia. Simmonds is mostly a threat on the PP, and the Jets already have a ton of talent for the PP.

If the Jets are moving Myers and Perreault, then I think they should upgrade C, or perhaps LD.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Flyers are looking for a veteran right shot dman.
Myers for futures seems a bit contrary to what Hextall has been doing the past year. I don't think he'd move futures for Myers. I could see a deal for Simmonds+ for Ellis if he covets a RD badly, or alternatively Simmonds for futures. We have no need for Simmonds.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
The last thing the Jets need is another winger, especially on the R side. They already have Wheeler, Laine, Roslovic and Armia. Simmonds is mostly a threat on the PP, and the Jets already have a ton of talent for the PP.

If the Jets are moving Myers and Perreault, then I think they should upgrade C, or perhaps LD.
I definitely agree with what you said. My thought process was more long term solution with an intimidate upgrade on the wing for another run this upcoming season. Think of it this way, come playoffs would you rather Simmonds or Perrault? It gives us 5.15 M in cap space, with Simmons coming off the books at the end of the season. This is also assuming that Roslovic is moved to C. I'm not sure if Simmonds has expereince playing both wings or not but Simmonds would slot ahead of Armia without question. We don't need wingers, but maybe there arn't any C's or LHD that fit in our cap structure, maybe there are who knows. I wont argue it, just giving my prospective and thought process behind the proposal.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
$$$$...the best offer WPG can muster up can likely be doubled by COL. then add the family ties and young up and coming PO team.
If we keep all of our RFAs, we won't be able to offer anything to Stastny.

Colorado, on the other hand, is under the cap floor with no one of significance to sign.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If we keep all of our RFAs, we won't be able to offer anything to Stastny.

Colorado, on the other hand, is under the cap floor with no one of significance to sign.
They have real life currency and lots of trade currency to make some moves. They need a new 2nd line imo. Sign Stastny and perhaps a trade for Skinner immensely aid their secondary scoring

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He has been rumored to be avaiable for a while now but who really knows. I could see us doing a package around Myers for him. I don't see it happening with Trouba. If he isn't willing to sign with is why would he for Edmonton.

Thanks for the heads up I wasn't aware of that rumor. Wow how fast guys can fall, last year at about this time Klefbom was pretty highly regarded.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks for the heads up I wasn't aware of that rumor. Wow how fast guys can fall, last year at about this time Klefbom was pretty highly regarded.

Yeah, I don't get it. Even with a down year, a quick glance at his stats on corsica say he didn't have an awful year for the money he's making. I'd jump at the chance to get him while his values down, especially if Chia thinks he's part of the "change" thats needed. Would be an awesome second pairing dman with Buff. 4.1 mil until the end of the 22-23 season.

Would cost more than Myers though.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.

While I do agree, a winger is the last thing the Jets need, but they could then turn around and flip Simmonds to one of NYI, Devils, Rangers etc for a 1st as Philadelphia would never trade Simmonds to a divisional rival.

Just pointing out that if it’s not a real fit, a second move could be pre orchestrated.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
One knock is that Klefbom is oft-injured. But you know how a goalie having a shit year can make his defenseman look worse than they are? His PDO was .974. Buy low/Sell high, Chevy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad