Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I could see Myers plus for Klef and 10. I believe people are under rating myers and over rating klef a bit here . IMO, Oilers need a right-hand pp qb.. Myers could be that guy... I think there's a fit there and i think Chia easily moves 10 also.. Oilers want and need to win now.. His ass is likely on the line.

I'd do Myers for Klef straight up, in a heartbeat. That would mean having to open some cap space elsewhere - but I'd still do it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Honestly I think and I could be wrong, but the best the Jets can get for Perreault is a pair of 2nd round picks. I’d even take Montreal’s own 2018 pick and their 2019 2nd. Doesn’t have to be two in 2018.

I have a hard time figuring Perreault's value. I think I'm too close. To me he should easily be worth a mid or late 1st but maybe I'm being optimistic. I would also accept 2 early to mid 2nds, preferably both '18. That way you know what you are getting.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Whats being offered by the Jets wont get 10 OA from the Oilers, what they would want we aren't giving up.

I think nothing happens. I'm not even going to watch the draft.

We have 6 picks in this draft but the first is #60. Odds are we don't get any NHL player out of this draft. We could get lucky but that would defy the odds.

Reactions: bustamente

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This UFA class for Dmen is pretty weak. Other than Carlson, Mike Green is of similar ilk of Myers but older. If a team is looking to improve their Dman, Myers, if available will garner interest

I agree with the bold - but Green scores more than Myers and is a lot better defensively.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
it is so quiet. I have a feeling the Jets are going to do something fairly big this weekend, involving getting back into the first round.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I think nothing happens. I'm not even going to watch the draft.

We have 6 picks in this draft but the first is #60. Odds are we don't get any NHL player out of this draft. We could get lucky but that would defy the odds.

Agreed, this years draft, the first round at least was neutered when we traded for Stastny, now Chevy might pull a fast one but in all probability we sit the first round out, and the rest of the draft is a crap shoot.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed, this years draft, the first round at least was neutered when we traded for Stastny, now Chevy might pull a fast one but in all probability we sit the first round out, and the rest of the draft is a crap shoot.

I wouldn't mind if Chevy traded for an earlier 2nd as well but I honestly don't expect Chevy to do anything. If he does something, I will hear about it soon enough. That being a low probability, I don't have any interest in watching.

I've posted here about possible trades but it is just off-season talk. My expectations are very low.

Reactions: bustamente

Whileee

May 29, 2010
As I've noted before, prices for picks are really inflated now with all the hype that GMs get caught up with. I am fine with Chevy focusing on putting together the best possible roster for next season. That's what you do when you are a 52-win team that finished second overall in the standings. Trading for futures isn't really the priority right now, unless it's to free up some cap room to add another key roster player.

Reactions: Flair Hay

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Honestly I think and I could be wrong, but the best the Jets can get for Perreault is a pair of 2nd round picks. I’d even take Montreal’s own 2018 pick and their 2019 2nd. Doesn’t have to be two in 2018.
After reading what Dorian said today it echoed my feelings from yesterday, he is keeping this pick wants a good lineup next year so Avs don't get high pick. I still think their second first rounder can be had for Perreault. They need players that can play! And MP can play and help them. And we get a first and cap space for Stastny. Heck throw in Petan for picks and Sens can be Corsi fiends!

Reactions: Guerzy

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
As I've noted before, prices for picks are really inflated now with all the hype that GMs get caught up with. I am fine with Chevy focusing on putting together the best possible roster for next season. That's what you do when you are a 52-win team that finished second overall in the standings. Trading for futures isn't really the priority right now, unless it's to free up some cap room to add another key roster player.

We need to free up some cap. We can't keep everybody. This is not a choice. Maybe I should expect more in the next 2 days. :laugh: By my best guesstimate we will be 2 mil over with bonuses and no extra cap hit from injuries.

Reactions: Maukkis

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I wouldn't mind if Chevy traded for an earlier 2nd as well but I honestly don't expect Chevy to do anything. If he does something, I will hear about it soon enough. That being a low probability, I don't have any interest in watching.

I've posted here about possible trades but it is just off-season talk. My expectations are very low.

Really 1 of the first days that I have poked around the Jets threads mostly because of not having a first and not expecting any action by the Jets and the weather being so nice, moving up in the 2nd could happen if they have a guy in mind who falls out of the 1st.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some random thoughts from Chevy today...

Petan seems like a strong possibility to be moved... Chevy didn't downplay the notion that he might need to get his NHL shot elsewhere.

Seems unlikely the Jets will try to trade into the first round. Chevy noted that prices for picks are at a peak at this time of year...

Didn't rule out signing Stastny, but again indicated it would be tough...

Is mainly focused on negotiations with RFAs to get the roster set up for the future...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Petan seems like a strong possibility to be moved... Chevy didn't downplay the notion that he might need to get his NHL shot elsewhere.

Seems unlikely the Jets will try to trade into the first round. Chevy noted that prices for picks are at a peak at this time of year...

Is mainly focused on negotiations with RFAs to get the roster set up for the future...
Boring! Thx for wrecking my weekend! :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Those are along my thoughts. I think we see at least one marquee contract signing announced tomorrow and we may possibly see a trade of some sorts but I am not expecting a big blockbuster.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Do you have a link to the interview?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Thanks, Chevy. Throw in a possible Bomber loss and a lame 3rd jersey reveal, it could be a banner night.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks, Chevy. Throw in a possible Bomber loss and a lame 3rd jersey reveal, it could be a banner night.
Chevy should force a desperate trade so you have your Friday night covered off? If the value isn't there Chevy won't trade for the sake of making a trade.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Chevy should force a desperate trade so you have your Friday night covered off? If the value isn't there Chevy won't trade for the sake of making a trade.
I was just hopeful for a trade of player for pick to clear space for Stastny next week. Only way I see Stastny signed, otherwise even I will lose all hope in that happening.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I love the fact that Chevy is sticking to a steady approach and recognizes the priorities, and isn't planning to overpay for picks with inflated asking prices. Steady on, Chevy. It'll still be a great Manitoba weekend.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was just hopeful for a trade of player for pick to clear space for Stastny next week. Only way I see Stastny signed, otherwise even I will lose all hope in that happening.
You can still be hopeful for a trade. Chevy won't just make a bad move so he gets to go to the podium tomorrow night.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I do think Surixon might be right that Chevy will appease Jets fans with the announcement of his first big FRA signing tomorrow. Could also see see some smaller moves Saturday (Petan and/or Dano) for pick replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->