Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Silly to speculate about Trouba to the Oilers, IMO.

I think Myers is an interesting candidate for a trade to the Oilers, though.

Klefbom would be an interesting basis for the return, but I doubt the Oilers would want to part with him. Also, the Jets are going to be stretched with their cap this season, so unless they can move Kulikov (which seems unlikely right now), Klefbom's salary might give them a short-term squeeze unless they can also move Perreault.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Silly to speculate about Trouba to the Oilers, IMO.

I think Myers is an interesting candidate for a trade to the Oilers, though.

Klefbom would be an interesting basis for the return, but I doubt the Oilers would want to part with him. Also, the Jets are going to be stretched with their cap this season, so unless they can move Kulikov (which seems unlikely right now), Klefbom's salary might give them a short-term squeeze unless they can also move Perreault.

Klefbom is signed to an attractive contract for 5 more years. It isn't this year that we would have a problem so much as the other 4. Unless Klef is somehow broken he would be worth finding a way to make room for. It might require doing something painful.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Will we see a trade for us at the draft? Maybe we can get a nice pick/good young player.

Myers + Petan for Klefbom? Maybe we can get that Poolparty kid for cheap. It doesn’t seem like he’s had too good of a beginning there in Edmonton (just looking at the basic stats).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Thanks for the heads up I wasn't aware of that rumor. Wow how fast guys can fall, last year at about this time Klefbom was pretty highly regarded.

Yeah, I have no idea what goes on in Oiler land but to me it almost looks like Chareli is waiting for players on the roster that predated his arrival to have sub par years so that he has an excuse to trade them.

Sold low on Hall
Sold Eberle for 50 cents on the dollar
Hopkins was on the market until he had a good year
Now Klef is on the market due to a mediocre season..

Just some real dumb asset management going on over in E town.

Reactions: DRC

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Given that we don't have a first round pick at the draft I am expecting an announcement of some kind, similar to what has happened on past important days. I can see one or two major signings announced unless he pulls off a trade for a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Moon Man

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
a pretty reliable bird mentioned to me that we should be hearing about a Connor Hellebyuck 6x6 contract fairly soon.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
a pretty reliable bird mentioned to me that we should be hearing about a Connor Hellebyuck 6x6 contract fairly soon.

That is about what i was projecting. I would prefer 5 years for a goalie but I will be fine with that.

Edit:

That would also fit with with my theory of a big draft day signing.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers, MP, Armia and next year's 1st for 10th and next year's 2nd round pick and RNH (1.25 retained).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That is about what i was projecting. I would prefer 5 years for a goalie but I will be fine with that.

Edit:

That would also fit with with my theory of a big draft day signing.
Helly just ended up 2nd in Vezina voting. I'd be happy with 6 X 6. And announcing draft day is fine with me.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Helly just ended up 2nd in Vezina voting. I'd be happy with 6 X 6. And announcing draft day is fine with me.

Yeah I'm fine with it, it is a bit less than the Holtby deal which I think is fair as he hadn't proven quite as much at the same point in their careers. The fact that he didn't win the Vezina likely keeps it a bit cheaper.

Hopfully it comes to pass and its followed fairly quickly by extensions to JoMo and Trouba.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sounds like Lindholm might be available from the Canes. He'd be ideal at 2C for the Jets, but costly. Probably need a big deal.

Starting point?

Trouba and Perreault

for

Lindholm and Hanifin

Jets downgrade at D, but get their long term #2C.

Appetite for the trade from the Jets side depends substantially on perspectives around Hanifin. I'm not a big fan, so not sure I'd like this specific trade.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah I'm fine with it, it is a bit less than the Holtby deal which I think is fair as he hadn't proven quite as much at the same point in their careers. The fact that he didn't win the Vezina likely keeps it a bit cheaper.

Hopfully it comes to pass and its followed fairly quickly by extensions to JoMo and Trouba.
Yeah I've been waiting for the announcements to start.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sounds like Lindholm might be available from the Canes. He'd be ideal at 2C for the Jets, but costly. Probably need a big deal.

Starting point?

Trouba and Perreault

for

Lindholm and Hanifin

Jets downgrade at D, but get their long term #2C.

Appetite for the trade from the Jets side depends substantially on perspectives around Hanifin. I'm not a big fan, so not sure I'd like this specific trade.

He is a mid 40 point center with ok underlying numbers. That seems to be on the low end of 2C's imo and not worth giving up a number 1 dmen in a package for. I would rather groom Roslovic for that role.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It looks like Chevy is doing his best to shove all his RFA signings just under Scheifele.

If he can get Trouba under the Chef ceiling then that will 500k less than my projections and go a long way to giving us more flexibility. Morrissey's market on long term deals doesn't approach the Chef deal so no issues there.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If he can get Trouba under the Chef ceiling then that will 500k less than my projections and go a long way to giving us more flexibility. Morrissey's market on long term deals doesn't approach the Chef deal so no issues there.
Yeah, I think Trouba will go a bit above, but he did the 2 year bridge. Morrissey and Connor will be kept under, but Laine is a bit a different thing all together. But hopefully Scheif's precedent can keep Laine's next deal on the reasonable end of possibilities.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
It looks like Chevy is doing his best to shove all his RFA signings just under Scheifele.

That contract set such a good precedent. First off, if the other guys see someone like Schiefele take a discount to stick around they may be more inclined to do the same. Secondly, Chevy has the "well we can't pay you more than 55" card he can play on virtually anyone on the roster.

Any word on Trouba or Morrissey??

Nope, just Helle.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm late to the party and haven't read entire thread but here are my thoughts. We are going to sign Stastny as he will take a little less to have a better chance to win. We do this by trading a guy or two. My thoughts are we look at a first round pick in return to save money to afford Stastny. So Myers plus Petan would be a good package. Petan is added as Myers has no term. Or perreault for a first as many teams would like to add him.
I look at first round and think Ottawa would look at a move like this for their pick at 22, and a small add maybe. They will not do a full rebuild as they will keep this years pick and look for players in trades and free agency that keep them from the lottery pick they will lose next year to COL, that will surely happen if they only trade for picks with Karlsson. They will be looking for players! That was evident in Boedker move over adding picks. So Perreault for 22? Who adds? They get a top six player, we get a first and cap space.
Or how about we send one of above to NYR for 26 who have three firsts, or to Philly for their second first at 19.
Trade adds would all depend on which would fit best above but there are many possibilities and I think the Jets will look at one of those to clear space and sign Stastny. My guess is Perreault is gone first as we have guys who can replace him on the cheap in Roslo and Vesalainen soon after. Heck I think Petan can fill that role but I do feel Jets will give him fresh start maybe for a second? Myers they will keep in the end I think but Edm is another suitor there. Those are my thoughts for the day. What you think?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm late to the party and haven't read entire thread but here are my thoughts. We are going to sign Stastny as he will take a little less to have a better chance to win. We do this by trading a guy or two. My thoughts are we look at a first round pick in return to save money to afford Stastny. So Myers plus Petan would be a good package. Petan is added as Myers has no term. Or perreault for a first as many teams would like to add him.
I look at first round and think Ottawa would look at a move like this for their pick at 22, and a small add maybe. They will not do a full rebuild as they will keep this years pick and look for players in trades and free agency that keep them from the lottery pick they will lose next year to COL, that will surely happen if they only trade for picks with Karlsson. They will be looking for players! That was evident in Boedker move over adding picks. So Perreault for 22? Who adds? They get a top six player, we get a first and cap space.
Or how about we send one of above to NYR for 26 who have three firsts, or to Philly for their second first at 19.
Trade adds would all depend on which would fit best above but there are many possibilities and I think the Jets will look at one of those to clear space and sign Stastny. My guess is Perreault is gone first as we have guys who can replace him on the cheap in Roslo and Vesalainen soon after. Heck I think Petan can fill that role but I do feel Jets will give him fresh start maybe for a second? Myers they will keep in the end I think but Edm is another suitor there. Those are my thoughts for the day. What you think?
I can't see any team giving a 1st for Perreault.

Myers might bring a 1st, but I think the Jets would be reluctant to move Myers unless they get a decent D, or they are sure that Kulikov will be healthy enough.

Still, I think either Myers or Perreault might be traded so the Jets can bring in a good 2/3 C, with Stastny at the top of their list.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I can't see any team giving a 1st for Perreault.

Myers might bring a 1st, but I think the Jets would be reluctant to move Myers unless they get a decent D, or they are sure that Kulikov will be healthy enough.

Still, I think either Myers or Perreault might be traded so the Jets can bring in a good 2/3 C, with Stastny at the top of their list.
What would MP fetch? Myers is a stretch to get a first without and add cause his contract ends soon.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What would MP fetch? Myers is a stretch to get a first without and add cause his contract ends soon.
I don't think anyone we (HF posters) are willing to move will fetch a 1st round pick 2 days before the draft. It would take a bigger move with a significant piece in play IMO.

Reactions: Whileee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln