Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
im pumped for the next two days

- Moving Myers likely means we have a deal for Trouba long term + a potential C added. I believe Myers fits w/ all the RFAs re-signed, I don't see Chevy moving him just for the sake of the pick
- If moved, ie: to EDM at 10OA. we have a shot at a very promising prospect
- I think we will land a good prospect in the 2nd round. Lots of good players available in the 2nd, might need to move up a tad to get a "1st round quality" player, but if we stay put, maybe Hallander?
- All the other theatrics the draft/trades bring including the trifecta of ineptitude between Chiarelli, Bergevin and Dorion

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
a pretty reliable bird mentioned to me that we should be hearing about a Connor Hellebyuck 6x6 contract fairly soon.
That's seems a little high to me after only one good season. I'd prefer $5 million AAV at 4-5 years tops.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Chevy committed to Pavelec too soon. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
The difference is that Pavelec hadn't really shown anything to suggest he'd ever be even an average starter when Chevy gave him that contract, whereas Hellebuyck has dominated at every level he's played at. Hellebuyck is a far better bet than Pavelec was.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Chevy committed to Pavelec too soon. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. Goalies can fluctuate so much. If this was a one-year wonder, we are screwed for the length of the contract.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

there ya go.
and a guy like Chiarelli can likely be fooled.
probably looking for a guy better than Myers and probably looking to shift some salary back to the Jets

Myers hip issues are probably very well known.
He may not fetch as much as many think.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This UFA class for Dmen is pretty weak. Other than Carlson, Mike Green is of similar ilk of Myers but older. If a team is looking to improve their Dman, Myers, if available will garner interest

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
it's pretty simple.
Chiarelli's job's at risk. the Oil crap the bed again and he's out
he'll trade to get some talent on D. i don't think Myers would be the best fit for the type of team the Oil wish to be (i.e. he has no breakout pass) but he'd be good on their PP.

my biggest concern is that Chevy won't let go of Myers.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
it's pretty simple.
he'll trade to get some talent on D. i don't think Myers would be the best fit for the type of team the Oil wish to be (i.e. he has no breakout pass) but he'd be good on their PP.

I think that's a strong possibility. #JetsLoyal

I like Myers, he's a one-off on a team that has more than a few of 'em. But I doubt his value gets much higher than it is right now.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
it's pretty simple.

My bet is Chevy has his price for Myers and if he doesn't get it, he's happy to hang onto him.

Reactions: Moon Man

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Oilers might go for Myers+Petan for #10 OA.

I’m not sure Chevy should add any more than that, as that prospect has a long ways to go to get to a Myers level contribution, if he ever does.

Petan likely doesn’t have a future with Jets with the other young players coming. That’s a nice add for Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad