Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not sure how adding one of the premier goal scorers in the league makes them easier to play against.

Any time we played against the Jets...he seemed to always score against us

Laine is not good defensively, he also gets frustrated when shadowed close. I don't consider him a premier goal scorer anymore beyond his first few seasons.
He has a cannon, but until he works on his all-around game a matures as a player he is not going anywhere.

Just my 2 cents.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Difference is Chicago has no chance at winning now. Bruins can still win a Cup during remaining Bergeron window (as short as it is)
Um. I wouldn't put the Bruins in a category that they are a Patrick Kane away from the cup. But that's me. To each their own.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think Laine is their Pastrnak. Lethal shooter. Put Laine on a line with some talent he’ll pot 40+

So who is feeding him? Roslovic or Domi? He might do well with Atkinson but they have no centers to speak of that compare to what Laine came from on the Jets.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Laine and Tortorella will get along famously I am sure.

Also lol at Dubois saying he wants to play in a bigger market and he gets... Winnipeg.
The Jets are the number one team in Winnipeg. The Blue Jackets are probably fighting the Cavaliers for number three behind the Browns and Buckeyes.

At least it’ll feel like a bigger market.

I guess.

Reactions: kjpm

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I mean that all depends on what Laine asks for on his next contract.

Do you think he's taking a pay cut? And Capfriendly shows the Jets retaining 1.75m so whatever happens CBJ is going to be on the hook for a high priced salary after this summer unless they flip Laine. Could happen, but Torts' act wears thin after a while and he's driven off one marquee player already. I don't see Jarno and company letting that continue.

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
With Kane they would be a Cup contender, but still not a favorite IMO.
And in the exact same place as Chicago afterwards if they don't win. Subtract the assets it would cost to acquire Kane and hey, least we can fuel the Chicago rebuild better than ours.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pretty good trade. Columbus made out well. Better than I thought they would given their situation. PLD gets to play in the organization in which his dad works. Laine is a stud offensively. If he is smart he will listen to Torts and improve his overall game. He's still very young, and could really become something extra special if he becomes better at the non-scoring part of the game. It will be interesting to see who ends up getting the better end of the deal. Both teams got great talents. Fun to see a trade of this magnitude early in the season.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Um. I wouldn't put the Bruins in a category that they are a Patrick Kane away from the cup. But that's me. To each their own.
I do. Lost Cup Finals to Blues 2 seasons ago. Last season top team in regular season (pre covid) and lost in playoffs to eventual Cup winners Tampa.

Unless you believe the sole reason for their success was Krug? Why wouldn’t adding a guaranteed 30/40+ veteran goal scorer keep them in Cup contention?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
With Hellebuyck who can get hot, you could see then pushing the Avs for tops in the west
No way. The peg has brutal defence. Just because they add a centre it doesn’t fix their brutal defence. This team can’t even compete with the maple leafs. Talking about competing with Colorado. Colorado is a team I consider one of the best.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So who is feeding him? Roslovic or Domi? He might do well with Atkinson but they have no centers to speak of that compare to what Laine came from on the Jets.
You said “Laine is easy to shutdown if you don’t give him room to shoot”. All I said is the same logic can be applied to Pastrnak, or any sniper for that matter.

Don’t move the goal posts

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I do. Lost Cup Finals to Blues 2 seasons ago. Last season top team in regular season (pre covid) and lost in playoffs to eventual Cup winners Tampa.

Unless you believe the sole reason for their success was Krug? Why wouldn’t adding a guaranteed 30/40+ veteran goal scorer keep them in Cup contention?
He doesn’t watch the same nhl as us. But also Kane has a crippling cap hit. He will never win a cup again.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can’t see Columbus paying Laine next year

sounds like a DeBrusk + to Columbus for Laine deal next Fall

hopefully Laine can be what Charlie Simmer was

I believe Krejci (resigned 1 year deal) and Laine will click well

0.1 Columbus pays him and the Bruins will have the ability to bundle decent players that will work in Columbus

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
The Jets are the number one team in Winnipeg. The Blue Jackets are probably fighting the Cavaliers for number three behind the Browns and Buckeyes.

At least it’ll feel like a bigger market.

I guess.

Yeah and I guess his dad coaches there so there's some upside. Probably not what he initially had in mind though lol

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
You said Laine would “be shutdown if he wasn’t given room to shoot”. All I said is the same could apply to Pastrnak, or any sniper for that matter.

You said “Laine is easy to shutdown if you don’t give him room to shoot”. All I said is the same logic can be applied to Pastrnak, or any sniper for that matter.

Pasternak is way better then laine over all. He is infinitely better with out the puck. He shoots just as good. But other wise Pasternak is way better. Pasta hits and plays in all three zones. He is all over the ice. Extremely high hockey iq. In fact I think Pasternak is one of the best players in the world.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

I've watched Laine a lot since he started. He is not the player you are making him out to be.

But time will tell which one of us is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad