Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Consider yes

If you make a move like that, then you need to have OEL or another top end D trade waiting for you.

I think he would certainly be a great addition to the team. But any deal for more than Jake, Jack and a 1st, no thanks.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Could someone give me the quick version of why Winnipeg is/should trade Laine?

From here it seems like the Bruins dealing Pasta.
Sheifele
Poo poo
Crap
<insert image here>

The only thing worse than the Jets' center depth is their defense. They should be looking to trade futures or a wing for any center available.

And despite being massive and massively talented, Laine appears to be a pain in the ass to deal with.

As mentioned previously, Columbus's center depth is no great shakes either, though.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Columbus traded Anderson to get a center (Domi) who isn't a 1st line center. No way Columbus does that unless they were in desperate need of a center. For them to turn around and trade PLD for anything other than a center would make no sense at this point . They have zero depth a center, acquiring a winger like Laine with nobody for him to play with makes zero sense. Kekalainen is a cheap bastard, don't see him being interested in Laine who will be demanding overpay in his next deal. I would be shocked if a deal for PLD doesn't have a center going back the other way. A head case for another head case doesn't seem appealing to me. Habs would be interested (naturally ) and have the right piece(s) to offer in either Suzuki , Danault or Kokemiemi and they have a shit load of draft picks to add if a sweetener is needed. PLD would be delighted to go to his home town team. They don't have the cap space however and would need to move out some salary to accommodate PLD. Tatar would be that guy but he's a UFA at seasons end and is over 30 so not sure Columbus would have interest in him. Probably looking for someone with an affordable contract. The fact that PLD is signed to a good value deal probably increases his value IMO.
Watch out for the Rangers in on this.

Reactions: JOKER 192

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
The Bruins aren't getting Dubois. If Winnipeg is truly offering Laine they just can't compete with that nor should they try. I'm not sure I'd even want him at this point, as good as he is. I can overlook a lot of alleged attitude problems of star players (most of which typically come off as PR flak to me) but to blatantly quit on the team like he did this week goes beyond that, regardless of whatever issues he has with Tortorella. That's not the type of guy I want to build a team around.

They're going to have tons of cap space at the deadline and in the offseason. Better options without the baggage will become available. Barkov is the guy to go hard for.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If you make a move like that, then you need to have OEL or another top end D trade waiting for you.

I think he would certainly be a great addition to the team. But any deal for more than Jake, Jack and a 1st, no thanks.

What's more valuable to a team an elite center or mid-elite D man. When I look at what Krejci and Berg have brought to the organization my preference is a Center.

Bruins are deep at D and Charlie is good but I still don't consider him elite.

For me it's a center but certainly appreciate why some folk wouldn't make the trade.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I say even to be considered it would take Carlo/Debrusk, Studnicka, Vaak and Beecher or a 1st.

Probably still not enough.

I thinks he ends up in Winnipeg, just a gut feeling.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I'm disappointed it doesn't appear bruins are in on PLD. Having another Quebec born superstar on the team to annoy Habitant fans has always made me smile.

Would anyone consider McAvoy for PLD? straight up?
Nope

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I like Coyle a lot, but I would do that deal. They both have good size, but IMO PLD has way more offensive upside. So if the cost was Coyle + Vaak + 2021 1st or a 2nd then do it.
Coyle had a nmc

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Columbus traded Anderson to get a center (Domi) who isn't a 1st line center. No way Columbus does that unless they were in desperate need of a center. For them to turn around and trade PLD for anything other than a center would make no sense at this point . They have zero depth a center, acquiring a winger like Laine with nobody for him to play with makes zero sense. Kekalainen is a cheap bastard, don't see him being interested in Laine who will be demanding overpay in his next deal. I would be shocked if a deal for PLD doesn't have a center going back the other way. A head case for another head case doesn't seem appealing to me. Habs would be interested (naturally ) and have the right piece(s) to offer in either Suzuki , Danault or Kokemiemi and they have a shit load of draft picks to add if a sweetener is needed. PLD would be delighted to go to his home town team. They don't have the cap space however and would need to move out some salary to accommodate PLD. Tatar would be that guy but he's a UFA at seasons end and is over 30 so not sure Columbus would have interest in him. Probably looking for someone with an affordable contract. The fact that PLD is signed to a good value deal probably increases his value IMO.
Montreal should be all in on Dubois. Big tall rugged center and he’s French Canadian to boot. Makes too much sense. Has he ever played with Anderson on same line?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Could someone give me the quick version of why Winnipeg is/should trade Laine? Is it just $ on the next deal?
He's had beef with their coach for a while. I don't think he's a culture fit there. I think he wants to be THE guy on his team, but in WPG he's more secondary scoring with Connor and Wheeler taking the top billings for wingers.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would be nice to be on the receiving end of stealing a young superstar for once

I’m sure lots of teams wish they could draft Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, McAvoy, etc where we got them. Bruins have stolen their stars on other ways.

But I agree. Bruins chance for that was 2015-2017 when they had a really good prospect system in the eyes of many. Glad they didn’t pay for Trouba lol.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad