Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
There is no West this year. Next year.

They will prevent the Habs of getting out of the division tough so that’s a good thing for this year.

Was not talking about this year, was talking about generally going forward. This year is an anomaly like the bubble was last summer. I don't really give it anything more than an asterisk in the long run.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
No way. The peg has brutal defence. Just because they add a centre it doesn’t fix their brutal defence. This team can’t even compete with the maple leafs. Talking about competing with Colorado. Colorado is a team I consider one of the best.

Your right about their D. But that did not stop Hellebuyck from winning the Vezina. A hot goaltender can change fortunes. Look at Roy in Montreal or Thomas for us in 2011.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was not talking about this year, was talking about generally going forward. This year is an anomaly like the bubble was last summer. I don't really give it anything more than an asterisk in the long run.
Agree

Bruins win the Cup this year awesome but it’s another bizzaro
Season

definitely entertaining way more then bubble but it’s still very odd

I had minimal to zero emotion watching Bubble playoffs but I’m 100% engaged with this season - still very weird though

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Can’t see Columbus paying Laine next year

sounds like a DeBrusk + to Columbus for Laine deal next Fall

hopefully Laine can be what Charlie Simmer was

I believe Krejci (resigned 1 year deal) and Laine will click well

0.1 Columbus pays him and the Bruins will have the ability to bundle decent players that will work in Columbus
your optimism is adorable

Reactions: Skelen and Gordoff

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Your right about their D. But that did not stop Hellebuyck from winning the Vezina. A hot goaltender can change fortunes. Look at Roy in Montreal or Thomas for us in 2011.
Thomas had one of the best defence I’ve ever seen in front of him

Reactions: Gordoff

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Jets just got better.
You think so, I think this is a horrible deal for the Jets.
They got fleeced, Laine has averaged 38 goals a year so far, no way PLD will ever score like this, he has averaged 23 goals a season.
And CLB get a decent 3rd liner in JR.
DS should be talking to Chevy and steal someone from him.
The Jets got screwed in the Trouba deal and let's not forget the Selanne trade!

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thomas had one of the best defence I’ve ever seen in front of him

Without Thomas standing on his head we don't get past that first round.

But anyways. I think the Peg will have a good team this season and better going forward in the next few years with PLD.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I personally like Torts as a coach. Holds players accountable and demands they work hard. That's it. Not bad for millions of dollars 6 months a year.

These new age hockey players are softer than my butt after a nice wax.

Hes coached at all levels and won at the highest. Hes earned my respect. Plus his pressers are great.

Also I have loved Columbus team in the PO the last 2 years. They work their bags off and never quit.

Reactions: Root and Bodit9

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Is no thread safe?
I'm not someone who harps on this topic all that much but it really hits home when you see people on this board throwing out packages for a high value player on the trade market and then the deal happens and you realize that mediocre drafting has left this team in no real position to compete in any of these deals. And the funny thing is that the packages Bruins fans speculate it would take to acquire PLD pale in comparison to what they got but would probably cripple the Bruins. The lack of organizational depth already limits the Bruins' trade options and is gonna be a massive problem the minute Bergeron & Krejci start to play like their age.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It is good that all the babies have been traded for one another. With Laine and Dubois or anyone else why have a contract if you just pout and you can get out of it.

I do not want either of them as I think they can be very disruptive to a team's chemistry.

Just my opinion.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It has made life easier...solid pick...but it also probably helps them that Laine wanted out. If he didn't, do they still go after PLD?
they obviously felt they wanted another center to build around. I think Laine was the odd man out either way. I've thought for a while it would be interesting to see if his declining numbers are because he's unhappy there or because teams have figured him out. Sadly Columbus with Torts is probably the last place in the league that will give us a clear answer to that question :laugh:

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I like the deal for both teams. But like everyone else Laine won’t mesh with Torts which will doom them both. But overall it’s a good deal for both sides.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I personally like Torts as a coach. Holds players accountable and demands they work hard. That's it. Not bad for millions of dollars 6 months a year.

These new age hockey players are softer than my butt after a nice wax.

Hes coached at all levels and won at the highest. Hes earned my respect. Plus his pressers are great.

Also I have loved Columbus team in the PO the last 2 years. They work their bags off and never quit.

You forgot “burns bridges and alienates players everywhere he goes.“

Biggest ego in coaching, IMO.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Pasternak is way better then laine over all. He is infinitely better with out the puck. He shoots just as good. But other wise Pasternak is way better. Pasta hits and plays in all three zones. He is all over the ice. Extremely high hockey iq. In fact I think Pasternak is one of the best players in the world.
Contract situations aside, they are similar players. I do think Pastrnak is better. But style wise they are both at their best shooting lots of pucks (snipers). To say Laine is easy to shutdown if you don’t give him room to shoot but not Pastrnak is just being a homer.

Laine has been in Winnipeg, and he didn’t get much time on the Jets top line (one of his gripes). I don’t think he’ll find much success in Columbus and I don’t think he’ll want to resign there. But Laine with a good center is one of the top goal scorers in the league.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think Laine has the potential to be the best goalscorer in NHL when Ovie retires.

So far Jarmo Kekäläinen got Jones for Johansen and Laine+Roslovic for what could've been.. Puljujärvi.

Bold, but excellent work by him.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad